ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl attendance declines for seventh consecutive season

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
By Matt Murschel Orlando Sentinel Contact Reporter
January 2018

Twenty-five of the 40 college football bowl games this season saw a drop in attendance from the previous season, with 13 of those games suffering double-digit losses.

It’s the seventh consecutive season during which there has been an overall decline in bowl attendance.

# The Miami Beach Bowl moved to Texas and was renamed the Frisco Bowl this season.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...wl-attendance-decline-20180111-htmlstory.html

By Matt Murschel Orlando Sentinel Contact Reporter
January 2018

Twenty-five of the 40 college football bowl games this season saw a drop in attendance from the previous season, with 13 of those games suffering double-digit losses.

It’s the seventh consecutive season during which there has been an overall decline in bowl attendance.

# The Miami Beach Bowl moved to Texas and was renamed the Frisco Bowl this season.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...wl-attendance-decline-20180111-htmlstory.html

Like I’ve posted before no one gives a crap about most Bowls. But of course WVU homers hate Grier now haha. If WVU beats Oklahoma all the players would have played in Major Bowl.

It may be from Jan 2018, but it will probably be able to be recycled in Jan 2019 and say "Bowl attendances decline for Eighth consecutive season"

It's a situation where a lot of fans who used to go every year (anywhere, anytime) are tired of the ripoff.

Like I’ve posted before no one gives a crap about most Bowls. But of course WVU homers hate Grier now haha. If WVU beats Oklahoma all the players would have played in Major Bowl.

Haven't seen any post or threads that people hate Grier. Have seen plenty where fans are upset he chose to sit out. If WVU had not blown the 17 point lead against Oklahoma State there would be a major bowl.

Not everybody can play in the weak ACC where you finish 7-6 playing in the title game. What a joke.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Haven't seen any post or threads that people hate Grier. Have seen plenty where fans are upset he chose to sit out. If WVU had not blown the 17 point lead against Oklahoma State there would be a major bowl.

Not everybody can play in the weak ACC where you finish 7-6 playing in the title game. What a joke.

Again nothing to do with Pitt but your insecurities take you there. Plenty of posters calling Grier out for not playing in a joke Bowl. Fan boys like you think he owes you something haha. If not for Grier WVU would have had 8-10 wins total over the last 2 years. Make a championship game before you have an opinion pal. You try to come off like you know all about it.

You think Big12 gets its first playoff win this year? Spare me the Big12 big boy conference thing haha. Get a playoff win then we’ll chat fanboy.

Happened the year before with Jabril Peppers in the Orange Bowl.
Is going to happen in a few of the NYD bowls again.

All I’m saying is Major Bowls and playoff most non top 10-20 players probably play. I realize the trend is going against draftable kids playing. But the WVU Bowl is a joke so why waste time and risk injury.

All I’m saying is Major Bowls and playoff most non top 10-20 players probably play. I realize the trend is going against draftable kids playing. But the WVU Bowl is a joke so why waste time and risk injury.

I think a win or a loss won't change much.
I think a player must make a choice in what it best for him. Sometimes that includes helping his university other times he is helping his school by not playing.

I think WV needs to have a great season next year more than winning a bowl game.
So Allison needs to step up.
He gets two weeks and a legit game to prove WV is in good hands next year at the QB position.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I think a win or a loss won't change much.
I think a player must make a choice in what it best for him. Sometimes that includes helping his university other times he is helping his school by not playing.

I think WV needs to have a great season next year more than winning a bowl game.
So Allison needs to step up.
He gets two weeks and a legit game to prove WV is in good hands next year at the QB position.

I’m more in the camp that the institutions make so much off these kids they owe their school very little.

Reactions: sword12
For sure but happens less

Ohio State top DE Nick Bsat out after his abdoman injury
Again nothing to do with Pitt but your insecurities take you there. Plenty of posters calling Grier out for not playing in a joke Bowl. Fan boys like you think he owes you something haha. If not for Grier WVU would have had 8-10 wins total over the last 2 years. Make a championship game before you have an opinion pal. You try to come off like you know all about it.

You think Big12 gets its first playoff win this year? Spare me the Big12 big boy conference thing haha. Get a playoff win then we’ll chat fanboy.

:zzz:

saban-vader-1.jpg
Lord Saban is correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT