ADVERTISEMENT

Bought some cannabis

rog1187

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
industry stock today. Just tinkering around. Anyone else have anything in the industry?

I don't want to support or encourage stoners. BoringBeagle lives in Colorado and appreciates your support, though.

I think it might be a good move. There is one of those dispensaries in Carson City and when you drive by seems like everyone buy the stuff is over 60.

Until the feds relent, I'm staying away. I do have a buddy that bought a greenhouse business 15 years ago thinking he could generate a nice ROI...pot came along and turned his 400,000 investment into a 28 million thriving enterprise. and he gets paid up front before the product is grown.

I was out in Palm Springs last year and we toured some of the facilities out there. It was like going into a pharmaceutical plant. They have as many regs as the drug companies. Licensing blew through the roof.

Reactions: Falstaff
Until the feds relent, I'm staying away. I do have a buddy that bought a greenhouse business 15 years ago thinking he could generate a nice ROI...pot came along and turned his 400,000 investment into a 28 million thriving enterprise. and he gets paid up front before the product is grown.
The money being spent on it in 'legal' businesses is outrageous.

but as long as the feds consider it illegal a lot of banks won't do business with them
It’s thriving in Southern California and other States were its legal. I think it’s just a matter of time before it’s legal everywhere.

Don't agree much with certain individuals on here but I also second the comment of very much against the legalization of pot (except for medical purposes and that needs to be regulated) and will not participate in any way personally including investments. However, I never criticize those that will participate as long as it is in a legal way.

but as long as the feds consider it illegal a lot of banks won't do business with them

This has been one of the main holdups in getting the medical marijuana program started here in Wv even though it’s been passed since 2017. The growing and diSpenserary fees are higher than what I expected. I spoke with Jason Frame who is over the WVMedCan program and he said that they should be able to start accepting and processing patient cards and product available by the Spring/Summer of 2021.

This has been one of the main holdups in getting the medical marijuana program started here in Wv even though it’s been passed since 2017. The growing and diSpenserary fees are higher than what I expected. I spoke with Jason Frame who is over the WVMedCan program and he said that they should be able to start accepting and processing patient cards and product available by the Spring/Summer of 2021.

My daughters roommate parents tried to get into the growing side...they pulled out after a year I think.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
My daughters roommate parents tried to get into the growing side...they pulled out after a year I think.
The person who took us on a tour said big money was taking over and squeezing the little people out. Regs and licenses going through the roof.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
The person who took us on a tour said big money was taking over and squeezing the little people out. Regs and licenses going through the roof.

It’s true. If you look at the Grower and Dispensary list, many of the same groups of people are on the list in the majority of counties. The big money groups (including some who are people from out of state):are running the show and the little people/mom and pop shops have no chance to compete with these groups. Even on the WVMedCan site, you can see how outrageous the fees, etc are. I’ll blame Jason Frame for dragging his ass on this program and allowing years to go by without even having a blueprint made for the program. They are 2 years behind schedule. He’s not the nicest person to deal with and his appointment as director was strictly political.

Last edited:
I’m a conservative and enjoy smoking here and there. Reefer madness got some of you all freaked out lol

industry stock today. Just tinkering around. Anyone else have anything in the industry?

I thought about it, but the guys trying to sell me the stock looked like this......didn't think I could trust them........

5925f8560120d.image.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT