ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten commish Warren says B10 not done

Lies from long time troll Beechurst.

Funny how the shills and trolls always try to attack me but have to lie to do it isn’t it?

Notice how they are all trying desperately to derail the thread by making up nonsense about me, but all are scared shitless to address the topics at hand.
Buck, I tried to toss you a few crumbs but you are too delusional and prideful. You argued nonsense in the past, and were clearly proved wrong. Very wrong. Now I try to support your view, and you remain an ass.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
What is factual:

The SEC and B10 do not control any playoff at this point in time. It still has to be voted on by just about everyone, even going into the next iteration.

Even Kirk Herbstreit recently stated his belief that there will be 3 power conferences involved. Most pundits have stated regarding that the likely conferences will be B10, SEC and BIG 12 likely absorbing the ACC and PAC leftovers.

Even ESPN and FOX know that you cannot eliminate half the countries worth of fans schools from participating in the playoff and expect viewership and thus advertising rates to drop substantially.

So any discussion of just two conferences being involved in a playoff is just that. Thrown out, but not sticking to the wall.

Here's a discussion of the possible 16 team playoff Kevin Warren actually mentioned (along with 12 and 8 team playoffs) during B10 media days:

Tramel's ScissorTales: A 16-team College Football Playoff might be just what Big 12 needs​

excerpt:

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith seemed to throw the Big 12, the Pac-12 and the Atlantic Coast Conference a lifeline Tuesday when suggesting the playoff could expand to 16 teams.

A 16-team playoff could provide what a 12-team playoff would not – lots of space for SEC and Big Ten down-standings teams, plus room for as many as six conference champions.

As the Big 12, ACC and Pac-12 struggle to not just stay within shouting distance of the SEC and Big Ten in revenues but to stay relevant on the national landscape, playoff access becomes vital.

An eight-team playoff with no automatic qualifiers could mean as many as six SEC and Big Ten teams in the field, leaving scant opportunity for everyone else. If the SEC and Big Ten dictate such a playoff, they could not only stack the election committee, but set the criteria to their advantage.

But it appears that the Big 12, Pac-12 and ACC at least have one ally in high places. Smith is one of the most influential people in collegiate sports. And Ohio State president Kristina M. Johnson is on the board of managers for the College Football Playoff.

Big Ten will continue to expand:

Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren Addresses Potential Further Expansion​

“Regarding expansion, … it may include future expansion. But it will be done for the right reasons, at the right time,” Warren said, per SI’s Pat Forde. “We will not expand just to expand. We will be strategic.”
It all depends which (if any) teams from the P12 will = or add greater value to the B10, once their new media rights deal is revealed. I don't see any (remaining) B12 teams having enough value to be invited to the B10. Do you?

It all depends which (if any) teams from the P12 will = or add greater value to the B10, once their new media rights deal is revealed. I don't see any (remaining) B12 teams having enough value to be invited to the B10. Do you?
I don’t write checks for conferences- do you? You act like it’s something to be proud of that your PAC 12 will lose more schools. Thump your chest all you want. In the meantime the BIG 12 will be strong stable and remain as a power conference while your schools dicker over who should get more money because they think they have more value, and refuse to sign GoRs but want everyone sitting still for them til they can move on,

Pretty sure if I look at revenues from various sources there are plenty of BIg 12 schools more valuable than PAC 12 ones, but they aren’t located in say- Los Angeles or Seattle.

What is factual:

The SEC and B10 do not control any playoff at this point in time. It still has to be voted on by just about everyone, even going into the next iteration.

Even Kirk Herbstreit recently stated his belief that there will be 3 power conferences involved. Most pundits have stated regarding that the likely conferences will be B10, SEC and BIG 12 likely absorbing the ACC and PAC leftovers.

Even ESPN and FOX know that you cannot eliminate half the countries worth of fans schools from participating in the playoff and expect viewership and thus advertising rates to drop substantially.

So any discussion of just two conferences being involved in a playoff is just that. Thrown out, but not sticking to the wall.
There is nothing stopping the Big10 and the SEC from holding their own separate playoff. It would not be called the National Championship playoff because the other schools would not be involved.

The National Championship would again be awarded by the various entities like the Associated Press, National Football Foundation, etc. - just like it was before the advent of the BCS.

And I am willing to bet that 9 times out of 10, the winner of the Big10 and SEC playoff would be the one voted in as National Champions. I am also willing to bet that the media rights money collected by each Big10 and SEC team would be greater that what each now receive from the current College Football format.

This may not happen in the next 5-10 years. But I predict it is coming.

Reactions: Tylerite
There is nothing stopping the Big10 and the SEC from holding their own separate playoff. It would not be called the National Championship playoff because the other schools would not be involved.

The National Championship would again be awarded by the various entities like the Associated Press, National Football Foundation, etc. - just like it was before the advent of the BCS.

And I am willing to bet that 9 times out of 10, the winner of the Big10 and SEC playoff would be the one voted in as National Champions. I am also willing to bet that the media rights money collected by each Big10 and SEC team would be greater that what each now receive from the current College Football format.

This may not happen in the next 5-10 years. But I predict it is coming.
They can’t do it now without breaking away from the current governing structure. It would be suicide for the networks because in doing that, how many entire states worth of viewers would no longer have any interest in college football? Risky move especially if you are trying to pay these enormous sums to schools like Vanderbilt, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, etc.

It’s not going to be like the NFL where people in regions with no team watch. In college if your school isn’t participating, who cares?

I understand the B10 and SEC fans think everyone loves their product more than God, but it isn’t so In college athletics.

Once they stop participating with the majority of other schools then the audience and money goes away big time. They are making threats now so that people will sign on to a bigger playoff and just accept more B10 and SEC teams next time whether deserving or not.

They can’t do it now without breaking away from the current governing structure. It would be suicide for the networks because in doing that, how many entire states worth of viewers would no longer have any interest in college football? Risky move especially if you are trying to pay these enormous sums to schools like Vanderbilt, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, etc.

It’s not going to be like the NFL where people in regions with no team watch. In college if your school isn’t participating, who cares?

I understand the B10 and SEC fans think everyone loves their product more than God, but it isn’t so In college athletics.

Once they stop participating with the majority of other schools then the audience and money goes away big time. They are making threats now so that people will sign on to a bigger playoff and just accept more B10 and SEC teams next time whether deserving or not.
Now you're getting it. College football is driven by passion. Remove a competitive playing field for 3/4 of the teams and their fans will leave in droves. The SEC and Big 10 will have an exclusive country club conference that only about 30 percent of the country will care about seeing.

Standford, Cal, Washington and Oregon on the Big 10 list of the moment.

What is factual:

Big 10 stopped the playoff talks of 8 to 12 teams and fought to keep it at 4. It's still at 4. Now that USC and UCLA are Big 10 members you will see Big 10 say it's ok let's go 8. SEC 3 Teams B1G 3 Teams and everyone else fighting it out for final 2 spots to see who lose to one of the Big 2.

Last edited:

SEC and B1G will have 40 to 48 of the 66 so called P5 schools. They already have 32 of the best and stole the money makers from PAC and Big 12 conferences. Next is ACC. It's going to be the Big 2.

Big 10 stopped the playoff talks of 8 to 12 teams and fought to keep it at 4. It's still at 3. Now that USC and UCLA are Big 10 members you will see Big 10 say it's ok let's go 8. SEC 3 Teams B1G 3 Teams and everyone else fighting it out for final 2 spots to see who lose to one of the Big 2.
Going back to my trying to educate Tylerite yesterday. They need a certain number of votes to expand in 2025. What if the Big 12 flips their vote to "no"?
Suddenly the playoff revenue goes in the toilet.

Buck, I tried to toss you a few crumbs but you are too delusional and prideful. You argued nonsense in the past, and were clearly proved wrong. Very wrong. Now I try to support your view, and you remain an ass.
Buck doesn't like others to have opinions. It's the leftest in him.

Going back to my trying to educate Tylerite yesterday. They need a certain number of votes to expand in 2025. What if the Big 12 flips their vote to "no"?
If Big 10 and SEC say expand it will be done.

Reactions: Tylerite
You're talking about another issue now

SEC and B1G will have 40 to 48 of the 66 so called P5 schools. They already have 32 of the best and stole the money makers from PAC and Big 12 conferences. Next is ACC. It's going to be the Big 2.
Yes. This isn’t checkers. It’s chess. The goal isn’t even conferences as we know them now. I believe the end goal is a league. Think NFL. Collecting all the markets and bluebloods. Then merge SEC and Big 10 like AFC vs NFC model.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT