ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Baseball didn't get it done

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
RPI #1 conference in the NCAA, gets only 1 team in a super regional. There were 6 SEC schools and 3 ACC schools that made it. Just like in basketball, the regular season is great, but championship run not so much.

^^^ Post of the year. The RPI is an absolute joke. Give credit to WVU's baseball and basketball coaches, who have figured out how to manipulate the extremely flawed RPI.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Huggins and Mazey have been outstanding in tough territory. Dana's 10-3 cannot be discounted, but Bob and Mazey have been more consistent in their coaching strategies. If Dana continues the 2016 performance then we'll all be more comfortable about him running the show. WVU is not an easy place to succeed in football, which is what made Rich's run so astounding.

^^^ Post of the year. The RPI is an absolute joke. Give credit to WVU's baseball and basketball coaches, who have figured out how to manipulate the extremely flawed RPI.
So all the other coaches are too stupid to manipulate the RPI? Why don't you just credit the baseball team for a great year...or just go back to the OSU board.

Ohio State figured how to suck donkey dick like few others ever so congrats for that mailroom boy.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So all the other coaches are too stupid to manipulate the RPI? Why don't you just credit the baseball team for a great year...or just go back to the OSU board.
I guess that you missed Mazey's admission that he plans to continue to manipulate the RPI, as long as it remains an important factor in the NCAA at-large bid selection process. He said that he plans to schedule the first 15-16 games on the road vs. mid-majors that are expected not to have bad RPIs. This is smart, if you coach a program that has such a difficult time making it to the Tournament, but many other programs aren't so desperate. Sorry that this hurts your feelings, and that the bar is set so low that a fourth-place finish and 14-14 conference record is a "great" year in your world.

I guess that you missed Mazey's admission that he plans to continue to manipulate the RPI, as long as it remains an important factor in the NCAA at-large bid selection process. He said that he plans to schedule the first 15-16 games on the road vs. mid-majors that are expected not to have bad RPIs. This is smart, if you coach a program that has such a difficult time making it to the Tournament, but many other programs aren't so desperate. Sorry that this hurts your feelings, and that the bar is set so low that a fourth-place finish and 14-14 conference record is a "great" year in your world.

Great year compared to Ohio State. Of course you knew that. Talk about a low bar.

Great year compared to Ohio State. Of course you knew that. Talk about a low bar.
It's probably not smart to compare WVU to Ohio State. Sure, they had a down year this past season in both hoops and baseball, but their resume over the past decade makes them out to be a Corporate CEO compared to yours, which would be on the scale of an assembly line worker.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
One thing I don't understand. Why is someone from an Ohio State University (aOSU) posting here? I never go to the Ohio State board as my level of interest in Bobcat sports has never reached the level of indifference.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Trolls gotta troll or they die. And they thrive on reactions to their trolls. It makes it easier to go back to their job where they say, "You want fries with that?" God, football season is TOO far away!

Don't ever say I throw ya a softball!!!

tenor.gif

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
One thing I don't understand. Why is someone from an Ohio State University (aOSU) posting here? I never go to the Ohio State board as my level of interest in Bobcat sports has never reached the level of indifference.
Is this the best that you have? I'm flattered that you know half of my college resume, but disappointed that desperation compels you to avoid the other half. I've lived in West Virginia for 27 years, to answer your disingenuous question.

Of course, I also knew that Ohio State's baseball team won its conference just a season ago, and has appeared in the NCAA Tournament nine times as often as WVU in the past 20 years, so there's that. I can't imagine pounding my chest over a fourth place finish or .500 conference record, but my standards might be too high.

You still ignored my post if its so easy to manipulate the RPI then why doesn't every coach do it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT