ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Marshall believes Tavon Austin has had a 'great offseason' -- talks Stedman Bailey as well

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Brandon Marshall believes Tavon Austin has had a 'great offseason'

Head coach Jeff Fisher believes Tavon Austin is poised for a breakout year in 2015.

Now Austin is receiving high praise from wideout Brandon Marshall.

"I think Tavon gets it now," Marshall said, via Ramblin' Fan. "I think he had a great offseason this year and were starting to see that transition over to the practice field and game field.”

Another person in Austin's corner is offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti, who noted Austin's improvement early in the offseason, particularly in his route running and attention to detail.

Some quotes:

“I’m familiar with Tavon (Austin) and (Stedman) Bailey. I had the opportunity to work out with Bailey the last two years in the offseason and Tavon two years ago. I think Tavon gets it now. I think he had a great offseason this year and were starting to see that transition over to the practice field and game field.”

“Stedman, he’s just a hard worker. This guy, all he wants to do is run routes and do drills. He walks around with cones, literally. It’s cones in his hand and his son in his other hand. He’s a hard worker, so hopefully he has a break out year.”

“I think that Tavon had a great offseason. I think that he took it to a whole other level, and that’s where it starts. You win your one-on-one match ups, you win your games in the offseason. And he took advantage of that; just look at his Instagram posts. Every other day he’s posting about his workouts. He really embraced that, and I think that he would say he’s happy with the work that he put in this offseason and the Rams organization would say the same.”

Full article: http://ramblinfan.com/2015/09/02/brandon-marshall-i-think-tavon-had-a-great-offseason/

I was about to ask what the relationship to Brandon Marshall was. Couldn't figure out why a former Bears and current Jets receiver would know so much about Tavon and Sted. LOL

Turns out there is more than one Brandon Marshall in the world. Whodathunkit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT