ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12

OK, so now you're alleging both Dunlap AND Casazza are liars?
Im telling you what happened at the presser. You make up you mind. What I think? I would assume the last thing Ollie wanted was to go under oath and air the dirty laundry, and Stew was not the only one with dirty cloths.

Im telling you what happened at the presser. You make up you mind. What I think? I would assume the last thing Ollie wanted was to go under oath and air the dirty laundry, and Stew was not the only one with dirty cloths.

No, you're misrepresenting what happened at the presser to fit your agenda.

Go under oath for what? The parties settled. There was a NDA. If Stewart was so innocent, why would he sign a document preventing him from clearing his name? If anyone wanted to avoid going under oath, it appears to be Stewart. Dunlap already went on the record with Casazza, so his side of the story was already public record.

You're suggesting Luck, Dunlap, and Casazza all maliciously conspired and made defamatory statements. Bull$hit.

How does everything here break down into a Rod or Stew argument when neither of these guys coach here?

Let me clarify a few things:

1) Stew did make an effort to dig up dirt on Dana.
2) Stew went canvassing the major boosters in order to get backing to fight his removal. I'm acquaintances with one such booster who told me about the call they got from him personally.
3) Ollie had to address the issue at some point. Why not then? There was a large contingent of fans that were very pro-Stew and he wasn't going to roll out the gory details and further divide the fan-base. I'm sure his answer was written and rehearsed well ahead of that news conference.
4) Ollie was forced into the HCIW issue. It was shoved on him from above. The BOG was divided on this issue and this was the only way they would allow this transition to happen. I am sure Ollie would not have gone that route if he was able to act unilaterally.

Colorado was approached by the Pac 12 during the attempted raid of the Big 12. They where the only one that accepted. The big 10's interest in Rutgers was television driven. The Acc approached Wvu after Maryland left but we where too far along in the process with Big 12. When the ACC approached Louisville it was to appease the football schools that had been voicing there displeasure. The Acc broke with there traditional expansion model when they invited Louisville. If they would have followed past criteria it would have been Uconn. If the big 12 where to fall apart the only hope for Wvu would be the Acc but if that where to happen we need to start playing better than 7-5.

I mean, I am not usually a stickler for proper punctuation, but this is really bad....

Reactions: WVURobinHood
This constant Stew vs. Red Bull is getting more than silly...fly shit in the pepper. Stew is gone (RIP) and DH has to produce some real results now...not in another five years. He wins. He stays. He sucks. He is gone. There are plenty of coaches out there. Win or move on.

/end thread

Reactions: WVURobinHood
Geez, guys, take it to the 5th grade schoolyard and duke it out.
I want information about my alma mater, not too guys (maybe 12-year-olds in grandma's basement?) wildly firing verbal arrows in the other person's direction.

Keep it simple: Dana does better than his Big 12 average of 4-5 (that's right!) or he's gone and WVU's Alabama experienced AD will look for a better head coach. WVU has been 4-5, 5-4, 2-7 and 4-5 in the Big 12. In 2013, WVU was ONE loss from finishing LAST.

What in the hell does anyone see in Dana that makes them think he'll suddenly become Nick Saban? I hope for 12-0 and a national title run like Rich and Don had for WVU. I'd be deliriously happy. I don't carry who the WVU coach is if that happens.

But I think Dana seriously needs to prove himself. This is his 5th Big 12 season. That's why Oliver Luck brought him in here, to do better than Luck thought Stewart would do in the Big 12 environment.

Can anyone seriously say that this has been a success?

Remember, this is from a guy who year after year was considered a homer for WVU (and is). But also from a guy who got paid for 15 years for his sports expertise.

It's time for Dana to do the job or move aside. I hope to hell he does the job. No one would be happier than me if he does.

And my MAC donations will continue or increase no matter who coaches WVU, because it's my alma mater. I care enough about WVU to try to help financially.

Now, Dana, make me feel good by beating Missouri, Youngstown and BYU and then doing better than your 4-5 average in the Big 12.

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Geez, guys, take it to the 5th grade schoolyard and duke it out.
I want information about my alma mater, not too guys (maybe 12-year-olds in grandma's basement?) wildly firing verbal arrows in the other person's direction.

Keep it simple: Dana does better than his Big 12 average of 4-5 (that's right!) or he's gone and WVU's Alabama experienced AD will look for a better head coach. WVU has been 4-5, 5-4, 2-7 and 4-5 in the Big 12. In 2013, WVU was ONE loss from finishing LAST.

What in the hell does anyone see in Dana that makes them think he'll suddenly become Nick Saban? I hope for 12-0 and a national title run like Rich and Don had for WVU. I'd be deliriously happy. I don't carry who the WVU coach is if that happens.

But I think Dana seriously needs to prove himself. This is his 5th Big 12 season. That's why Oliver Luck brought him in here, to do better than Luck thought Stewart would do in the Big 12 environment.

Can anyone seriously say that this has been a success?

Remember, this is from a guy who year after year was considered a homer for WVU (and is). But also from a guy who got paid for 15 years for his sports expertise.

It's time for Dana to do the job or move aside. I hope to hell he does the job. No one would be happier than me if he does.

And my MAC donations will continue or increase no matter who coaches WVU, because it's my alma mater. I care enough about WVU to try to help financially.

Now, Dana, make me feel good by beating Missouri, Youngstown and BYU and then doing better than your 4-5 average in the Big 12.

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Your flip flops are amazing. How do you get them to last?

I mean, I am not usually a stickler for proper punctuation, but this is really bad....

Maybe you should change you're name to getyawordsup you seem to know grammar better than numbers. Like the time 5150 told you that only Oklahoma has had more players drafted in the NFL than wvu since we have been members of the big 12. It is pretty clear you don't know how to count to 14. Here's a start 1+1=2

Last edited:
Everything this year will depend on Howard. I'm not optimistic when it comes to him. I don't think he has the " it " factor one needs to be " the man ".

Basically, the whole season hinges on a 5-10 slow QB that likes to call his number in crucial situations and he doesn't have the stuff to back up his decisions. The whole middle of the field is lost to him because he can't see over the O-line which greatly affects how the offense is run. Geno made hay in the middle of the field when he needed a first down, Howard throws in long hoping for a miracle.

Unless Howard has grown like 4-5 inches, I think we see the same as last year.

So are you trying to say the play at the QB position is substandard?

So are you trying to say the play at the QB position is substandard?

Last year it was very substandard in conference play, the numbers bear that out. A 50.4% completion rate to go with 12 passing TDs and 11 INTs does not add up to wins. 3.4 YPC and 6 rushing TDs also did not help much.

Here's hoping those numbers go from mediocre to record setting! Better QB mechanics creating higher accuracy and better hands by his receivers from experience and determination can make a lot of difference in all of the numbers, especially the W-L record.

Last year it was very substandard in conference play, the numbers bear that out. A 50.4% completion rate to go with 12 passing TDs and 11 INTs does not add up to wins. 3.4 YPC and 6 rushing TDs also did not help much.

Here's hoping those numbers go from mediocre to record setting! Better QB mechanics creating higher accuracy and better hands by his receivers from experience and determination can make a lot of difference in all of the numbers, especially the W-L record.

I agree his play was substandard but there are some who can't seem to break down the meaning of the actual numbers.

Solid post.

Needs to get his completion percentage up and make better decisions.

I read on another site that he is blocking fans on twitter. While I don't know who or what the reason, its not a good indicator of being a team leader if your QB lets weirdos on twitter get to him so much that he actually blocks them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT