ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten commish Warren says B10 not done

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
Big Ten will continue to expand:

Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren Addresses Potential Further Expansion​

“Regarding expansion, … it may include future expansion. But it will be done for the right reasons, at the right time,” Warren said, per SI’s Pat Forde. “We will not expand just to expand. We will be strategic.”

Its interesting the Big Ten wouldn't be interested in Clemson also, but its a smallish school in rural South Carolina so not that surprising. FSU of course gets you into Florida and Miami is a huge market.

So the Pac not named Washington, Oregon, Stanford or Cal better be taking action for themselves sooner rather than later. Utah and Colorado and ASU should have a clearer picture of where things stand now. Same for the non FSU/Miami ACC. Maybe Clemson will be hooking up with the SEC? If not the BIG 12 will probably hold a spot.

Makes sense the B10 would consider CAL--market, but more importantly ends the flak from the Cali government for UCLA wrecking another major state school financially.

Last edited:
I get a kick out of it when they say ”sources”.
Yeah, cause they are really going to come out publicly and say this or that tv executive or conference administrator reported this--and then actually name them just for you-jeopardizing their livelihood and maybe safety.

What a moron.

Yeah, Brett McMurphy and other major sports reporters make up sources--which if discovered would DESTROY their lives. Because you don't like what they are reporting an actual source told them.

Man the shills here are into some maga world level reimagining of any reality they don't like.

Scary how ignorant some are.

Another interesting point that the McMurphy article reveals, UNC and UVA aren't targets for the Big Ten anymore.

This probably means they'd rather move to the SEC.

So if 20 team conferences

B10

Possibly Notre Dame, Stanford, FSU, Miami

if no ND then Cal probably gets the final call

SEC

UNC, UVA, Clemson and? GT? VT? I'm going with Virginia Tech cause we saw those Virginia politics the last time. Of course Duke would have an outside shot--but its way out there.

Another quote from Warren:

“When I say add value: value is important, but I just look at the fit,” Warren told Action Network Tuesday at Big Ten Media Days. “A fit has to be there academically, has to be there athletically. All those things are really important.

And more from an article on the Big Ten’s taking PAC schools and its implications for the PAC in future Rose Bowls:

excerpt(s)

The Rose Bowl's importance has been waning for years as college football's postseason evolved. The latest expansion by the Big Ten puts the future of the Pac-12, the conference's longtime Rose Bowl partner, in doubt and was another damaging blow to the Granddaddy of all the bowls….

“The Rose Bowl will always be an important part of the Big Ten,” said Alvarez, who now works for the conference as a special advisor to Commissioner Kevin Warren.

Now that the Big Ten has poached Southern California and UCLA from the Pac-12, it remains to be seen if the West Coast's Power Five conference will still be an important part of the Rose Bowl.

“I focus on the Big Ten,” Alvarez said. “When we went through expansion (in the early 2010s) I was really happy that we were able to add my alma mater, Nebraska, into our league. I knew Nebraska in the Big Eight. There is no Big Eight. So things change. You have to go with the flow."

SEC and Big 10 have yet to have teams from the same state.

Another interesting point that the McMurphy article reveals, UNC and UVA aren't targets for the Big Ten anymore.

This probably means they'd rather move to the SEC.

So if 20 team conferences

B10

Possibly Notre Dame, Stanford, FSU, Miami

if no ND then Cal probably gets the final call

SEC

UNC, UVA, Clemson and? GT? VT? I'm going with Virginia Tech cause we saw those Virginia politics the last time. Of course Duke would have an outside shot--but its way out there.
VT does not have that edge now.

SEC and Big 10 have yet to have teams from the same state.

??
B1G: California. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan
SEC: Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee
These states have two schools each
Do I need to explain his post to you, Tylerlite?

He's saying the SEC and B1G don't share teams within the same state (as of today), meaning SEC has teams in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, etc., all states where the B1G doesn't have a team residing within.

I would love to see Miami Notre Dame Oregon Washington in the BIG. And or Stanford and Cal. Think of rivalry week in the BIG 10

Michigan vsOhio St
USC vs UCLA
Miami vsNotre Dame
Stanford Vs Cal
Oregon vs Washington
Iowa vs Nebraska
Penn St vs Michigan St
NWestern vs Ill

lots of prime time games on rivalry week

I would love to see Miami Notre Dame Oregon Washington in the BIG. And or Stanford and Cal. Think of rivalry week in the BIG 10

Michigan vsOhio St
USC vs UCLA
Miami vsNotre Dame
Stanford Vs Cal
Oregon vs Washington
Iowa vs Nebraska
Penn St vs Michigan St
NWestern vs Ill

You left out a few big ones:

Purdue vs Indiana
Minnesota vs Wisconsin

and by far, the biggest of them all . . .

Rutgers vs Maryland

Michigan vsOhio St
USC vs UCLA
Miami vsNotre Dame
Stanford Vs Cal
Oregon vs Washington
Iowa vs Nebraska
Penn St vs Michigan St
NWestern vs Ill

Who cares? What does this have to do with WVU? They have ruined college football and they are admitting they are not done ruining it more. This is why I will no longer invest in it. I won't even pay for a premium membership on rivals any longer. They now have two divisions. The haves and have nots. Guess what WVU is now?

Do I need to explain his post to you, Tylerlite?

He's saying the SEC and B1G don't share teams within the same state (as of today), meaning SEC has teams in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, etc., all states where the B1G doesn't have a team residing within.
Thanks for the clarification

Either way none of them are considering WVU. So I do not care.
Reason to care— what they do in removing schools from other conferences gives WVUs conference an opportunity to add schools from other conferences, gain more resources, be more competitive and remain in the top level of football longer.

Who cares? What does this have to do with WVU? They have ruined college football and they are admitting they are not done ruining it more. This is why I will no longer invest in it. I won't even pay for a premium membership on rivals any longer. They now have two divisions. The haves and have nots. Guess what WVU is now?
This is false. WVU remains as does the BIG 12 playing at the highest level of football.

Agree I’m not going to watch B10 or SEC football though unless WVU is playing one of them.

Well we’re in a lower division now, but when the SEC expands to 24 we will be there

• Haha
Reactions: WV Bruno
From CBS Sports:

Big Ten evaluating Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Washington from Pac-12 as further expansion considered​

Could the Big Ten balloon to a 20-team (or more) league?​

INDIANAPOLIS -- As conference expansion rages onward, Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren left us breadcrumbs to follow in recent days. Warren's hints at further expansion could result in another bombshell that would shake the Pac-12.

The Big Ten is evaluating the worthiness of adding Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Washington from the Pac-12 to expand its conference to at least 20 teams, sources told CBS Sports this week.

Both of you shills need to knock it off. Have a discussion without insulting one another.

Michigan vsOhio St
USC vs UCLA
Miami vsNotre Dame
Stanford Vs Cal
Oregon vs Washington
Iowa vs Nebraska
Penn St vs Michigan St
NWestern vs Ill

B1G will take Stanford before Miami.

Both of you shills need to knock it off. Have a discussion without insulting one another.
That would be a first. Bucky doesn't like people disagreeing with him.

Bucky has also learned a new word 'shill' and can't help but use it multiple times even though he has no idea what it means.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
More from the Big Ten commish on further expansion:

Excerpt:

As far as a timetable and number of teams the Big Ten will add, that is unknown.

“It could be two months to two years,” another source said. “There could be an odd number, and there are not any specific number of teams.”

and this important mention of the BIG 12 and the new BIG 12 commish— and the Rose Bowl too:

“We’re in a five-year period of transformation,” Warren said. “Just because these are some of the moves on the front end of the transformation, we won’t really know that until we get toward a conclusion. I think over the next couple of years, it will settle down — the movement between conferences. How many are there? How many are not there? The structure will become clear.”

If the Big Ten adds more Pac-12 teams, the Big 12 could pursue Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah from the Pac-12, sources said. Warren said he has developed a close relationship with new Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark.

Ironically, both Warren and Yormark’s leagues could take teams from the Pac-12. So, if the Pac-12 were no longer a power league, a key question immediately jumps out: Could the Rose Bowl actually pivot in the future to a Big Ten-Big 12 matchup?

I think Buck learned “shill” from me. I’m not particularly proud of it, but I used to label him as such quite often during the last Big 12 non-expansion, when he advocated multiple times daily for the conference to add “somebody…anybody” (including UConn or Memphis or UCF or USF or ECU or Army or Navy or Boise State or BYU or Cincinnati or others as desperately necessary to “solidify” the league “for all time”).

None of those schools and its feeding mouth would have persuaded Texas or OU to reject an SEC offer. As I said back then, the B12 schools would make a lot more money sticking at 10 schools, which they surely have. Buck was desperate for a coveted “championship game” to add a data point and value to the league’s CFP chances. That WAS DONE, without diluting member shares because of totally unnecessary expansion. Times have changed. I no longer oppose Buck’s desire for the B12 to expand. Timing is everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
They're waiting on Notre Dame.

Interesting Bucky was here then all of a sudden your buddy shows up. Coincidence. There are no coincidences.

Its interesting the Big Ten wouldn't be interested in Clemson also, but its a smallish school in rural South Carolina so not that surprising. FSU of course gets you into Florida and Miami is a huge market.

So the Pac not named Washington, Oregon, Stanford or Cal better be taking action for themselves sooner rather than later. Utah and Colorado and ASU should have a clearer picture of where things stand now. Same for the non FSU/Miami ACC. Maybe Clemson will be hooking up with the SEC? If not the BIG 12 will probably hold a spot.

Makes sense the B10 would consider CAL--market, but more importantly ends the flak from the Cali government for UCLA wrecking another major state school financially.
I believe what they say about the PAC 10+2-2 schools. Makes sense. Miami or FSU? No way.

Why say it? Destabilize the ACC. Clemson bolts to SEC since they aren't on the invite list. Then UM and FSU beg to get into the SEC as well with likely only FSU getting in. Then the Big 12 finishes them off with taking UM, Pitt, VT and UL.

Clever. One PC response lays out about 3 different messages all at once.

I think Buck learned “shill” from me. I’m not particularly proud of it, but I used to label him as such quite often during the last Big 12 non-expansion, when he advocated multiple times daily for the conference to add “somebody…anybody” (including UConn or Memphis or UCF or USF or ECU or Army or Navy or Boise State or BYU or Cincinnati or others as desperately necessary to “solidify” the league “for all time”).

None of those schools and its feeding mouth would have persuaded Texas or OU to reject an SEC offer. As I said back then, the B12 schools would make a lot more money sticking at 10 schools, which they surely have. Buck was desperate for a coveted “championship game” to add a data point and value to the league’s CFP chances. That WAS DONE, without diluting member shares because of totally unnecessary expansion. Times have changed. I no longer oppose Buck’s desire for the B12 to expand. Timing is everything.
Lies from long time troll Beechurst.

Funny how the shills and trolls always try to attack me but have to lie to do it isn’t it?

Notice how they are all trying desperately to derail the thread by making up nonsense about me, but all are scared shitless to address the topics at hand.

Lies from long time troll Beechurst.

Funny how the shills and trolls always try to attack me but have to lie to do it isn’t it?

Notice how they are all trying desperately to derail the thread by making up nonsense about me, but all are scared shitless to address the topics at hand.
Who are you talking too? Because everyone else here is a shill! Lol 😂

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Who are you talking too? Because everyone else here is a shill! Lol 😂
Ahh, but look at the numbers WHO READ THE THREADS shilldiot,

obviously why you are here derailing. Of course if you didn’t think anyone was reading, then WHY waste so much time trying to attack me personally? Obviously you don’t even believe your own lies!

Ahh, but look at the numbers WHO READ THE THREADS shilldiot,

obviously why you are here derailing. Of course if you didn’t think anyone was reading, then WHY waste so much time trying to attack me personally? Obviously you don’t even believe your own lies!
Well dufuss, people sometimes like to laugh at you. What lies would that be? Like That you are such an informative poster, and that you are the golden 🐐. And you always start the argument because you can’t handle different opinions from yours.

ADVERTISEMENT