ADVERTISEMENT

Better than he found it? Bill Stewart left cupboard full, players beat Clemson

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
Did Dana leave the next coach enough talent to beat a top 10 team in a bowl next year? How about enough talent to even qualify for a bowl?

Dana didn’t leave the program in better shape than he found it. Yeah, we are in the Big 12 and have more money but that wasn’t his doing.

I don’t see a Bruce Irvin, a Tavon, a Geno or even a Bailey on this roster.

Don Nehlen left the program better than he found it. Left after guiding us to a bunch of top 25 wins. RRod did the same. BS took a bit of a drop but he had a .750 winning % and barely enough time to build his own program. Sample size was too small.

Dana clearly left town before it got ugly. We were looking at 5-7 next year and he knew it.

Thats fine bring on Neal Brown. This dude, if he can recruit well has a chance to be something special. His resume is damn near perfect. He needs to bring in some recruiters

Reactions: WVUDisciples
Did Dana leave the next coach enough talent to beat a top 10 team in a bowl next year? How about enough talent to even qualify for a bowl?

Dana didn’t leave the program in better shape than he found it. Yeah, we are in the Big 12 and have more money but that wasn’t his doing.

Don Nehlen left the program better than he found it. Left after guiding us to a bunch of top 25 wins. RRod did the same. BS took a bit of a drop but he had a .750 winning % and barely enough time to build his own program. Sample size was too small.

Dana clearly left town before it got ugly. We were looking at 5-7 next year and he knew it.

I do not care what is left in the cupboard, because frankly we have not had much in there for a while any way. Our lines are soft, slow and they have just looked lazy on the field for the last 6 or 7 years. Dana and his staff did not push these guys like previous coaches and it showed.

I too am hoping for Neal Brown and I do not care if we go winless the first year and a losing season the second so long as he puts into place all of the structure needed to build a successful program. So long as I see consistent improvement, smart coaching in game and above average recruiting and development of those players I will be happy. The wins will take care of themselves at that point.

I do not think matters what is in the cupboard right now. We will shed some players and we should, we have guys on the team that should not be there.

I do not care what is left in the cupboard, because frankly we have not had much in there for a while any way. Our lines are soft, slow and they have just looked lazy on the field for the last 6 or 7 years. Dana and his staff did not push these guys like previous coaches and it showed.

I too am hoping for Neal Brown and I do not care if we go winless the first year and a losing season the second so long as he puts into place all of the structure needed to build a successful program. So long as I see consistent improvement, smart coaching in game and above average recruiting and development of those players I will be happy. The wins will take care of themselves at that point.

I do not think matters what is in the cupboard right now. We will shed some players and we should, we have guys on the team that should not be there.

bill didn’t have a full roster and the big east is not the big 12. We had some special skill talent but no depth at all.I hate to be mean about a good man but the program was on the decline when the move was made. And we won the orange bowl Danas first year then fell apart first year in Big 12. Watch Dana win 10 games next year because that conference isn’t what the Big 12 is. This league is tough look at the 6-6 Oklahoma State team beating Missouri our bottom bowl teams have shown up. If we get Neal Brown and maybe he is a QB whisperer and can get Jack Allison full potential. He has the arm and I think the accuracy can get there if they can fix his footwork in the pocket and do what Dana couldn’t...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT