ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Knapper

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
I realized this is board for all WVU. What is status of Knapper returning. I heard Huggs say 2 weeks ago he was already doing dummy drills and could return full go at some point. The knee injury was a meniscus which only is a 4 month deal. He had surgery at end of August so December 31 is 4 months. David Long returned in 4 months or less. He didn’t miss a step.

I think Knapper will give us another talented guard to apply pressure and score. Maybe Febuary he will be nice addition. Esa and Knapper could be huge for this team in March.

Huggins said it’s very unlikely, in his radio show. The only thing that would cause a change there is beetle or jc getting seriously hurt while there is still plenty of season left to play. Dax would play minutes at point if beetle or jc can’t go for a game or two

I realized this is board for all WVU. What is status of Knapper returning. I heard Huggs say 2 weeks ago he was already doing dummy drills and could return full go at some point. The knee injury was a meniscus which only is a 4 month deal. He had surgery at end of August so December 31 is 4 months. David Long returned in 4 months or less. He didn’t miss a step.

I think Knapper will give us another talented guard to apply pressure and score. Maybe Febuary he will be nice addition. Esa and Knapper could be huge for this team in March.
He's getting close to being cleared for additional drills and they're really encouraged by his progress. Kid has serious potential.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
I thought that Huggs pretty much settled Knapper's season by saying he was "done" for the year? In my opinion, no way you bring a freshman back from an injury in February on a top 10 team.

He's getting close to being cleared for additional drills and they're really encouraged by his progress. Kid has serious potential.
Wow thanks that’s great news. This team could be final 4 with a improved Esa and a healthy Knapper. Knapper was said by everyone in the program to be the top recruit and top impact newcomer. That extra prep year had him physically ready to impact plus he can really shoot from deep.

I don’t think redshirting is needed when he already had a prep school year. He will leave after redshirt junior year if he’s good anyway. Remember his redshirt junior year would be his 5th year out of high school so you might as well use him this year if he’s ready. Plus he can get experience for next year to help replace Dax and Jevon.

Wow thanks that’s great news. This team could be final 4 with a improved Esa and a healthy Knapper. Knapper was said by everyone in the program to be the top recruit and top impact newcomer. That extra prep year had him physically ready to impact plus he can really shoot from deep.
It's funny how he wasn't that highly regarded as a junior in high school but he really made a name for himself during his senior year and especially during his prep year. Can't wait to see him get on the court.

I thought that Huggs pretty much settled Knapper's season by saying he was "done" for the year? In my opinion, no way you bring a freshman back from an injury in February on a top 10 team.

See, I disagree. IF Huggs thinks this team does indeed have enough potential to win a Big 12 Championship and make a serious run in the NCAA, bring him in and play him half a year but only if he is full go.

We have a hot shot PG coming next year and a SG that used to play PG plus Knapper fro three more years if we do play him.

Risk/ reward type thing.

If he is cleared to play I think we need him to play if Dax an JC get into foul trouble In a game we are in
Big trouble, we need another good guard.

i havent heard the most recent radio show, but the quote huggs had about knapper being done for the year was right after his surgery....if he's progressing quicker than expected, then there could still be a chance he plays, but who knows until he's actually cleared.

To me, it’s about his health first. Then how quickly he can pick things up. Sags was used in special situations last year. But he wasn’t expected to run the team like a PG needs to do. Ahmed has been allowed to practice & he should know the O & D. BK has missed a lot of practice...... Hoping for full recovery and super quick learner. With our style, we never have enough good players. Unlike FB, Huggs plays his bench & treadmills the mistakes/selfishness out of them. I trust coaches will make correct call.

He won’t be allowed to even do contact drills until February.... he won’t be able to really compete in practice for playing time until March....

If Brandon Knapper sees the floor this season, it means something awful has happened to the current roster

Last edited:
He won’t allowed to even do contact drills until February.... he won’t be able to really compete in practice for playing time until March....

If Brandon Knapper sees the floor this season, it means something awful has happened to the current roster

thats a shame, we could have really used him. Never have a seen a meniscus take this long.

I saw Knapper play a lot of HS ball. His keys in making Bob's rotation, if he's ready this year or next, will be his desire to play defense and playing under control with the ball. There's a lot reach in's/lack of foot movement and one on threes in that young fella's game to be straightened out before Huggins gives him quality minutes.

Getting some muscle on him will be key, too. He makes Beetle look like Sag's.

I saw Knapper play a lot of HS ball. His keys in making Bob's rotation, if he's ready this year or next, will be his desire to play defense and playing under control with the ball. There's a lot reach in's/lack of foot movement and one on threes in that young fella's game to be straightened out before Huggins gives him quality minutes.

Getting some muscle on him will be key, too. He makes Beetle look like Sag's.

I see him all the time and he is bigger than Beetle.

Good to hear it. They must be feeding him. I used to pass him playing pick-up on the courts around Spring Hill and S.C. and saw numerous HS games of his. That was one skinny kid.

You have a team daydreaming about making a run, and Chase f'n Harler is your 6th man. For one, no title contender gives him a scholarship, for two no final four hopeful allows him to play let alone start a game. If Knapper can limp around you burn his redshirt and play are you people serious

You have a team daydreaming about making a run, and Chase f'n Harler is your 6th man. For one, no title contender gives him a scholarship, for two no final four hopeful allows him to play let alone start a game. If Knapper can limp around you burn his redshirt and play are you people serious

lol, your envy of him is well documented here

NPH butthurt gets bad in the winter, eh?

Knapper playing this year is a message board pipe dream. Actually it's a nightmare, because the only way it happens is if JC or Beetle are out for the year.

As for Knapper's injury, he tore his MCL. It wasn't just the meniscus. Been misreported many times

Knapper playing this year is a message board pipe dream. Actually it's a nightmare, because the only way it happens is if JC or Beetle are out for the year.

As for Knapper's injury, he tore his MCL. It wasn't just the meniscus. Been misreported many times

Paper.............thanks for keeping it real with regard to Knapper. It appears that you have insider information. It's good to have you on board. WARez

David Long came back earlier with same injury and never missed a beat. If it’s more than what’s being reported than I can see why he won’t be back this season. Sounds like he’s getting healthier and closer either way. I would play him if he can play in February but only if he’s 100%. He gives us more shooting and Press Virginia ability. We can find minutes for him.

Huggins stated in post game Knapper practiced? It sounds as if Knapper is on his way back and getting closer to playing. I’ve even heard he suited up for the game last night?

Great addition if 100% healthy. Maybe he is a big boost by the time Febuary comes.

See, I disagree. IF Huggs thinks this team does indeed have enough potential to win a Big 12 Championship and make a serious run in the NCAA, bring him in and play him half a year but only if he is full go.

We have a hot shot PG coming next year and a SG that used to play PG plus Knapper fro three more years if we do play him.

Risk/ reward type thing.
Plus, we really need him to get some game experience this year. He and McCabe are going to get major minutes next year, and you are watching the value of having experience at the guard position this year. It will be just the opposite next year.

Experience is huge for next year cause we lose 2 valuable seniors in J.C. and Dax. We need Knapper to get valuable game experience this year to help offset the loss of 2 good seniors. Beetle Bolden, Knapper, Harler playing and getting experience will help next year. Hopefully McCabe lives up to the hype. Those 4 could end up being pretty good next year as a group.

An experienced Teddy Allen and a freshmen impact from Doomes should help as well. Doomes is thought to be a instant impact and highly regarded by coaches as well. Culver will help Konate down low in a big way. Huggins has a lot of talent next year for sure. Esa and Lamont will be outstanding vets. Top 5 team next year possibly.

Experience is huge for next year cause we lose 2 valuable seniors in J.C. and Dax. We need Knapper to get valuable game experience this year to help offset the loss of 2 good seniors. Beetle Bolden, Knapper, Harler playing and getting experience will help next year. Hopefully McCabe lives up to the hype. Those 4 could end up being pretty good next year as a group.

An experienced Teddy Allen and a freshmen impact from Doomes should help as well. Doomes is thought to be a instant impact and highly regarded by coaches as well. Culver will help Konate down low in a big way. Huggins has a lot of talent next year for sure. Esa and Lamont will be outstanding vets. Top 5 team next year possibly.
I got caught looking ahead like this last year.... But Macon did not return and Ahmed got suspended... Yes we are rated very high, but it is still very early in the conference season to be reading our press clippings. Anyway, the development of Allen, Harris and the return of Ahmed could still make my last year's prediction come true just in a very different manner.

No reason to sit him if he's medically cleared to play. Remember, he's already had to sit out 1 season for prep so this is his 2nd year out of high school. Don't see him being at WVU 6 years removed from high school. Similar to Macon situation, leave for professional ball regardless if it's NBA or Europe. Can make a healthy living and see the world by playing Europe or Asia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT