ADVERTISEMENT

Best swing on the PGA Tour ??

I help my buds from time to time.
Modesty... :oops: !!!! The mark of a real "Pro".

giphy.gif

A little flat at the top. Still a great player.
Yep. When he sets his hands. Pretty close to my position at the top too. I think that is why I screwed my game up a few years ago when I tried working on a draw instead of my fade. I've had to work hard to get back to the fade with the driver.

Reactions: Airport
Yep. When he sets his hands. Pretty close to my position at the top too. I think that is why I screwed my game up a few years ago when I tried working on a draw instead of my fade. I've had to work hard to get back to the fade with the driver.
I use to fade everything. Now I only fade it when needed. I probably should do it more.

I use to fade everything. Now I only fade it when needed. I probably should do it more.
Hey Phil...you've seen @Airport off the T haven't 'ya? Dude can do some things with that ball right?

Well 'ya know I've seen him with my own eyes, and I just couldn't believe everything I saw!
giphy.gif

1054.jpg
Had 'ya worried there huh Phil?

I enjoy shaping shots when needed, it is a part of the game, and helps put misses in more easily manageable positions — but nothing feels more pure to me than firing the pill straight down the field towards my target. So my shaping game has always been lackluster

I enjoy shaping shots when needed, it is a part of the game, and helps put misses in more easily manageable positions — but nothing feels more pure to me than firing the pill straight down the field towards my target. So my shaping game has always been lackluster
The ball doesn't curve like it use to. Too little spin. I don't try and curve it much at all.

Reactions: Boomboom521
There is something characteristic about the golf swings and baseball swings of Asian players.
It's a generalization but the golfers always seem to have more of a pause at the top and the baseball players seem to pull off and sweep the bat through the zone.
Before anybody calls me racist, they're just observations I was wondering if anyone else notices.

There is something characteristic about the golf swings and baseball swings of Asian players.
It's a generalization but the golfers always seem to have more of a pause at the top and the baseball players seem to pull off and sweep the bat through the zone.
Before anybody calls me racist, they're just observations I was wondering if anyone else notices.
If you watch Australian golfer, you will see how many approach the shot in the exact same way. I was in the Southern Am way back in 2004. Michael Sim, Aussie and No.1 in the world, won it. I spoke to him on the range and asked where he went to college. He said in Australia, you don't go to school. If you have talent, you go to sport institute. Olgivie, Day, Sim all had the same pre shot routine and all attended the institute. Sim never won on PGA tour but was close till he sustain an injury.

Also, kids mimic the stars they see play. Matsuyama is extremely famous in Asia, kids mimic his swing

If you watch Australian golfer, you will see how many approach the shot in the exact same way. I was in the Southern Am way back in 2004. Michael Sim, Aussie and No.1 in the world, won it. I spoke to him on the range and asked where he went to college. He said in Australia, you don't go to school. If you have talent, you go to sport institute. Olgivie, Day, Sim all had the same pre shot routine and all attended the institute. Sim never won on PGA tour but was close till he sustain an injury.
Nothing has ever been a bigger addition to my game than a pre-shot routine. I watched Corey Pavin speaking when i was young about the importance of having a “swing key” and a “mental key” in your routine. The “swing key” being a 1-3 word phrase you say to yourself over and over during the practice swing (for example: “easy back” if your backswing is too quick), then once you stand behind the ball - visualize the ball flight and pick your target - you make a physical move (for example: I reach my left arm into the air) which is the “mental key” and from that point on through impact, you only think of the target.

It helped my game substantially, both lowering my scores, but also allowing me to recover when having a bad day as well. Really helped reign in my scores consistently. I dont care how you do it, but a preshot routine is critical.

You couldn't afford the "reject pile" in our pre-owned wholesale lot. What year is the jalopy you're rollin' in?

You won't admit it (or you'll lie)

Hey Girls...wanna ride with @COOL MAN in his slick sled?
giphy.gif
LOL. Even the Trumpers on here can afford a Ford. And of course you sell new cars versus used...used car salespeople make more.

LOL. Even the Trumpers on here can afford a Ford. And of course you sell new cars versus used...used car salespeople make more.

I told him I sell new units, not pre-owned. My Average sale is around 47K, some of my F350 Super Dutys sell well above 90K. We sold a Shelby GT500 the other day for 94,500.

Fords certainly aren't the most expensive vehicles on the road, but you won't drive 10 miles without seeing at least a half dozen of 'em on the road. My F-150 is the #1 selling light duty Truck in America and has been for decades!

Second place isn't even close. Sorry to disappoint you, but the consumer market makes the rules and the fact is millions of automotive consumers in the marketplace chose Fords.

You tell 'em all they made a mistake.

Let me guess. You play public?

Nope. Occasionally I get "invited" by one of my rich customers to play a few rounds at a local C.C. or we host V.I.P.s for sales promotions at my dealership owner's C.C. and I embarrass myself trying to at least act like I can play.

I do OK driving off the T, but my approach shots suck. By the time I'm on the green I'm already several strokes off par and just trying not to make a fool of myself.

See the difference between us is I can be honest about how my Golf game sucks. That's why I mock you, because you come off to us like you're such a "Pro" and just spend your idle time on this forum being "bored" instead of where you usually are perfecting your short game right? 😏

@NYC_Eer "perfecting" his short game
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Nothing has ever been a bigger addition to my game than a pre-shot routine. I watched Corey Pavin speaking when i was young about the importance of having a “swing key” and a “mental key” in your routine. The “swing key” being a 1-3 word phrase you say to yourself over and over during the practice swing (for example: “easy back” if your backswing is too quick), then once you stand behind the ball - visualize the ball flight and pick your target - you make a physical move (for example: I reach my left arm into the air) which is the “mental key” and from that point on through impact, you only think of the target.

It helped my game substantially, both lowering my scores, but also allowing me to recover when having a bad day as well. Really helped reign in my scores consistently. I dont care how you do it, but a preshot routine is critical.
One of my best things I did was to listen to a wise old man who told me "don't waste your best swing on a practice swing". So I started that. Not taking a practice swing. Visualize the shot, step up, make swing. Plus, at my age, it's good to save the back on the number of swings in a round.

Nope. Occasionally I get "invited" by one of my rich customers to play a few rounds at a local C.C. or we host V.I.P.s for sales promotions at my dealership owner's C.C. and I embarrass myself trying to at least act like I can play.

I do OK driving off the T, but my approach shots suck. By the time I'm on the green I'm already several strokes off par and just trying not to make a fool of myself.

See the difference between us is I can be honest about how my Golf game sucks. That's why I mock you, because you come off to us like you're such a "Pro" and just spend your idle time on this forum being "bored" instead of where you usually are perfecting your short game right? 😏

@NYC_Eer "perfecting" his short game
giphy.gif
Right. I’m fortunate enough to not have to rely on the generosity of others. I do the inviting.

Last edited:
One of my best things I did was to listen to a wise old man who told me "don't waste your best swing on a practice swing". So I started that. Not taking a practice swing. Visualize the shot, step up, make swing. Plus, at my age, it's good to save the back on the number of swings in a round.
Practice swings help me settle my rhythm if needed, and “feel” the pace for the shot i want. But I get it, a practice swing can jack your head just as bad as anything

Right. I’m fortunate enough to not have to rely on the generosity of others. I do the inviting.
Have you ever invited any "Uncle Toms" to your expensive golf outings or are they all mind numbed Biden voters like YOU?
(and still Black of course) :rolleyes:

iu

Creepy Joe's a flaming racist for saying such a condescending thing to Black voters and @NYC_Eer is a racist because he never invites "Uncle Tom" Blacks to his expensive Golf outings.
giphy.gif

Have you ever invited any "Uncle Toms" to your expensive golf outings or are they all mind numbed Biden voters like YOU?
(and still Black of course) :rolleyes:

iu

Creepy Joe's a flaming racist for saying such a condescending thing to Black voters and @NYC_Eer is a racist because he never invites "Uncle Tom" Blacks to his expensive Golf outings.
giphy.gif
Very relevant. Have fun at the dog tracks you play.

I don't know why you guys have to get into who's got money and who doesn't. I know guys who think they are rich and I know guys who shit more money than the person who thinks they are rich. One of the funniest stories is about a guest at Augusta National and ends up playing with Jackson Stephens president of Augusta nat. Guy keeps bugging Stephens to play for a little money. Stephens says he doesn't do that. Guy kept bugging him, finally Stephens says, "How much are you worth?" The guest says," A couple million." Stephens says, "OK, let's play double or nothing." Stephens was easily worth $350 mill. That shut him up.

• Haha
Reactions: atlkvb
I don't know why you guys have to get into who's got money and who doesn't. I know guys who think they are rich and I know guys who shit more money than the person who thinks they are rich. One of the funniest stories is about a guest at Augusta National and ends up playing with Jackson Stephens president of Augusta nat. Guy keeps bugging Stephens to play for a little money. Stephens says he doesn't do that. Guy kept bugging him, finally Stephens says, "How much are you worth?" The guest says," A couple million." Stephens says, "OK, let's play double or nothing." Stephens was easily worth $350 mill. That shut him up.
He's like a pimple on my ass. Fact is he's the one who started it by calling me a disparaging name because of my race and because I don't mindlessly vote Democrat like he does! The fact I'm invited to Country Clubs by my White colleagues does not excuse the fact he's never invited any Black Republicans to his racist lily White Country club to watch him perfect his lousy approach shots. 🤣

@NYC_Eer just giving up!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Very relevant. Have fun at the dog tracks you play.
So I accuse you of being a "racist" for calling me an "Uncle Tom" and you respond by suggesting I go to dog tracks to watch races? 😨

Yup....
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT