ADVERTISEMENT

Betting Odds Released on the Return of College Football

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
https://www.si.com/college/bostoncollege/football/betting-odds-on-college-football-return

A.J. Black

Jul 9, 2020

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FgpSQA-uSYUCr4qDM-16yhg%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D275

As more negative reports come in from around the country, the big question remains, will there be a college season? COVID-19 has already delayed workouts at UNC, Kansas, Ohio State and other schools, while the Ivy League has already cancelled their fall season.

Today, the sports betting world chimed in with odds on a variety of topics. Via betonline.com

Based on what the site is saying it seems 50/50 that the college football season will happen, and not be postponed until 2021. Basically this is just the betting world saying they have no idea what is going to happen. It's an even bet.

On top of that the odds are heavy that a FBS game will be cancelled. We have already seen some FBS/FCS games cancelled, and Northwestern/Wisconsin moved from Wrigley, but guessing based on the wording of this they mean it has to be a postponement between two FBS teams.

Finally, the ACC is third in terms of probability of cancelling first. It makes sense that the Pac 12 is first given commissioner Larry Scott's comments yesterday ""Unless we see a change in the trajectory of the spread of the virus and its impact pretty quickly, I think the situation's a lot more perilous than it was a few weeks ago."

What do you think of the odds, if you were a bettor where would you put your money?

50/50? I use to think this but I'm leaning towards 40/60.

“What do you think of the odds, if you were a bettor where would you put your money?”

For having a football season in 2020

about the same as
ZERO
ZILCH
NADA
AINT HAPPENiING
NO WAY

For those still optimistic Best odds would be about the same but still less than Lloyd Christmas ending up together with Mary Swanson

It's pretty obvious what the odds are. Teams are having problems just being able to do individual to small group workouts. How are they going to get enough players together to practice without new cases continually popping up and getting through each required quarantine? The answer is pretty simple. No practice...no games. All this talk about conference only games is just a distraction from what everyone knows is going to happen. As much as I hate to say it, it's not going to happen this fall or the following spring.

To quote enginEER:
ZERO
ZILCH
NADA
AINT HAPPENiING
NO WAY

Reactions: 1duluth1
Odds are Vegas will take this bet off the board.

Because...

To quote enginEER:
ZERO
ZILCH
NADA
AINT HAPPENiING
NO WAY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT