ADVERTISEMENT

Bleacher report

wvu1962

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2008
So apparently one of our players punched a fan when they stormed the court couldn’t see who punched the fan. Lubbock is known for crappy fan behavior

So apparently one of our players punched a fan when they stormed the court couldn’t see who punched the fan. Lubbock is known for crappy fan behavior

It was the fan's fault..
0:16 mark

According to reports the Lubbock police have filed a report to the DA so if the student wants to press charges then the case will go in front of a grand jury for indictment.

Last edited:
Just one more reason why storming the court should be curtailed. How do the players and coaches know the fans intentions. Easily could turn into a serious safety issue with a mob mentality bent on nefarious actions.

Just one more reason why storming the court should be curtailed. How do the players and coaches know the fans intentions. Easily could turn into a serious safety issue with a mob mentality bent on nefarious actions.

Protecting players aside someone needs to take this kid aside and explain some things to him about life.
He was obviously frustrated and threw a punch that was intended to harm someone that was not even aware it was coming.
There is a difference between someone throwing a punch at someone in a fight that knows it is coming and throwing it as someone who obviously did not know someone was swinging on him.
I can tell the punch did not connect. If it did I am sure the police would have arrested him right then.

Cause the State of Texas will teach this kid a lesson if it is not handled correctly.
People in Lubbock and West Texas want this kid to have criminal charges pressed against him.

Last edited:
Looks like Wes Harris through punch but I couldn’t see why he reacted that way. It’s possible someone did something to him but he needs to mature from this. Players need to stay away from opposing fans in situations like this. Understand it’s just part of the territory/game. It was a big game and their fans are excited about the win.

Wes Harris is from Jackson, MS which is one of the baddest, toughest cities in America. A real southern dump full of bad people. Hopefully he learns to not make dumb decisions like that again. WVU will be a top 5 team his whole 3 years here so there will be more storming courts after a huge win against a high ranked #2 WVU.

Protecting players aside someone needs to take this kid aside and explain some things to him about life.
He was obviously frustrated and threw a punch that was intended to harm someone that was not even aware it was coming.
There is a difference between someone throwing a punch at someone in a fight that knows it is coming and throwing it as someone who obviously did not know someone was swinging on him.
I can tell the punch did not connect. If it did I am sure the police would have arrested him right then.

Cause the State of Texas will teach this kid a lesson if it is not handled correctly.
People in Lubbock and West Texas want this kid to have criminal charges pressed against him.

Blah blah blah Texas this Texas that blah blah blah. How about we wait until all the information/evidence is provided. To bad peoples in Lubbock and West Texas have very little to say in regards to due process, also remember that he is innocent until proven guilty. The lynch mob mentality of Texas is antiquated and of little use in 2018.

Besides your a pathetic troll who will be placed on ignore.

Looks like Wes Harris through punch but I couldn’t see why he reacted that way. It’s possible someone did something to him but he needs to mature from this. Players need to stay away from opposing fans in situations like this. Understand it’s just part of the territory/game. It was a big game and their fans are excited about the win.

Wes Harris is from Jackson, MS which is one of the baddest, toughest cities in America. A real southern dump full of bad people. Hopefully he learns to not make dumb decisions like that again. WVU will be a top 5 team his whole 3 years here so there will be more storming courts after a huge win against a high ranked #2 WVU.

What are your opinions on Charlotte?

Harris was trying to walk off the court toward his bench. The fan contacted him from behind, he turned and threw a punch.
Unfortunately, the security team walked past the WV bench and seemed more intent on protecting the Tech team.

We know all about the people in Lubbock and West Texas. We all know some racists

HAHAHAHAHA. You are delusional.

Good luck with that.

Nice Trump impersonation.

Reactions: countryroads89
Yeah, live here in Kansas City and have been going to the away venues for WV games. Couple friends of mine (Ka & Ka St fans) both strongly advised me to stay out of Lubbock. Its the hole of the Big 12 for fans from other schools and both have gone to all the Big 12 towns for football & basketball games. Said its the worst by far for poor fan behavior. So, with that said, player should have restrained himself. Not sure why he did it, but can't believe he did that for no reason at all. Student had to have said something, but still not justify the punch. Other thing is apparently Harris, if that is who did it, didn't hurt the little student, he kept going on to celebrate so think this is getting way to blown up from the holier than thou TT fan.

Blah blah blah Texas this Texas that blah blah blah. How about we wait until all the information/evidence is provided. To bad peoples in Lubbock and West Texas have very little to say in regards to due process, also remember that he is innocent until proven guilty. The lynch mob mentality of Texas is antiquated and of little use in 2018.

Besides your a pathetic troll who will be placed on ignore.

It is about right and wrong not WVU vs Tech

You don't throw a punch at a person who is walking or running by.
Are the people in West Virginia lacking the understanding of simple morality

If the guy had a problem with a fan than he should have squared up on him like a man.
That is how you fight and if it was a fight that a person did not punch or kick a downed man than no one in Texas would be pushing the issue except for Tech fans who behave like WVU fans

If the guy had a problem with a fan then he should have squared up on him like a man.
That is how you fight and if it was a fight that a person did not punch or kick a downed man then no one in Texas would be pushing the issue except for Tech fans who behave like WVU fans
Lol. Now its a morality issue because Harris didn't turn around and tell the fan to "put up your dukes". You Texicans sure are full of yourself. How bout a cage match at wrestlemania 85?

When Smart hit the Tech fan a few years ago the guy stood up and challenged the Oklahoma St player like a man.
This punishment for Adams will be a lot more severe.
The Big XII has to susupend him for the rest of the year unless West Virginia steps and does it themselves.

If the guy had a problem with a fan than he should have squared up on him like a man.
That is how you fight and if it was a fight that a person did not punch or kick a downed man than no one in Texas would be pushing the issue except for Tech fans who behave like WVU fans
What if the guy had a problem with Windbags? ............... You’re a Windbag.

You clearly didn't watch the video. The fan ran into the WVU player and knocked him sideways. I would have probably thrown a punch too.

This punishment for Adams will be a lot more severe.
The Big XII has to susupend him for the rest of the year unless West Virginia steps and does it themselves.

I don't know who Adams is.

I'm sure the Big XII will suspend a WVU player for the rest of the year after he swung at a fan who ran into him on the court during a court storming. (Sarcasm).

You are hilarious.

You clearly didn't watch the video. The fan ran into the WVU player and knocked him sideways. I would have probably thrown a punch too.

I don't know who Adams is.

I'm sure the Big XII will suspend a WVU player for the rest of the year after he swung at a fan who ran into him on the court during a court storming. (Sarcasm).

You are hilarious.

From the sound of everything Tech will be fined a record amount.
6 digits for sure. Might double the highest fine that is 100,000

Harris will be suspended the rest of the year and a couple of other West Virginia players including #50 will be suspended.

The one West Virginia player who was the leader in this situation should be congratulated because he prevented the situation from getting worse
I can't tell the number from the video.

From the sound of everything Tech will be fined a record amount.
6 digits for sure. Might double the highest fine that is 100,000

Harris will be suspended the rest of the year and a couple of other West Virginia players including #50 will be suspended.

The one West Virginia player who was the leader in this situation should be congratulated because he prevented the situation from getting worse
I can't tell the number from the video.

Wanna bet? LOL.

Wanna bet? LOL.

Do you not understand that both schools will be punished.
Tech might even lose a home game against Oklahoma St.
Oklahoma St is trying to push the Big XII and some other schools like Kansas are trying to get the Big XII to remove Tech's next home game.

If you do not think Harris was in the wrong that is on you.
It is only 13 games not that much. I am sure it will be just for the Big XII season.

Do you not understand that both schools will be punished.
Tech might even lose a home game against Oklahoma St.
Oklahoma St is trying to push the Big XII and some other schools like Kansas are trying to get the Big XII to remove Tech's next home game.

If you do not think Harris was in the wrong that is on you.
It is only 13 games not that much. I am sure it will be just for the Big XII season.

Wanna bet?

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Reactions: theSeanDon
Reports that TT will lose remaining home games.. That's a start, the coach should be suspended for the season too

If West Virginia doesn't like the ruling I guess they can go to the AAC.

Until they prove to be somebody in this conference I believe they even have less pull than Iowa St.

Looks like West Virginia along with Tech will get the hammer set down on them.

Tech should have to play it’s remaining home games at its opponent’s court. This shit happens far too often with the tech-tards and their scumbag fans.

Having said that, wvu players will be suspended for a couple games, no doubt. Right as KU comes to morgantown. Lady luck shines on ku once again. Disgusting.

Tech should have to play it’s remaining home games at its opponent’s court. This shit happens far too often with the tech-tards and their scumbag fans.

Having said that, wvu players will be suspended for a couple games, no doubt. Right as KU comes to morgantown. Lady luck shines on ku once again. Disgusting.

It seems like West Virginia and Tech always have issues between them every year.

This year it has been in both football and basketball.

player(S)? video only shows harris taking any aggressive action

I see now. Troll

Believe what you want to. I personally think no wvu players should be suspended because the fans should be fair game when they leave their seats to come onto the court. I doubt the big 12 will see it that way, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT