ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 predictions anyone?

amath13

Senior
Mar 5, 2012
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma State -10

Oklahoma State appears to have gotten things rolling again (despite the loss to a VERY good Kansas State team). It will be interesting to see whether Lunt or Chelf gets the start on Saturday. Chelf has looked pretty good the last 2 weeks, but all 3 quarterbacks have brought something to the table this season. I wish we had the luxury of having 3 quality quarterbacks on the roster. It should be a good matchup for QB's as I've been pretty impressed with Doege. I think OSU has the edge in this one and although they may not cover, they should win.

Oklahoma State 34 Texas Tech 24

Oklahoma @ West Virginia +11

Take your mortgage to Vegas & then take Oklahoma & the points. Oklahoma will score early & often & not look back en route to a blowout win. This is the worst I've seen our fans jump off the wagon in a LONG, LONG time. Students only claimed 5,000 of 12,500 tickets and their section (way too large) is facing the cameras so it's going to be ugly. And I figure the rest of the general public will be gone by half time. Dismal season in Morgantown.

Oklahoma 55 WVU 17

Iowa State @ Kansas +5

The Jayhawks have shown some signs of life despite their 1-9 record & 0-9 in the league. Texas needed a last minute drive to overcome Kansas & last week Texas Tech was sweating it out in overtime against Rock Chalk. I think Kansas will make it interesting for a while, but Iowa State pulls away in the end & covers. Kansas' lone win will come in Morgantown at the end of the season.

Iowa State 28 Kansas 17

Kansas State @ Baylor +12

I don't see this one being close, although the pressure is going to feel heavy for the Wildcats in their last couple of games. This is about the time of the season where crazy stuff starts happening to national title contenders. However, I'll be surprised if it is in this game. I look for KSU to cover.

Kansas State 44 Baylor 21

This post was edited on 11/16 3:57 PM by amath13

I don't have a clue what will happen in the TT/OSU game, as both have had up-and-down swings. However, it's fair to say the Cowboys look more solid at the moment & I'd bet on them to win if I had to although covering is no sure thing.

Oklahoma is the lock of the year, no discussion necessary.

You have to like the other 2 home underdogs plus the points, I think. Whether Kansas & Baylor cover or win outright is too tough to call. I wouldn't be totally surprised with almost any outcome in either game.

I think we'll beat Tech today. I have a feeling we'll beat them by a LOT, but that's just a hunch. I try not to play off my gut, but we should cover that spread by a field goal or so even if my hunch is wrong. Lots of distractions in Lubbock this week, and they're dealing with injuries and haven't found the answers there yet as well as OSU has.

Hard to pick against Oklahoma this week. We'll see how focused they are. I expect West Virginia will play well trying to salvage the season, I think they can control OU's ground game and Landry has struggled on the road in his career. Still think OU covers, but I don't really trust them on the road when they're only playing for second place.

I think Iowa State and Kansas could be close. Both teams should be hungry. I like the Cyclones defense and experience to pull it out though, even though it's a good matchup for Kansas' defense. Jayhawks cover.

I think Baylor has the offense to hurt Kansas State. They've got the wrong defense though... Baylor scores about 35 in this one, but loses by 20.

Originally posted by TheRedSon:
Like I said, always listen to your gut...
My 'gut' was way off. I was 1-3 ATS (although I was 3-1 straight up). The biggest shocker was the Baylor/KSU game. KSU must have really tanked it in practice during the week leading up to that game. I guess KSU proved all the experts right that they really weren't all that talented, they were just not making any mistakes. When they finally did have a mistake filled game it caught up to them. The WVU/Oklahoma game surprised me as well. I didn't think we had any shot of winning that one. Thanks to Tyler Bitancurt's shanked extra point, he made sure we didn't win though. AAAAHHHH!! Stupid Kickers!!! OSU looked really good on Saturday. I think you guys can knock off the Sooners in the 'Bedlam' game. I wasn't real impressed with their defense. They have some talent, but their run defense is really soft. Randle should have a big game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT