ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Bender to transfer

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Bender to Transfer

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (April 9, 2018) – West Virginia University basketball coach Bob Huggins announced today that sophomore forward Maciej Bender has asked for his release and plans to transfer.

Bender, a native of Warsaw, Poland, played in 35 games in 2017-18, averaging 1.2 points and 1.9 rebounds per game.

“We have enjoyed Magic and his contributions to Mountaineer basketball,” Huggins said. “We wish him the best in his future endeavors.”

Best of luck to Bender. With two more bigs coming in this year, his minutes would probably have gone down. Hopefully, he’ll get more court time with another team and get a chance to develop.

This move should serve the needs of both parties. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Bender realized he wouldn’t see the floor with Culver coming, Routt clearly beating him out along with Wes Harris and Esa playing some 4 as well. With Sags coming back there is no minutes left.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Bender realized he wouldn’t see the floor with Culver coming, Routt clearly beating him out along with Wes Harris and Esa playing some 4 as well. With Sags coming back there is no minutes left.
I was TRULY "concerned" about that the possibility of Sags going pro....
Whew...GOOD TO HEAR!!

I liked Bender but it was apparent we were not a good fit. I hope he transfers to D2 and does not have to sit out. Mazz could use him and Hunter both.

Seems like it wasn't that long ago, that Keatons predicted Bender to be a four year starter at WVU.

Routt is not much better than Bender other than being a big body that opponents have a hard time moving out of the way. If he could give 5 to 8 minutes he would help a bunch,

ADVERTISEMENT