ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Rival

I hate losing to K-State more than any other Big 12 team. Not really sure why.
You hate K state because they are proof of how a good coach can get more from less. If Snyder had the talent that wvu had last year he could have very well won the big 12. He definitely wouldn't have been embarrassed and out classed by an 8-4 Irrelevant Miami team that beat none of the big boys in the acc.

Agree. Maryland game is huge and their fans hate and respect us at the same time. Classic boarder rival game that has huge momentum implications on both sides. Where has this guy been?
I have been here a long time.

If the Maryland game excites a lot of the WVU fan base...that is great. I guess I am glad they don't like us.

Just speaking for myself, but when Maryland was off the schedule, I never missed them.

I get we recruit from that area and the game is beneficial, but I have never woken up and said, "Alright, I pumped to play Maryland."

I have never hated losing to K-State.

Their fan base seems a lot like ours and I probably have more respect for Bill Snyder than any other coach in the P5.

His integrity and class will be missed across the board when he steps down for the final time.

Reactions: GoWVU
When you use the word we who are you referring to? Most logical people would know that Bill Snyder is a better coach than the fluffer. Most logical people wouldn't continue to worry each season whether another school is going to come in and hire a guy away who hasn't beaten a ranked team in almost 3 years. Most logical people wouldn't worry about their coach getting hired away when the only bowl game he has won with a team he recruited was against a 6-6 pac 12 team. Most logical people wouldn't be demanding that a coach who has mostly produced 7-5 seasons should be compensated with the likes of Saban and Meyer. With that said Fluffer holgorsens disciples are not known to apply much logic.
Bless your heart, Spooky. Nobody on this board is more consistent than you. [cheers]

And, yes, my use of "we" did not include your hated fluffers. [WVU]

Reactions: Spookycat2002
You should ask mr pbawvu if he knows the difference between a future hall of fame coach and one who isn't
I know the difference. Bill Snyder is a great coach and future Hall of Famer. Just look at what he has been able to do at K-State. He's won nearly 66% of his games at K-State. If you take Snyder coached teams out of the equation, K-State wins about 37% of the time. If that doesn't warrant HOF I don't know what does.

Bless your heart, Spooky. Nobody on this board is more consistent than you. [cheers]

And, yes, my use of "we" did not include your hated fluffers. [WVU]
I never doubted your wisdom true mountaineer patriot and don't worry what ever lies the disciples want to spew I will make sure they don't go unopposed.

I know the difference. Bill Snyder is a great coach and future Hall of Famer. Just look at what he has been able to do at K-State. He's won nearly 66% of his games at K-State. If you take Snyder coached teams out of the equation, K-State wins about 37% of the time. If that doesn't warrant HOF I don't know what does.
Well thanks for clarifying that but Im not sure what criticizing someones grammar has to do with Snyder > Holgorsen. But if we had a future hall of fame coach then im sure we could do better than squeaking out a 1 point win against a 6-6 pac 12 team or getting stomped by an 8-4 acc team that beat none of the big boys in the acc last year. The coach we had 10 years ago sucked according to many on this board but the teams he assembled were able to beat sec and big 12 champions in marquee bowl games.

Well thanks for clarifying that but Im not sure what criticizing someones grammar has to do with Snyder > Holgorsen. But if we had a future hall of fame coach then im sure we could do better than squeaking out a 1 point win against a 6-6 pac 12 team or getting stomped by an 8-4 acc team that beat none of the big boys in the acc last year. The coach we had 10 years ago sucked according to many on this board but the teams he assembled were able to beat sec and big 12 champions in marquee bowl games.
My point was K-State sucked before the HOF coach and will suck again after he retires. Hopefully for you Snyder will live forever.

I never doubted your wisdom true mountaineer patriot and don't worry what ever lies the disciples want to spew I will make sure they don't go unopposed.
Thank you spooky. We will all sleep better at night knowing you're out there being crusader of sage negative wisdom.

Last edited:
Thank you spooky. We will all sleep better at night knowing you're out there being crusader of sage negative wisdom.
you again I thought you got banned. You should be very appreciative of the fact that me and some of the more astute posters come on here to provide you with these educational opportunities.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
The only "natural" Big 12 rivalry should have been TCU because it was a battle of newbies crashing the club. But WVU didn't match TCU's Big 12 record ... It takes time for rivalries. I agree that Oklahoma and Texas, which will be big for WVU fans (and draw well in Mountaineer Field) is a one-sided rivalry. Their fans put WVU far down the list of their hated opponents. It took 105 years for the Pitt rivalry. Not even double-digit in the Big 12 yet. We're there for the money, not the rivalries, and to stay halfway relevant in college football. Huggins would make WVU relevant in any conference.

Let me help you out here. TCU IS IN TEXAS!!!! Why on earth would you think TCU gives a rats ass about playing a WVU team entire country away from the Dallas area. Maybe one of the 34 teams in Texas feels more like a rival to TCU. Hope that helps you get your head back in the game.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
you again I thought you got banned. You should be very appreciative of the fact that me and some of the more astute posters come on here to provide you with these educational opportunities.
We really enjoy the laughs. Every village needs a fool. Thanks for being that guy.

We really enjoy the laughs. Every village needs a fool. Thanks for being that guy.
Man you are boring the same old recycled lines. You don't have to worry about winning the village idiot award. The organizers decided they wanted some parity in the winners so they decided to omit your name from the competition. I will be waiting for response you obsessed teenage girl.

Once again not sure of what your post means but that is you in a nutshell.
Snyder > Holgorsen

Once again you post negativity in double time. But that's you in a cracked nutshell.

Snyder 1 game losing streak to Holgorsen.

I have been here a long time.

If the Maryland game excites a lot of the WVU fan base...that is great. I guess I am glad they don't like us.

Just speaking for myself, but when Maryland was off the schedule, I never missed them.

I get we recruit from that area and the game is beneficial, but I have never woken up and said, "Alright, I pumped to play Maryland."

Pitt is coming to the rescue in a few years. Hang in there.

I don't know why WVU wouldn't do a 3/2 with VaTech or sign a ten year deal and give them the first and last games for a 6/4. Who cares. These ADs get into these irrelevant dick swinging games. WVU should have at least one game per year with their old Big East partners. Probably two games per year.

I don't know why WVU wouldn't do a 3/2 with VaTech or sign a ten year deal and give them the first and last games for a 6/4. Who cares. These ADs get into these irrelevant dick swinging games. WVU should have at least one game per year with their old Big East partners. Probably two games per year.
If you actually checked the schedule you would see that WVU plays Va. Tech, Pitt and Penn State with an over lap of Penn State and Pitt. Perhaps Pitt should give WVU a 6/4 schedule.

Once again you post negativity in double time. But that's you in a cracked nutshell.

Snyder 1 game losing streak to Holgorsen.
I stated nothing negative its just a fact unless your divine wisdom would like to dispute it. I think the glasses you have on have to much of a rose tint to them.

If you actually checked the schedule you would see that WVU plays Va. Tech, Pitt and Penn State with an over lap of Penn State and Pitt. Perhaps Pitt should give WVU a 6/4 schedule.

Man you really are a retard. Obviously a WVU has those teams on their schedule. You realize WVU has tried to get Pitt to go long term right? I know that for a fact regarding Football and Hoops. I mean Huggy mocks Pitt regularly for not playing WVU. Of course neither Pitt nor WVU would go 6/4 against each over. And they shouldn't. But to get VaTech and Penn St on for an extended series WVU should just give them the extra two home games. Who cares.

I stated nothing negative its just a fact unless your divine wisdom would like to dispute it. I think the glasses you have on have to much of a rose tint to them.

I like my rose tented glasses and cheering for the mountaineers. You can continue with your Marshall and Buckeye love if want. But I will not.

I am not sure I or WVU needs rescued in terms of scheduling.

It won't quite have the same feel to anyway with it being an out-of-conference game.

I will say it was the one game on the schedule I never wanted to lose.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I am not sure I or WVU needs rescued in terms of scheduling.

It won't quite have the same feel to anyway with it being an out-of-conference game.

I will say it was the one game on the schedule I never wanted to lose.

I think it will have the same exact feel as Penn State had last year. WVU, Pitt and Penn State should play on a rotation basis at all times. There should never be a year when two of these three programs aren't playing. 2 years on and one year off.

I think it will have the same exact feel as Penn State had last year. WVU, Pitt and Penn State should play on a rotation basis at all times. There should never be a year when two of these three programs aren't playing. 2 years on and one year off.
I also would love to be able to play UVA, Maryland, Cincy, etc. as many times as possible in every sport to be able to travel to more games. It's very tough to get to see any conference games without spending a small fortune.

Pitt's natural rivals are Penn State and West Virginia because of having played so many games through the years.

Even though we are not in the same conference the games still have regional and national appeal.

This is evident when you see ABC scheduling the Pitt vs Penn State football game for a nationally televised 3:30 pm broadcast.

When Pitt plays West Virginia again in football it will also have both regional and national appeal.

True Football rivalries are "REAL" and can't be artificially manufactured like MSU vs PSU.

Although we might not be able to play every year, it would be nice to have either Penn State or WVU on our schedule for one of our OOC games each year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

The Mountaineers do not need rescued, especially from pitt...I for one do not miss pitt, vt and the rest of the BE backstabbers and liars. Would much rather play the Big 10 or SEC teams.

Last edited:
Pitt's natural rivals are Penn State and West Virginia because of having played so many games through the years.

Even though we are not in the same conference the games still have regional and national appeal.

This is evident when you see ABC scheduling the Pitt vs Penn State football game for a nationally televised 3:30 pm broadcast.

When Pitt plays West Virginia again in football it will also have both regional and national appeal.

True Football rivalries are "REAL" and can't be artificially manufactured like MSU vs PSU.

Although we might not be able to play every year, it would be nice to have either Penn State or WVU on our schedule for one of our OOC games each year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
agreed. good post.

The Mountaineers do not need rescued, especially from pitt...I for one do not miss pitt, vt and the rest of the BE backstabbers and liars. Would much rather play the Big 10 or SEC teams.

Big Ten and SEC would be great options. However I think Big Ten would laugh at WVU. SEC would be realistic I would think but probably take Oklahoma over WVU. Then Oklahoma State would become a threat if Texas wasn't interested in the SEC.

Big Ten and SEC would be great options. However I think Big Ten would laugh at WVU. SEC would be realistic I would think but probably take Oklahoma over WVU. Then Oklahoma State would become a threat if Texas wasn't interested in the SEC.
I wasn't speaking of joining said conferences, I really like the Big 12. I was speaking instead of pitt, vt or any of the other old BE backstabbers playing OOC games with SEC or Big 10 teams. I don't think WVU would be laughed at playing OOC games with any of those teams.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I wasn't speaking of joining said conferences, I really like the Big 12. I was speaking instead of pitt, vt or any of the other old BE backstabbers playing OOC games with SEC or Big 10 teams. I don't think WVU would be laughed at playing OOC games with any of those teams.

Sweet! I don't care though! Listen man. This is my world and I'm permitting you to live in it. I was posting about when the Big12 implodes. No one cares about your desire to play Purdue and Vanderbilt.

Sweet! I don't care though! Listen man. This is my world and I'm permitting you to live in it. I was posting about when the Big12 implodes. No one cares about your desire to play Purdue and Vanderbilt.
Please hold your breath till the Big 12 implodes. Seems the Mountaineers have been playing some of the big boys in the SEC....remember LSU and Alabama? If you don't care why are you here? Trolling? You are permitting me? LMAO. No way I would want to live in your world.

Plenty of Rivals are not in the same conference.

Army/Navy
Colorado/Colorado State
USC/Notre Dame
Clemson/South Carolina

Ect

WVU'S Rivals are OOC
Pitt
Maryland
VT

So?

oh come on vault...you play rivals every year and trade home games. Games in the past and now played every ten years or so hardly constitute a rivalry! I personally enjoy Ok and Tx etc but we have no real rivalry games anymore.

Please hold your breath till the Big 12 implodes. Seems the Mountaineers have been playing some of the big boys in the SEC....remember LSU and Alabama? If you don't care why are you here? Trolling? You are permitting me? LMAO. No way I would want to live in your world.

Loser

And get an Avatar for goodness sakes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT