ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 5-2 in bowls. A welcome change.

Conference pride in Bowl games is goofy. No one cares enough to go to these games. Match ups are slotted. To much time off after season ends. To many players miss these games. Coaches are coming and going. Head to head in hoops and the NCAAs make Conference comparisons in hoops ok but in football way to much going on for a true comparisons.

Conference pride in Bowl games is goofy. No one cares enough to go to these games. Match ups are slotted. To much time off after season ends. To many players miss these games. Head to head in hoops and the NCAAs make Conference comparisons in hoops ok but in football way to much going on for a true comparisons.
and the Pac 12 is 1-7...

Conference pride in Bowl games is goofy. No one cares enough to go to these games. Match ups are slotted. To much time off after season ends. To many players miss these games. Coaches are coming and going. Head to head in hoops and the NCAAs make Conference comparisons in hoops ok but in football way to much going on for a true comparisons.
Since they piled on the Big 12 for its poor bowl record last season, I thought turnabout was fair play. But that's just the way my happy mind works.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Since they piled on the Big 12 for its poor bowl record last season, I thought turnabout was fair play. But that's just the way my happy mind works.
I don't give a rats ass about the Big 12 bowl record or the league itself..It's better than being left out of the power five, but not much more. There couldn't have been more than 15,000 fans at that jacked up bowl game(don't give me some bullshit about the weather)..I've seen more people at a high school playoff game..WVU fans have always packed bowl games; we're known for that..not anymore. This game of football is supposed to be about the players, fans, and alumni...it's about money now..screw all of us

CFE....don’t let these punks intimidate you.

A good Big 12 is obviously a good thing for WVU.

Why would you not want the Big XII to do well in bowls?

Having the league be stronger than weaker is only going to help WVU in the long run.

You actually want WVU playing in the weakest P5 conference?

Reactions: LHANDSDC

Having the league be stronger than weaker is only going to help WVU in the long run.

Agreed, you want the conference as strong as possible. Stability and recognition will only improve recruiting and cash flow.

CFE....don’t let these punks intimidate you.

A good Big 12 is obviously a good thing for WVU.

So is an extended GOR agreement you moron. Get your head out of your......
An extended GOR and a true partnership is what will make things good for WVUs future. You’re so irrelevantly arrogant it’s comical.

So is an extended GOR agreement you moron. Get your head out of your......
An extended GOR and a true partnership is what will make things good for WVUs future. You’re so irrelevantly arrogant it’s comical.

K. ..as if I even made a comment about the GOR.

Your insight is so wonderfully moronic because it doesn’t even need other posters to point out the reasons why....

• K. ..as if I even made a comment about the GOR.

Your insight is so wonderfully moronic because it doesn’t even need other posters to point out the reasons why....

Extended GOR and not having Texas/Oklahoma holding Big12 hostage equals strong Big12. Nothing else makes Big12 stronger. You are one of the leaders of the moron pack here. So my point stands and you are truly a moron.

• Extended GOR and not having Texas/Oklahoma holding Big12 hostage equals strong Big12. Nothing else makes Big12 stronger. You are one of the leaders of the moron pack here. So my point stands and you are truly a moron.

...all that.. ...and again, I didn’t comment one way or the other about GOR....

A good bowl record can help with perception of the top 4 teams selected for the playoffs. Hoping this years SEC slide will keep that conference from getting 2 teams in going forward. Okla can help this by getting a W vs Ga. not sure what the conferences make from the playoffs but it has to be a fair chunk of change.

I don't think that's the argument some of the other posters are making. What you say is true, but I think other posters are reacting more to the chest-thumping of fans, especially those who had little to do with the results. For example, Rutgers fans are taunting Syracuse fans right now about the Big Ten being undefeated. Well, it's kind of silly for a couple of 4-8 teams to be bragging to one another about what other teams accomplished. From a financial perspective, it's a good thing. From a "bragging rights" perspective, it's dumb.

Leave it to Pollyanna Cuyahoga to miss the point of his own posting lol. Yes Big 12-2=10 is 5-2 with one to go. The two losses...Texas Tech by 4 and the WVU no show game in Dallas. The one blowout loss...WVU in the who cares game in Dallas. Now since that is fact...why in the world would a Mountaineer fan be happy that the rest of the conference did well (at least competitive) in bowl games and once again a DH led team looked embarrassingly unprepared and unmotivated? Really? I wouldn't care if the league was 2-5 and WVU had dominated someone in one of the major bowls. But this chest thumping over someone else's accomplishments...head scratching.

Leave it to Pollyanna Cuyahoga to miss the point of his own posting lol. Yes Big 12-2=10 is 5-2 with one to go. The two losses...Texas Tech by 4 and the WVU no show game in Dallas. The one blowout loss...WVU in the who cares game in Dallas. Now since that is fact...why in the world would a Mountaineer fan be happy that the rest of the conference did well (at least competitive) in bowl games and once again a DH led team looked embarrassingly unprepared and unmotivated? Really? I wouldn't care if the league was 2-5 and WVU had dominated someone in one of the major bowls. But this chest thumping over someone else's accomplishments...head scratching.
I consider Pollyanna a compliment. Yes, it's better for WVU to win than for Big 12 teams to win. But every Big 12 OOC victory means more when WVU beats that Big 12 team. It's so simple even a caveman can understand it.

Cuyahoga...once again you have missed the point of your own posting...first the Mountaineers must win their own key OOC games (not Liberty etc lol). How did that go this year? Support the Mountaineers instead of the clown HC for a change lolx2.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
I don't think that's the argument some of the other posters are making. What you say is true, but I think other posters are reacting more to the chest-thumping of fans, especially those who had little to do with the results. For example, Rutgers fans are taunting Syracuse fans right now about the Big Ten being undefeated. Well, it's kind of silly for a couple of 4-8 teams to be bragging to one another about what other teams accomplished. From a financial perspective, it's a good thing. From a "bragging rights" perspective, it's dumb.

Finally. A live brain cell appears. Of course we want WVU in a strong BXII. It's the conference chest thumping that's puzzling.

If you are not pulling for your conference to win bowl games and to do well in in Non Conference games - then you truly do not understand the value of a conference. And I blame that on the fact the WVU has never been in a conference long enough to have a true identity within a conference.
I never pulled for Pitt and I never will..that said, the most exciting game we had (IMO) the entire year was the opener against the Hokies..the place was simply electric. I guess my personal problem is that I didn't like Pitt or Va Tech at all; and there's no one in this conference that gives me an emotional attachment..but I am starting to dislike TCU.

Last edited:
I never pulled for Pitt and I never will..that said, the most exciting game we had (IMO) the entire year was the opener against the Hokies..the place was simply electric. I guess my personal problem is that I didn't like Pitt or Va Tech at all; and there's no one in this conference that gives me an emotional attachment..but I am starting to dislike TCU.
I really dislike Oklahoma and Texas.

...all that.. ...and again, I didn’t comment one way or the other about GOR....

Talking Big12 anything without talking GOR makes you annoying. You just don’t know much but clutter up threads. That’s all honey! It’s all good.

There’s nothing about these minor Bowls that makes the Big12 stronger. Not one thing. Wanting the Big12 to do well is fine of course but only homers think they matter. Newsflash: the PAC is by far the weakest. So get past your conference insecurities and realize that the only thing that will make the Big12 stronger is an extended GOR and Texas/Oklahoma not dicking over the rest of the Big12.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Let me counter with this. Do you really think the Pac-12 is loving all this attention going 1-7?

The Big XII has had a perception problem the 3-4 years as being the weakest of the P5. Stronger and weaker may not have been the correct terminology, but the conference certainly looks better at 5-2 than 1-7.

Does it stabilize the league? Of course not.

But people and the media do pay attention to how conferences do during bowl season.

Having a strong bowl season gives the conference a better look to the nation and there is nothing wrong with that.

I consider Pollyanna a compliment. Yes, it's better for WVU to win than for Big 12 teams to win. But every Big 12 OOC victory means more when WVU beats that Big 12 team. It's so simple even a caveman can understand it.
It doesn't mean squat when you get blown out by a 6-6 team from a weak conference. Stop trying to ride someone elses accomplishments

ADVERTISEMENT