ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News:

One of the best lines I've heard concerning Pitt came when a WVU was attending a football game at Pitt, As he, decked out in his Mountaineer gear, walked to his seat, a Pitt fan shouted, "Where did you park your tractor?" WVU fan retorted, "Over there by the abandoned steel mill." Nobody beats WVU fans.

The best thing about playing Pitt on the road is that WVU fans get their choice of excellent seating locations because Panther fans don't show up.
The first time I went to a WVU Pitt game in Pittsburg, I ask my buddy why he invited a bunch of Pitt fans to go to the game with us. Once we got inside and we were the only people in our section, he turned to me and said " you have to bring your own Pitt fans so you will have Pitt fans to abuse during the game". Most of the games I have been to up there, WVU fans out numbered the Pitt fans. They were fun guys to party with before the game.

I took my nephew to the Pitt/Marshall game last year in Pittsburgh. When we left at halftime, a fight broke out in the walkway between a young Pitt fan and an old Marshall fan. Pitt fans do not like to be reminded about not mattering since 1976 and Marshall fans hate being reminded that they are 0 for WVU.

The first time I went to a WVU Pitt game in Pittsburg, I ask my buddy why he invited a bunch of Pitt fans to go to the game with us. Once we got inside and we were the only people in our section, he turned to me and said " you have to bring your own Pitt fans so you will have Pitt fans to abuse during the game". Most of the games I have been to up there, WVU fans out numbered the Pitt fans. They were fun guys to party with before the game.

First it's Pittsburg with an h. Pittsburgh. Second I've been to all of the Pitt/WVU games over the last three decades. You are not telling the truth. Those games either sell out or are close to selling out. Stating that there were sections with only you in them would be a blatant lie. No wonder you get no likes sir. Third most of the fans were WVU fans? You are hopeless.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
One of the best lines I've heard concerning Pitt came when a WVU was attending a football game at Pitt, As he, decked out in his Mountaineer gear, walked to his seat, a Pitt fan shouted, "Where did you park your tractor?" WVU fan retorted, "Over there by the abandoned steel mill." Nobody beats WVU fans.

Man that was a zinger!!!!

The Pitt definition of a sell out and the rest of the worlds definition of a sell out are light years apart. Delusional and sad fan base. For $147, you can get season football tickets for Pitt. Or you can wait for the season and pick them up less than $5.

Reactions: Brookecountyeer
The Marshall game was not even close to a sell out. Half the Marshall crowd left at Halftime. I got my tickets outside from some guy sell them for $5 each. I paid far more just to park my vehicle.
The first Pitt game I went to could not have had 25,000 butts in the seat. To a Pitt fan that was a sell out. The last Pitt game in Pittsburgh, there was like 50,000+ there.

Last edited:
I only went to one game up Pitt. Can't remember the year, but it was at the old Pitt Stadium, where you had to walk up all them damn steps. I remember we got drunk and got into a decent sized fight in some cheesy parking lot before the game, and also recall the stupid jokes from the PA announcer about every quarter. Same joke, over and over. There's a tractor out in the parking lot that left its lights on. WV plate BR549. It was the game where Famous Amos had his 1st carry of his career, and broke like a 70 yard TD run. Maybe 1995 or 1996.

3122133.jpg
Heinz_Field02.jpg

Another Pitt sell out. You think there are 25,000 at either game?

Pittsburgh (notice the spelling, Still5-0), is first and foremost, a professional sports city. Unless they're competing for a national title, or hosting a big name team (Penn State or ND), they're simply not going to draw in fans. College teams in Pro cities simply aren't going to draw in fans if their team sucks. See Miami as another example. Win and compete for a title, and they draw well.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Maybe Mountaineer fans, me included, should be talking about declining attendance at WVU games...football and basketball. I am talking fannies in the seats, not tickets sold and/or distributed...and students not showing up or worse, leaving early unless it is a "premier" opponent. Spring game attendance is a joke for a P5 school that thinks it is a big time player. Maybe getting our own house in order is the place to start.

Maybe Mountaineer fans, me included, should be talking about declining attendance at WVU games...football and basketball. I am talking fannies in the seats, not tickets sold and/or distributed...and students not showing up or worse, leaving early unless it is a "premier" opponent. Spring game attendance is a joke for a P5 school that thinks it is a big time player. Maybe getting our own house in order is the place to start.
You really want to compare our attendance to Pitt's? WVU set a home attendance record last year in basketball and our per game average ranked in the top 5 all time for the coliseum.

Reactions: Brookecountyeer

So, in a pitt vs WVU thread you come in with this shit? Yep, a definite douche bag asshole.

Boy you really do need reading comprehension training don't you lol? Wasn't comparing to anything...but you probably can't grasp this comment either lolx2.
In a 2016 article, it stated Pitt was down 16% in football attendance and WVU was up 4% since leaving the BE. My reading comprehension is fine but your opinion is not backed up by facts.

Reactions: xgunnx
From the NCAA website it appears wvu has averaged 56k-57k +/- for the last 10-15 years. We are talking +/- 500 or so in any given year. Some people will bitch and moan no matter what and blame it on big 12 this, no rivals that. Doom and gloom is all some of these "fans" know.

In a 2016 article, it stated Pitt was down 16% in football attendance and WVU was up 4% since leaving the BE. My reading comprehension is fine but your opinion is not backed up by facts.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Present something official since you have all the answers. Or are you using the old eyeball test?

Pittsburgh (notice the spelling, Still5-0), is first and foremost, a professional sports city. Unless they're competing for a national title, or hosting a big name team (Penn State or ND), they're simply not going to draw in fans. College teams in Pro cities simply aren't going to draw in fans if their team sucks. See Miami as another example. Win and compete for a title, and they draw well.

Seriously why are you here?

The Marshall game was not even close to a sell out. Half the Marshall crowd left at Halftime. I got my tickets outside from some guy sell them for $5 each. I paid far more just to park my vehicle.

Well Marshall isn't really a hot ticket. Sorry if that hurts.

Would you guys admit Pitt is really WVUs only rival and go to those other threads and knock some sense into the idiot posters that act like WVU in not lost in the Big12 without Pitt.
Pitt was definately more of a rival than any current member of the big 12. Just the fact that some continue the eat sh&t pitt tirades 5 years after the last meeting in football or basketball pretty much confirms that. I don't hear any eat sh$t insert any big 12 team you want tirades. I would'nt be surprised if the va tech game has more of a rivalary feeling the closer it gets to kick off even though we haven't played them in 12 years.

alas...you are looking at announced numbers not true attendance...but enjoy your opinion.

Home attendance at all major college football games declined for the sixth consecutive year, though once again at a smaller rate compared to some past seasons.

This year's average crowd was again the lowest since 2000 (42,631). Crowd sizes were down 7 percent since peaking in 2008 (46,565).

As always, the data for this year's analysis counts only home games and not neutral-site venues. Figures represent the announced crowd totals schools reported to the NCAA and not necessarily actual attendance. Many athletic departments count attendance differently.

The biggest decreases in the Power Five: Missouri (20 percent), Minnesota (16 percent), Kentucky (12 percent), Stanford (12 percent), Maryland (11 percent), USC (9 percent) and Arizona State (9 percent).

One of the big attendance winners was Miami, which saw its crowds increase by 23 percent under new coach Mark Richt. The Hurricanes' average of 58,572 was their best since 2004 (59,134) after spending many years over the past decade below 45,000.

WVU had an increase of 5%

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-2016-crowds-decline-for-sixth-straight-year/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT