ADVERTISEMENT

Braden Davis is committing later today

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
If you are on twitter & instgram, reach out and show him a little love.... Maybe that may help make a difference. For now tho, it feels like hes headed to South Carolina. I may be wrong, and I hope IM wrong... As fans, lets do everything we can to help our staff recruit. Something simple as just saying "we'd love to see your skillset on display in Morgantown", something that shows how we appreciate & welcome our players.... Every little bit helps. #DoYourPart

If you are on twitter & instgram, reach out and show him a little love.... Maybe that may help make a difference. For now tho, it feels like hes headed to South Carolina. I may be wrong, and I hope IM wrong... As fans, lets do everything we can to help our staff recruit. Something simple as just saying "we'd love to see your skillset on display in Morgantown", something that shows how we appreciate & welcome our players.... Every little bit helps. #DoYourPart
You actually think you can help recruit...from this forum? Now I know where's Biden's proposals come from. Talk to Rod Serling much?

Nah, that's a full on trump move like using twitter to undercut democracy daily.
How's China Joe doing so far? Oh that's right raising taxes higher than any president before him. Making a 4 trillion dollar spending budget and expanding US government. The man is a failure in just 4 months.

Thanks to the two trolls for taking the thread off topic.

How's China Joe doing so far? Oh that's right raising taxes higher than any president before him. Making a 4 trillion dollar spending budget and expanding US government. The man is a failure in just 4 months.

Looks like you did your part as well.
You must belong to the 1% club and/or a corporation that get away with paying very little because of all the loop holes. Ole Donald paying $600 a year and you are all for that?

You must belong to the 1% club and/or a corporation that get away with paying very little because of all the loop holes. Ole Donald paying $600 a year and you are all for that?
I enjoy living in a free country. But apparently you and your Joe Biden lovers don't like it.

Let's add that GM is building its newest factory in Mexico with no fear of Biden saying anything. Shipping jobs out of the US will again be the norm.

Prior to the pandemic a household income of about 539k put you in the top 1% of income earners. 376.5k put a household in the top 5%. Roughly 160k put you in the top 10%.

Only 53% of people in the US actually pay a single cent of income tax yearly. Some of those 47% that don't actually send money to the IRS are GIVEN money in "earned income" tax credits.

When trying to account monetarily (not an exact science) for how much the average citizen receives back in the form of services from the government, it is estimated households making less than 89-90k still do not pay NET taxes. Not paying net tax means they recieve services/resources from the government that are worth more than, or equal to, the actual amount of taxes they paid.

Therefore, only those making 90k or more are actually paying more in taxes than the monetary value of the governmental services/resources that they consume.

87% of the TOTAL income tax collected by the federal government per year comes from the top 25% of income earners. 71% of the TOTAL income tax collected by the federal government comes from the top 10% of income earners.

All this to say that the idea that the higher income earners are not "paying their fair share" is bogus. The top 1% are not multi-millionaire tycoons. The overwhelming majority are hard working professionals like doctors, lawyers, small business owners/managers, architects, etc... Most are folks who do not have the ability to shelter the money and do legitimately pay 35% or more of EVERY dollar they make to federal income taxes. These are the people paying a majority of income taxes and the people who actually bear the burden when these attacks on the 1% are made. But even if the attack hits Jeff Bezos and the 600k/year doctor household equally, the former hardly notices and latter actually does which is a disincentive to continue working at that pace.

Lastly there is a reason that mega millionaires/billionaires like Gates are okay with higher taxes or mega companies like Amazon with costly regulations. For simplicity sake, suppose 1 mega entity is in competition for investment real estate or operating a business against 100 other smaller investors/business owners. The smaller 100 are operating at lower income/profit margin so lets say they have 85% operating costs while the mega entity has 55% operating costs. Then a regulation comes along that increases operating costs or taxes by 12%. Since they are all in the same 1% club, the mega entity and EACH of the 100 smaller entities take that 12% hit. The mega entity has 33% rather than 45% left over income for investment. Each of the other 100 however have seen most of their possible investment income become operating costs now, which means practically none of them can invest. So while the mega entity's dollar amount is smaller, the competition has been practically eliminated which drives the demand and thus the price to invest down. This ultimately means the mega entity's purchasing power has INCREASED despite the total dollar amount in profit being less. Then when things turn good again or the regulations are lifted the smaller entities will again try to invest. Thus increasing demand and prices, but the mega entity will have a larger market share that growth than they had before. It's why when the COVID pandemic destroyed the economy, the 1% of the 1% of the 1% increased their value while the vast majority of the "1%" you revile lost out. More wealth was shifted toward the mega billionaires. And it will happen again every time people fall for the 1% class warfare crap as they cut the knees out of a vast majority of the wealthy, but not exorbitantly rich, that as an aggregate compete somewhat with the mega billionaires growing quest to consolidate power and wealth.

Last edited:

The Bell Tolls for Thee, great post. Very informative. But save your breath. Those that support the 1% tax agenda don't comprehend how this effects small businesses.​

Monetary/Wealth discrimination is a very real thing, and there is no better example then our tax system. Why should people who work extremely hard, take extreme levels of financial risks, find and nurture a creative niche to provide additional value in this world, find themselves finally being successful after in many cases years of struggle, pay a higher % then anyone else??

Its why Im a FLAT TAX SUPPORTER. Anything <= $24K ZERO taxes are paid. Anything > $24K is taxed at the same rate for everyone. It doesnt matter if its $25K or $25Mill, every penny above $24K is taxed at the same rate...

$24K is just a round generic number, but this is the most logical solution...

Also eliminate the inheritance tax, because its double taxation. Also, eliminate over seas banking (Swiss & Caymen accounts)... Also eliminate/reduce investment taxes... Also Companies like Amazon, Apple, Microsoft are to pay their fair share of taxes, and not have a corp office in a tax haven country simply to bypass U.S. taxes.. Also, tax any company (Specifically manufacturing companies) who ship jobs overseas at a much higher rate, as a penalty so its not monetary rewarding to outsource. Simplify the business taxes, reduce write offs and carry forwards, & give tax incentives for VC/PE & small business investments...

Far to logical for our partisan & corrupt govnt to enact. Also.... ENACT TERM LIMITS and reduce partisanship, one of our founding fathers greatest fear...

Monetary/Wealth discrimination is a very real thing, and there is no better example then our tax system. Why should people who work extremely hard, take extreme levels of financial risks, find and nurture a creative niche to provide additional value in this world, find themselves finally being successful after in many cases years of struggle, pay a higher % then anyone else??

Its why Im a FLAT TAX SUPPORTER. Anything <= $24K ZERO taxes are paid. Anything > $24K is taxed at the same rate for everyone. It doesnt matter if its $25K or $25Mill, every penny above $24K is taxed at the same rate...

$24K is just a round generic number, but this is the most logical solution...

Also eliminate the inheritance tax, because its double taxation. Also, eliminate over seas banking (Swiss & Caymen accounts)... Also eliminate/reduce investment taxes... Also Companies like Amazon, Apple, Microsoft are to pay their fair share of taxes, and not have a corp office in a tax haven country simply to bypass U.S. taxes.. Also, tax any company (Specifically manufacturing companies) who ship jobs overseas at a much higher rate, as a penalty so its not monetary rewarding to outsource. Simplify the business taxes, reduce write offs and carry forwards, & give tax incentives for VC/PE & small business investments...

Far to logical for our partisan & corrupt govnt to enact. Also.... ENACT TERM LIMITS and reduce partisanship, one of our founding fathers greatest fear...

It is absolute garbage that you can vote to raise taxes on OTHER people. Everyone should have skin in the game. I agree that there should be a flat tax on ALL income and there can be no brackets. Thus if you want to increase in taxes by 2%, you will see that same increase just like your neighbor. Only exception I would make for this rule is those under 18 making below a certain amount. No vote should mean no taxes unless you are making enough, or more than enough, to support a family like say a child actor. After that I think a national sales tax to augment the code would be fair. Thus those with more wealth to engage in transactions, be it wealth from income or capital gains/inheritance, will ultimately pay more in taxes as part of engaging in free markets. But it will never happen given almost half the country already pays no income tax at all and that creates a near insurmountable base to overcome.

Never go full retard.
In the modern era of PC & woke culture, sad fact, this classic would have never been made/approved. To think we would have never seen, the dude playin the dude, being another dude, so many hilarious scenes in that movie...

While free thought & speech is important, is it also important to treat people with dignity & respect, absolutely.... However, when pc & wokeness is used as part of a political arsenal to place the opposition in auto-defense mode, its impossible to have a logical & facts-based debate when you are constantly putting your opposition in defense of character(via racist, nazi, homophobic, sexist, bigot, xenophobe, etc etc)... A strategy to misdirect so the conversation maintains no real value, no real depth, esp strategic when you are at a disadvantage from a logical & factual perspective.

The sad part is many people through extreme partisanship fail to identify how they are being emotionally manipulated & monetized...

If he's shallow enough to care about this crap who wants him?
These are 18 year old kids, who are in many cases traveling 1000+ miles from home. I would think its somewhat comforting to know the level of support, appreciation, & welcoming a staff & fanbase will be to+for them. Its not shallow to analyze multiple factors when selecting a program. Fanbase activity, interaction, & support being one of them, as in the modern era of developing ones brand, they can be monetized later on.. I would say its part of the equation, far from the only factor..

One's brand...monetized....that's the new age bullshix that is killing college sports.
Monetization & building a brand is a life-long revenue stream, if built & developed effectively, that goes long after their playing days are over. Its not really for just when they are NCAAF players, but their professional career, and any business/venture they may want to launch/build. They automatically have 1.8 million clients/customers or network that can be monetized through marketing/advertising methods.

Like it or not, every business seeks to build their brand & widen their network & exposure. Knowing you have a significant starting point/floor, for all future endeavors/ventures is a smart move.. High-end talent today can leverage their network/following/interest to deploy in a myriad of ways to generate a revenue/income for themselves, its literally the definition of entrepreneurial spirit. One reason why NB & staff have the 5th qtr program, it goes far beyond revenue sources correlated to football..

This is why I believe fans/program supporters hold more power then they realize, if harnessed in a form of unity. United, if we gave each recruit 1.2 million twitter & instagram followers, if WVU was known for giving their recruits the largest twitter & instagram following/network, this would be a major factor, as many kids understand the potential value that offers for future opportunities. Its a new-age economy bro..

These kids have no brand. What you are talking about is new age crap that is killing sports...team concept...and respect for collective achievement. All these semi illiterate still in high school types think the world revolves around them. Stick your google rich philosophy.

These kids have no brand. What you are talking about is new age crap that is killing sports...team concept...and respect for collective achievement. All these semi illiterate still in high school types think the world revolves around them. Stick your google rich philosophy.
You should check out the top 250 recruits in each class. They all have a significant twitter & instagram following/network. You think a kid cant simultaneously build their social media networks and be a good teammate... Thats just an emotional & illogical thought process.

Granted, some kids are egotistical, but they are 16-18 yrs old and are constantly asked for interviews, visits, commitments, etc... Thats normal human behavior.

The power of social media these days can be monetized in so many different ways. Thats why WVU fans should do our part. If WVU was known for providing their commits with the largest social media following of any other program, this would be a significant factor for them. As kids today, understand the long-term value there.

The days when you have to work a traditional 9-5 are over... There are so many opportunities when you have a large network to tap..

Being smart and building individual brand has absolutely no impact on ones ability to be a great teammate, a great person, a high impact player & human... Thats like saying, all Doctors are egotistical assholes because they are doctors... Thats a narrow view of the world bro.. Extremely narrowminded.. Leveraging the potential of networking is part of almost every small-medium sized business strategy. Every business I know of seeks to leverage SM.. Why shouldnt a recruit/player do the same? It has zero correlation to any other factor in their life or who they are... Its at the top of the "Life Hack" list of things to be good at..

Personally, my business started excelling when my Linkedin profile started growing exponentially, that along with consistent product performance... When I put a little effort into growing my network, it immediately had a positive impact on my business. It also has brought multiple job opportunities at my doorstep. Allowing me to be selective and choose what path I wanted in life. Once my profile had approx 8k-10k followers, it started growing organically. Today I have approx 25k followers on Linkedin, that mainly follow my work in quantitative research/strategy development. Linkedin, when compared to other Social media outlets has a lower impact then twitter, instagram, etc.. My point, Social Media can absolutely assist in achieving success, to nurture financial security.

This is why if WVU fans unite, we could eventually be a major factor in high-end recruits choosing WVU above other programs. However, that would require setting aside everything other then our goal to help make WVU a better program. Most recruits today understand the value, we need to as well, to align with their mindset on how they may prefer to leverage opportunity.

Last edited:
Typical troll response when confronted with logical thought.
Don't bother trying to explain anything to John aka rootmaster. The guys knowledge of the world hasn't changed in 50 years. He thinks Mrs Brown should be baking recruits apple pies to seal the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT