ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 12 expanding out west?

If the Ducks & Huskies bolt then the B12 must merge with (what is left)
of the P(8). There IS strength in numbers.
If the B10 & $EC continue to expand then we will be right up there with them in numbers. I don't see enough value in any of the B(20) teams to be poached by the B10 or the $EC.

Last edited:
Excerpt from another article on this western expansion:

“Both the Pac-12 and Big 12 elected to accelerate discussions with ESPN and Fox about their media rights agreements, which are set to expire in 2024 and 2025, respectively. The Big 12's formal, exclusive negotiating window with both media partners wasn't set to begin until February 2024.

Yormark said Wednesday that he had "great meetings" with ESPN last week and will meet next week with Fox, adding that he senses both want to begin negotiations soon.”

You didn't let the process play out for BYU in regards to racism or lack of it
Actually everyone let it play out except you wanna be Nazis. A racist or racists attacked a volleyball player at a match in Provo and BYU did nothing to stop it or address it at the time, then made spineless speeches to cover later, without taking any real action. You right wing nut job racists are the only ones that haven’t let it play out- instead, rushing to spin an alternate reality of what happened To try to stop anyone from doing anything about it.

The AAC didn’t address it and neither did the BIg 12 and now as usual you “ alternate fact“ types are ignoring and creating a fantasy of what happened, much like you are working night and day to cover for Trumps treason against America.

Do you understand why you get attacked constantly on this site?

It's for posts like this. Instead of being a man and owning up to your mistake you double down on it, in a post that has nothing whatsoever to do with it, in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with it, because you're too big a coward to come back to your original thread on this topic when you're proven wrong.

You try so desperately to be an "expert" on expansion. You open multiple threads and post in multiple threads about it constantly. You take opinion posts made by sports writers as fact if they agree with your sentiments but poo-poo on those that don't.

Unfortunately for you, few on here take you seriously. If you want to be taken seriously, stop posting emotional rants about things you know nothing about. Just some advice for you - heed it or don't.

Typical waste of space and troll derailing.

Actually quite interesting that Yormark decided to make a statement about expansion. He may be talking about Arizona— tradition of basketball-major brand there and a known entity in regards to football too Even though they haven’t fared as well in that sport. Hard to say. Could also mean San Diego state possibly. Good basketball and football is good at times. His discussion makes it seem as though a PAC 12 program would be the pic though.

Very interesting that nothing has been said for awhile Re: PAC negotiations, while the BIg 12 discussions seem to going well with ESPN and hopefully Fox next week. Fox already commented that they look forward to continuing the partnership with the BIg 12 so things appear fine so far.

Typical waste of space and troll derailing.

Actually quite interesting that Yormark decided to make a statement about expansion. He may be talking about Arizona— tradition of basketball-major brand there and a known entity in regards to football too Even though they haven’t fared as well in that sport. Hard to say. Could also mean San Diego state possibly. Good basketball and football is good at times. His discussion makes it seem as though a PAC 12 program would be the pic though.

Very interesting that nothing has been said for awhile Re: PAC negotiations, while the BIg 12 discussions seem to going well with ESPN and hopefully Fox next week. Fox already commented that they look forward to continuing the partnership with the BIg 12 so things appear fine so far.
Bucked Up sounds like the loser press secretary for stumbling, fumbling, low IQ Joe...let's say something obvious to deflect from our anti American rhetoric.

What's wrong with this country isn't people like me discussing things that happened in reality and finding solutions to stopping them from happening again, it's the nutjobs like some on this board trying to pretend what happened didn't happen so they and their ilk don't have to suffer any consequences.

That said, back to the point of the thread.

Here's a quote from Yormark on his visit to Cincinnati as part of his tour of BIG 12 schools:

“Well, I don’t want to get into the specifics, and I appreciate the question," Yormark said about expanding the conference. "But obviously going out west is where I would like to go, entering that fourth-time zone. A program that has national recognition. One that competes at the highest level in basketball and football, stands for the right things, is a good cultural fit. Because our alignment right now and the like-mindedness of all of our member institutions is fantastic. It’s never been better. So I don’t want to compromise that, and that’s critically important that there is the right cultural fit when you think about coming in and being part of what we’re building here.”

Once the BIG 12 adds out west, it will be interesting to see if they move towards divisions of east/west, or if the conference goes divisionless. East-West and West - East travel has to be taken into account.

On tv rights:

Big 12 television contract negotiations with ESPN, Fox​

The Big 12 announced last month it had opened early negotiations with ESPN and Fox to "explore an accelerated extension of its current agreements."

Yormark said Wednesday those talks are going well.

"That process has started," he said. "We met with ESPN last week. Had great meetings with them. I think we're very aligned and like-minded in where we want to go in the future. I'll be meeting with Fox in the next week to kind of gauge their interest. Obviously, these are conversations to explore is it in everyone's interest to go early, to gain clarity. My gut tells me that both Fox and ESPN would like to do that, but I'll know for sure once I meet with Fox in the next week."

The conversations come more than a year and a half before the Big 12's current television contract calls for a formal, exclusive negotiating window with both ESPN and Fox. The Big 12's current deal runs through the 2024 football season. The early talks could allow the Big 12 to get a tangible idea of what future revenue figures will be for its current members, future members and any potential additional members.

f the Big 12 is unable to strike a deal for an extension with ESPN and Fox during the early negotiation window, the conference and media partners will fall back to the current agreement, which states there will be an exclusive window in February 2024. Yormark said the Big 12 would not become a media rights "free agent."

"In theory, I want partners that help us glamourize, market and promote the Big 12 and all our member institutions," Yormark said. "That's a big part of that partnership for me moving forward, in addition to all the other things that we benefit from. But I want great marketing partners that want to help build our business, and I don't think there's any better than ESPN and Fox to do that. So I'm anxious to be see where we can take the future with both of them."

Yormark said the early negotiations are not connected to Texas and Oklahoma being in active discussions with the Big 12 to bolt the conference early for the Southeastern Conference.

Its interesting to find out that in fact Texas and OU are not involved in discussions to exit the BIG 12 early and that has nothing to do with the talks going on between Yormark and ESPN and FOX. Several had speculated that was part of what is happening--but it looks like the discussions have more to do with valuing the BIG 12 going forward with its major partners, possible expansion of the conference as well as determing if they'll go into actual negotiations early.

Would assume since UT and OU leaving isn't what is under consideration that a new contract would still start after the current one ends in 2025, otherwise UT and OU departing would have to be a part of the discussion as massive buyouts would be necessary.

The AAC didn’t address it and neither did the BIg 12 and now as usual you “ alternate fact“ types are ignoring and creating a fantasy of what happened, much like you are working night and day to cover for Trumps treason against America.
Is BYU or Duke in the Big 12 or AAC? I didn’t think so. Then why would (at least the Big 12) comment on something they have no control over?

Please note that there is no political references. Just answer without the politics as to why you think the conference should comment on this?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Here are Four things that could happen
1. The Big 12 takes teams from the PAC
2. The PACtakes teams from the Big 12
3. The PAC and Big 12 takes teams from the MWC
4. The AAC gets raided

Now 1 and 2 have a ton of options but lets look at #3
The PAC will for sure go after these schools
UNLV, San Diego State, Fresnso State, Boise State. Now after that who knows I could see Hawaii, San Jose State, perhaps New Mexico.
The Big 12 will more than likely go after
Air Force, Colorado St, Utah St, Nevada. The School Left out will probably be Wyoming

If both conferences go to 20 then Wyoming UTEP and New Mexico St will come into play with Sam Houston St

Now the AAC has so many options for the Big 12 especially if they want to come East(Memphis,ECU, USF, UNCC, Temple, Navy, UAB) and for the PAC you would look at SMU, Tulsa, North Texas, Rice)Which gets the PAC into the central time zone

Now the schools mentioned for the Big 12 fits in the conference and would add new markets

Last edited:
Air Force, Colorado St, Utah St, Nevada. The School Left out will probably be Wyoming
Were you trying to top my remark about adding New Mexico State, or are you actually being serious? If serious, then that's just dumb.

Last edited:
Big 10 takes Oregon and Washington.

The 8 left overs move in with Big 12 making it a 20 team conferences.

New Conference Name will be The BIG PA Conference (BPC)

Tell us something we didn't already know.
right! the pattern of her multiple names is simply repost something from a sports site and consequently agitate an argument on a splintered topic to project as if she is informed. the cry-baby tactic of name-calling shows she didn't learn much during cashier orientation at the Little General store on Chestnut Ridge Rd.

she do'th protest much about nothing.

Is BYU or Duke in the Big 12 or AAC? I didn’t think so. Then why would (at least the Big 12) comment on something they have no control over?

Please note that there is no political references. Just answer without the politics as to why you think the conference should comment on this?
First- meant ACC, not AAC—typo.

ACC would comment because their athletes were the focus of racial attacks.

BIg 12 would comment because they’ve invited BYU and must make it clear their athletes, schools and fans will not tolerate such behavior.

Understand it's very close to done deal
One would think that if the commissioner comes out publicly like that then something is being worked on. It could be telling that the PAC has not announced anything about a tv deal so far.

Kind of laughable some in the PAC camp are trying to disparage BIG 12 schools while at the same time pretending ie SDSU or Fresno etc would be ok.

Here are Four things that could happen
1. The Big 12 takes teams from the PAC
2. The PACtakes teams from the Big 12
3. The PAC and Big 12 takes teams from the MWC
4. The AAC gets raided

Now 1 and 2 have a ton of options but lets look at #3
The PAC will for sure go after these schools
UNLV, San Diego State, Fresnso State, Boise State. Now after that who knows I could see Hawaii, San Jose State, perhaps New Mexico.

If both conferences go to 20 then Wyoming UTEP and New Mexico St will come into play with Sam Houston St

Now the AAC has so many options for the Big 12 especially if they want to come East(Memphis,ECU, USF, UNCC, Temple, Navy, UAB) and for the PAC you would look at SMU, Tulsa, North Texas, Rice)Which gets the PAC into the central time zone

Now the schools mentioned for the Big 12 fits in the conference and would add new markets
Disagree strongly.

Heres what realistically can happen.

Pac schools sign a very short deal, remain at 10 until more leave for the Big Ten and/or BIG 12.

pac schools reject special demands of Oregon, Washington and join the more lucrative And successful BIG 12. Then others move as they can.

If PAC schools have their noses in the air for BIg 12 schools then the MWC is a no go for them assuredly.

But the B10 isn’t inviting all of them and the ones not going will have more options for success in the BIG 12.

First- meant ACC, not AAC—typo.

ACC would comment because their athletes were the focus of racial attacks.

BIg 12 would comment because they’ve invited BYU and must make it clear their athletes, schools and fans will not tolerate such behavior.
Have you contacted Big 12 comissioner yet to tell him to boot BYU from BIG 12?

You're the one in the know, correct. The one with the power.

You know what’s really sad and disgusting? All these racist trolls— not ONE cares that a young woman was attacked verbally and threatened to the point an officer had to be stationed next to her bench—but they will go to hell and back to defend the racist(s) who attacked this young woman.

what kind of sick mindset is that?

Last edited:
You know what’s really sad and disgusting? All these racist trolls— not ONE cares that a young woman was attacked verbally and threatened to the point an officer had to be stationed next to her bench—but they will go to hell and back to defend the racist(s) who attacked this young woman.

what kind of sick mindset is that?
F you loony toon. Progressive pussy.

Disagree strongly.

Heres what realistically can happen.

Pac schools sign a very short deal, remain at 10 until more leave for the Big Ten and/or BIG 12.

pac schools reject special demands of Oregon, Washington and join the more lucrative And successful BIG 12. Then others move as they can.

If PAC schools have their noses in the air for BIg 12 schools then the MWC is a no go for them assuredly.

But the B10 isn’t inviting all of them and the ones not going will have more options for success in the BIG 12.
No.

That is not part of the plan.
Why intentionally bring on dead weight? What does Oregon St, Stanford, Cal and Washington St bring to Fox, ESPN, etc?

Why have I been right about everything so far?
I'm thinking chess.

To see what I see, you need to abandon how most folks are looking at this. This is a business venture where the major networks, the SEC/Big10 and Big 12 are forming a brand new football league where men's basketball will be tolerated and everything else can pound sand.

When you embrace that fact then the rest is easy. Designate who makes the cut and peel off as much dead weight as can can be done legally. No middle man. Not only the NCAA but perhaps even most of the bureaucracy of the conferences themselves.

My guess? The non-profit making sports stay right where they are in some quasi NCAA conference simply to house these teams. Remember Title IX is an NCAA rule. Pull football and basketball from the NCAA and then watch women's sports get slashed left and right which will save millions of dollars in scholarships, travel, etc.

I'll guess that shit hits the fan in the early 2030's.

ADVERTISEMENT