ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Football!

Humptod

All-American
May 29, 2001
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚
IF B12 football is that bad and IF WVU is , as you say, the worst in the B12, then what does THAT say about marshla's 0-12 record against WVU?.......you see Humpy sometimes it's better to just think it and chuckle to yourself rather than say something out loud that you know will embarrass you

IF B12 football is that bad and IF WVU is , as you say, the worst in the B12, then what does THAT say about marshla's 0-12 record against WVU?.......you see Humpy sometimes it's better to just think it and chuckle to yourself rather than say something out loud that you know will embarrass you
You have a vivid imagination! I'm proud of the way TCU represented last night! Big 12 football, baby!

I think most can agree that the SEC is the top conference in college football, top to bottom. Where I take issue, is listening to some talking heads stating that no other top teams in other conferences can compete with the top teams within the SEC. Even Trump hating Joe Scarborough mocked the B1G this morning. My question to all of this is simply, did nobody watch the game between Ohio State and Georgia? Ohio State had the game won, and probably would have won, had it not been to an injury to MH Jr. They lost the game on a last second shanked field goal, but yet, people are saying Georgia cannot be beaten by other non-SEC teams?

The game is all about matchups, coaching, and mentality of the teams.

Let's look at the three CFP games. Ohio State didn't fear Georgia. They came out and took it to them, and continued to take it to them for 60 minutes. TCU, though probably not as good as Michigan, had the mentality that they could beat Michigan, and showed it when they trotted onto the field. Fast forward to last night's game, and you could tell within the opening seconds that TCU was playing scared, and you knew that game was over within the first couple minutes of play. Michigan, on the other hand, is a team built to beat Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State. I don't believe Michigan would have fared well at all against Georgia. In fact, it would have probably been a game similar to the one they played a year ago. Ohio State is a team built to contend against Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, and Oklahoma, at least so on a talent level, as well as a style of play level.

All told, going to a 12 team playoff will hopefully change the makeup of college football, and avoid the blowouts in the title games.

UGA is that good. It's just TCU is not really that good. They hit the perfect storm. Weak Big 12 season and 5 wins in the 4th quarter final minutes. A host of 2 lost teams behind them. And a Michigan team that did not respect their competitor. If Michigan had shown the respect to TCU then the frogs would have gotten that ass whipping in the first game.

Reactions: Humptod
Kidding aside I don't think Big 12 football is all that bad....just that UGA is that good!
Really? This juggernaut led an Ohio State team missing its best returning wide receiver in Jaxson Smith-Ngiba and best running back in Treveon Henderson (not to mention its excellent tight end and best receiver in 2022 injured during the game) for a grand total of 109 seconds.

Last edited:
Really? This juggernaut led an Ohio State team missing its best returning wide receiver in Jaxson Smith-Ngiba and best running back in Treveon Henderson (not to mention its excellent tight end and best receiver in 2022 injured during the game) by a grand total of 109 seconds.
Yeah, I think UGA is really good but I think OSU is really good as well! Not sure what happened in Columbus in the 2nd half of the Michigan game, I tend to think it was inexplicable as I think OSU is better than Michigan. But just my thoughts!

Yeah, I think UGA is really good but I think OSU is really good as well! Not sure what happened in Columbus in the 2nd half of the Michigan game, I tend to think it was inexplicable as I think OSU is better than Michigan. But just my thoughts!
M-Herd has a good post above about what Michigan has done. Harbaugh built his team to beat Ohio State, as this had been his only clear path to conference championships and CFP invitations. Jim Tressell focused on beating Michigan and winning the B1G, but was usually outclassed by the SEC powers. Urban Meyer knew what it took to win everything and did so. The Jury is still out on Ryan Day, who has an excellent offensive mind, but isn't the World's best game manager or recruiter of defensive talent. The biggest drop-off since Meyer left is in the secondary, as Ohio State used to have one defensive back after another selected in the First Round of the NFL Draft, but hasn't had one drafted highly during the Day era.

Last edited:
That was an NFL team beating up the West Virginia Rockets. Both get โ€œpaid to playโ€, but at very different levels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT