AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Cactus Bowl
Heart of Dallas Bowl

1. Big 12 title game winner.
2. Big 12 title game loser.
3. WVU or Iowa State.
4. WVU or Iowa State.

Looks like Cactus and Heart of Dallas are not for WVU.
Maybe Liberty Bowl against North Carolina State?

You forgot the Sugar Bowl.

Sugar Bowl is Big XII Champ or Highest rated Big XII team in Final CFP poll

WV has an outside chance at the Sugar Bowl

If
OU is in the CFP and WV is ranked higher than Texas next Sunday in the final CFP ratings.

Or if Texas wins.
Texas goes to the Sugar and then Oklahoma goes to either the Peach or Fiesta.

Both of those bowls are at large bids.
Think the Fiesta has to take the highest rated Group of 5 team though.

Teams finish does not mean a bowl has to pick them by order. The bowl themselves pick in an order.

Sugar Bowl doesn't have to pick a Big 12 team. If OU is in Playoffs means Texas lost and will be 9-4. Sugar will choose UCF if that happens.

Texas win only makes them 10-3. Not good enough for Sugar.

Teams finish does not mean a bowl has to pick them by order. The bowl themselves pick in an order.

Sugar Bowl doesn't have to pick a Big 12 team. If OU is in Playoffs means Texas lost and will be 9-4. Sugar will choose UCF if that happens.

Texas win only makes them 10-3. Not good enough for Sugar.

You have no idea what you are talking about

The Big XII is guaranteed a spot in the Big XII when the Sugar Bowl doesn't host a semifinal

The bowls and TV will pick who will give them the most pizzazz within the conference bowl selection rules. If Bowl A wants team C it will get team C.

The bowls and TV will pick who will give them the most pizzazz within the conference bowl selection rules. If Bowl A wants team C it will get team C.

The Sugar Bowl will be rewarded to the highest Big XII team in the Final CFP ratings if OU plays in the CFP.

WV has the advantage because it beat Texas and was ranked above Texas last week.
If Texas loses to OU and OU is in the CFP it is reasonable enough to believe WV will get the Sugar Bowl invite.

The Sugar Bowl will be rewarded to the highest Big XII team in the Final CFP ratings if OU plays in the CFP.

WV has the advantage because it beat Texas and was ranked above Texas last week.
If Texas loses to OU and OU is in the CFP it is reasonable enough to believe WV will get the Sugar Bowl invite.
Outside chance, but possible. I hear what you're saying, but it is more possible that Texas jumps WVU in the CFP rankings THIS week and NEXT week, even with a loss to OU.

Then it does come down to who travels better.

I hate to say it but no one travels better than Upper Midwest schools.
Iowa St fans are like Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

They will travel.

At the end of the day Iowa St is looking forward to playing in the Alamo Bowl while WV fans for the most part think the bowl is beneath them.

This is what the Alamo Bowl committee said about ISU

There was a lot of enthusiasm when I walked around the tailgates,” he told me while watching the Baylor game in Ames. “When we had Iowa when we were affiliated with the Big Ten, those fans traveled.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/2100879002

I ain't heared one Mountaineer fan say that the Alamo Bowl is beneath them. Not one! How bout them y'ears! Warez

You have no idea what you are talking about

The Big XII is guaranteed a spot in the Big XII when the Sugar Bowl doesn't host a semifinal

EVEN though that team could theoretically be 6-7? Seems a little extreme to me. Carry on.

I ain't heared one Mountaineer fan say that the Alamo Bowl is beneath them. Not one! How bout them y'ears! Warez

He likes to make crap up just to get attention. The troll TVZpride304 says it to make himself feel important.

If this season proved on thing it is that Oklahoma, WVU and Texas are about as neck-and-neck as you can get. If they played the games among them again it could turn out differently. But it only counts what shows on the scoreboard. I consider those 3 the cream of the crop in the Big 12 this season.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
EVEN though that team could theoretically be 6-7? Seems a little extreme to me. Carry on.

It doesn't matter.

The SEC and Big XII made an agreement about 5 years ago.

Years when the CFP is not at the Sugar Bowl you have a guaranteed Big XII vs SEC matchup no matter the record

If this season proved on thing it is that Oklahoma, WVU and Texas are about as neck-and-neck as you can get. If they played the games among them again it could turn out differently. But it only counts what shows on the scoreboard. I consider those 3 the cream of the crop in the Big 12 this season.

You truly believe this? Then I guess you also believe that DH led Mountaineers underachieved by a bunch?

Someone on here mentioned WG maybe not playing in bowl. If that were to happen, I would lose all respect for him.
New rule should be: if you take yourself out of a bowl game, you lose your scholarship for the year. It’s gonna become epidemic if schools do not take some punitive measures IMO

ADVERTISEMENT