ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: All 6 police officers to be charged

It is going to be very difficult to get a policeman to expose himself in Baltimore if this woman is going to respond to the "I hear you". Officers work at their own discretion while in the streets. Discretion has been removed. Without absolute visual of offense, a smoking gun, they should walk away. Let this lady issue warrants before action is taken.

Answer simple complaints and don't get involved in anything more. You are going to get more Civil Rights than you want, IMO. The officers cannot risk getting into a case where they have to have legal representation. It will be equivalent to Obamacare any charge that the officer has to defend will lead to personal bankruptcy.

Better hope they can prove it. Charging someone for a crime to appease the mob only to have them acquitted will lead to greater unrest and mistrust.

You and I both know the deal. Any bets we will see any whites from Dundalk on the jury if it goes to trial?

They will probably get some jail time....The jury pool will most likely be very similar to that for the O.J. simpson trial except that it will be eager to crucify rather than aquit. If I am a white cop in Baltimore I would be looking to go to another city. Hopefully their retirements are somewhat portable.....In the mean time they should watch their backs and make no arrests unless given a warrant to do so.

The evidence doesn't sound like it matches the charges.

I didn't read the article yet, so forgive me if it's been covered, but it is documented that Gray said multiple times that he couldn't breathe. It is my understanding that they are required to get medical attention as quickly as possible. So, these charges might have less to do about the spinal cord injury and more to do with them not providing the medical attention.

I didn't read the article yet, so forgive me if it's been covered, but it is documented that Gray said multiple times that he couldn't breathe. It is my understanding that they are required to get medical attention as quickly as possible. So, these charges might have less to do about the spinal cord injury and more to do with them not providing the medical attention.

Assuming your angle is dead on is this a crime or really poor judgement or some of both?

Assuming your angle is dead on is this a crime or really poor judgement or some of both?
Is there any way these officers can file legal or civil charges against this woman for false imprisonment - no way in hell some of these charges will stick. Not even sure all the charges were in violation of a law. Take the warrant to some sympathetic judge to get signature and then take half of BPD to arrest her and place her behind bars. Force her to post bond and secure legal advise. It is said in legal circles that you can sue a ham sandwich.

Is there any way these officers can file legal or civil charges against this woman for false imprisonment - no way in hell some of these charges will stick. Not even sure all the charges were in violation of a law. Take the warrant to some sympathetic judge to get signature and then take half of BPD to arrest her and place her behind bars. Force her to post bond and secure legal advise. It is said in legal circles that you can sue a ham sandwich.

All of the officers were released on bail. I dont see how it would be false imprisonment. I doubt all of those charges against them go to trial. The charges are always added on to give prosecutors room to work.

It's "indict" a ham sandwich.

All of the officers were released on bail. I dont see how it would be false imprisonment. I doubt all of those charges against them go to trial. The charges are always added on to give prosecutors room to work.
They were imprisoned on false charges if none stick. Thus, they were falsely imprisoned. Right or wrong? She trumped up charges against them, and they would reciprocate.

They were imprisoned on false charges if none stick. Thus, they were falsely imprisoned. Right or wrong? She trumped up charges against them, and they would reciprocate.

you cant say they are false charges simply because they dont stick. They might have a civil case but being charged by a prosecutor isnt false imprisonment.

you cant say they are false charges simply because they dont stick. They might have a civil case but being charged by a prosecutor isnt false imprisonment.
I don't disagree that this has never been the case, but this woman is plowing new ground. The rules should apply to her just as she is applying to these officers 6 officers. One party may be guilty of an offense that may stick. She is not legally entitled to charge everyone who may have been in the neighborhood just to see if she can get a charge to stick. She cannot be above the law just to satisfy a political agenda.

Can you not see that she is receiving special rules in her position as an officer of the court?

I don't disagree that this has never been the case, but this woman is plowing new ground. The rules should apply to her just as she is applying to these officers 6 officers. One party may be guilty of an offense that may stick. She is not legally entitled to charge everyone who may have been in the neighborhood just to see if she can get a charge to stick. She cannot be above the law just to satisfy a political agenda.

Can you not see that she is receiving special rules in her position as an officer of the court?
maybe she.is. if she is there is a process availible to deal with overreaching prosecutors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT