ADVERTISEMENT

Beilein > Huggins

If Beilein would have stayed at WVU, we would have been to at least 2-3 Final Fours by now. Beilein showed how great of a coach he was by taking a team with no talent to the cusp of the Final four. You can thank cheap ass asbestos Ed for him leaving. No coach would want to hang around a program were you have and AD unwilling to invest in the facilities. Beilein was the only man that wanted the WVU job after the disaster known as catlett. Huggins used the wvu Job as leverage to get more out of Cincy. Huggins turned his back on wvu when we were in the dumpster. He only wanted the job after he fell on his face at cincy. Huggins all of a sudden wanted the job after Beilein turned it around just like Terry Bowden all of a sudden wanted the wvu football job when things were at a high water mark. If Huggins was'nt married to the bottle he would still be at cincy. If asbestos ED would have ponied up we would have a Final four caliber program at the moment instead of getting boat raced in sweet 16 every year. huggins has never been to a final four with a team he recruited. When people see John Beilien on the sideline they see class and integrity when they see Huggins they see a walking heart attack that just rolled out of bed.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/731530/spurned-by-huggins-wvu-turns-to-bowling-greens-dakich
You aren't much of a writer but your brother was killer..

I really think Huggs has recruited more offense the last 2 years cause he knows he needed to. It will pay off. Next years team will be even better.

Both are great coaches and both have done great things at WVU. WVU has been fortunate to have them both. We can only hope when Huggs retires (hopefully not for awhile) that get someone anywhere near the caliber of these two.

Huggs will continue to coach at WVU for a while. It will be a very attractive job for anybody when that time comes. We’re top 15 every year, sweet 16 every year, been to elite 2-3 times last 15 years and been to a Final 4 about 8 years ago. The Coliseum rocks with great attendance. We’re a legit top program in the power 5. WVU is on national TV every game basically. Big 12 is the top hoops conference. We play home and home with the best Kansas. Top practice facility. The next coach will love it here.

Morgantown is growing fast, getting bigger and better. Future is bright. North Central WV from Bridgeport, Fairmont to Morgantown will continue to grow and develop. The local attendance is growing in hoops. We win. More people live in Morgantown area with a short drive. The Coliseum rocks.

Reactions: WVU80ate
Both are great coaches and both have done great things at WVU. WVU has been fortunate to have them both. We can only hope when Huggs retires (hopefully not for awhile) that get someone anywhere near the caliber of these two.
I can see a former Huggins player coaching here. Hoping it’s not a Drew Catlett

The guy is being honest and has the balls to say it. We all love WVU and Huggs but WVU will be good with any solid coach. A terrible coach sucks everywhere. A good coach does good everywhere. Belien started the train back in the right direction. He built WVU into a more respectable, consistent program and Huggs inherited what Belien started, built.

Huggs is a solid coach and much better than Catlett. The results easily show that. Belien probably could have made WVU a national title team if he stuck around and coached, recruited with the new practice facility and all the years of continuous success. Beilein recruits better offense than Huggins. He teaches, coaches better offense as well. I love Huggs but I do admit Belien more than likely would have done better the past 11 years at WVU. Offense gets you to Final 4.

Then why was Beilien only 40-40 in Big East? Bob Huggins 54-33. Beilien didn't do shit for WVU and wanted out 3 years after being here. The buyout was too big for and the schools he looked at would not pay it. Beilein received a contract extension to derail a possible courtship from Virginia.
North Carolina State came calling, but a $3 million buyout clause in Beilein's contract forced negotiations to fail.

John Beilein payed the university $1.5 million -- $1 million less than called for in his contract -- for taking the job at Michigan with five years remaining on his deal. Under the agreement, Beilein payed installments of $300,000 over the next five years to the West Virginia University Foundation. Both Beilein and Michigan athletic director Bill Martin have said the buyout issue was Beilein's responsibility, not Michigan's.

Beilen was looking to get out as fast as possible before the rough caved in on him.

Beilein at WVU, 104-60 / 63%. Highest finish in Big East 3rd. 40-40 overall. total. Beilein 0 final 4's

Nit 2nd round
Elite 8
Sweet 16
Nit Champions

JB 3-2 vs Marshall

Huggins Highest finish in Big East 2. Total Big East 120 - 56 68% Big East Conference 54-36 with one Big East title. 1 Final 4.

Sweet 16

first round
final 4
2nd round
first round

Beilein making WVU a national championship is the biggest crock of shit ever posted. Beilein looks good now because at Michigan with very good assistants gets you very good players. So slow your roll and shut your hole.

Huggins 9-1 vs Marshall (includes 2nd round game) started 4-1 while in Big East

Huggins at WVU in first 5 years at WVU NCAA tournament all 5

Beilein 2 NCAA 2 NIT

Huggins 5 years superior to John Beliar. in Big East.

Reactions: Phil
Then why was Beilien only 40-40 in Big East? Bob Huggins 54-33. Beilien didn't do shit for WVU
Allen, Beilein and Huggins are both great coachs. To say that Beilein did'nt do shit for wvu is dumb. When he took over for coach leather jacket where was the program? 3 years later we were in the elite 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Then why was Beilien only 40-40 in Big East? Bob Huggins 54-33. Beilien didn't do shit for WVU and wanted out 3 years after being here. The buyout was too big for and the schools he looked at would not pay it. Beilein received a contract extension to derail a possible courtship from Virginia.
North Carolina State came calling, but a $3 million buyout clause in Beilein's contract forced negotiations to fail.

John Beilein payed the university $1.5 million -- $1 million less than called for in his contract -- for taking the job at Michigan with five years remaining on his deal. Under the agreement, Beilein payed installments of $300,000 over the next five years to the West Virginia University Foundation. Both Beilein and Michigan athletic director Bill Martin have said the buyout issue was Beilein's responsibility, not Michigan's.

Beilen was looking to get out as fast as possible before the rough caved in on him.

Beilein at WVU, 104-60 / 63%. Highest finish in Big East 3rd. 40-40 overall. total. Beilein 0 final 4's

Nit 2nd round
Elite 8
Sweet 16
Nit Champions

JB 3-2 vs Marshall

Huggins Highest finish in Big East 2. Total Big East 120 - 56 68% Big East Conference 54-36 with one Big East title. 1 Final 4.

Sweet 16

first round
final 4
2nd round
first round

Beilein making WVU a national championship is the biggest crock of shit ever posted. Beilein looks good now because at Michigan with very good assistants gets you very good players. So slow your roll and shut your hole.

Huggins 9-1 vs Marshall (includes 2nd round game) started 4-1 while in Big East

Huggins at WVU in first 5 years at WVU NCAA tournament all 5

Beilein 2 NCAA 2 NIT

Huggins 5 years superior to John Beliar. in Big East.
Comparing Beileins Big East record to Huggins is irrelevant. Beilein took over the program when it was in much worse shape. The roof or rough as you stated had already caved in. Beilein left because asbestos ED was a cheap ass who wasn't willing to spend money on the program. Asbestos ED tried to screw Huggins out of a practice facility by saying 80% of the funds needed to be collected before construction could be started. Asbestos Ed pulled these shenanigans throughout his tenure at wvu so him and his buddies like John Raese could skim from the till. When the wvu job opened up in 2002 Huggins used it as leverage against Cincinnati to get a better deal. He flipped wvu the Bird when we where in the dumpster. Huggins knew he couldn't turn wvu around the way Beilein did. Huggins only continued what Beilein started. John Beilein is a great coach Huggins is only a good coach. That's why Beilein was sought by elite programs and Huggins hasn't been.

So you won’t post Texass sucks and WVU is great?
Wvu Basketball is good but not great. Beilein is great and Huggins is only good. Wvu needs great but not good if its ever to win a national title. Most people know this even Knuckle heads. What is your fascination with Texas? If you are referring to Texas Athletics, well they are irrelevant. Texas athletics is like some 50 year old jabroni from Western PA who sits on his coach all day dressed in his wife beater with a big old beer gut telling the world how great he was back in High School. Kinda like Mike Rafone.

Huggins never would have taken the wvu job if he was still employed by Cincinnati. When we really needed him in 2002 he flipped us the bird. Huggins heart was always with the Bearcats. Huggins made have recruited the players you stated but Butler was the heart of that team. Huggins has never fully recruited a team that made it to the final four. The best he has done is 1 elite 8 appearance in 1995 with a team he fully recruited. John Beilein has been to 2 final fours with a team he fully recruited but beilien is a better coach than huggins.

You are wrong. Huggins was set to come to WVU until Ed Pastilong screwed the pooch changing the contract agreement.

Next time you try making troll profile make it interesting and with original topics instead the bull shit you come up with.

Wvu Basketball is good but not great. Beilein is great and Huggins is only good. Wvu needs great but not good if its ever to win a national title. Most people know this even Knuckle heads. What is your fascination with Texas? If you are referring to Texas Athletics, well they are irrelevant. Texas athletics is like some 50 year old jabroni from Western PA who sits on his coach all day dressed in his wife beater with a big old beer gut telling the world how great he was back in High School. Kinda like Mike Rafone.

LOL at the Texass goofball that joins this site weekly. You are such a loser haha.
All you have to do is post “Texass sucks and WVU is great”. Then it will all be over
And you can go to the afterworld.

If Beilein would have stayed at WVU, we would have been to at least 2-3 Final Fours by now. Beilein showed how great of a coach he was by taking a team with no talent to the cusp of the Final four. You can thank cheap ass asbestos Ed for him leaving. No coach would want to hang around a program were you have and AD unwilling to invest in the facilities. Beilein was the only man that wanted the WVU job after the disaster known as catlett. Huggins used the wvu Job as leverage to get more out of Cincy. Huggins turned his back on wvu when we were in the dumpster. He only wanted the job after he fell on his face at cincy. Huggins all of a sudden wanted the job after Beilein turned it around just like Terry Bowden all of a sudden wanted the wvu football job when things were at a high water mark. If Huggins was'nt married to the bottle he would still be at cincy. If asbestos ED would have ponied up we would have a Final four caliber program at the moment instead of getting boat raced in sweet 16 every year. huggins has never been to a final four with a team he recruited. When people see John Beilien on the sideline they see class and integrity when they see Huggins they see a walking heart attack that just rolled out of bed.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/731530/spurned-by-huggins-wvu-turns-to-bowling-greens-dakich

I want to apologize to you. I meant to put you on ignore the first time I glanced at this post, but it slipped my mind. I’ve rectified that now.

You are wrong. Huggins was set to come to WVU until Ed Pastilong screwed the pooch changing the contract agreement.

Next time you try making troll profile make it interesting and with original topics instead the bull shit you come up with.
Revisionist history none of the claims you made are true. If they were you would be able to provide a link to prove it but you can't because they are lies. Huggins wanted a million dollar salary and a private plane for recruiting. a million bucks was a good chunk of change for a basketball coach back in 2002 considering huggins only made 800K his 1st year at wvu. Huggins knew wvu could not meet his demands. You only have to look at huggins statements to the Cincinnati enquirer in 2002 and his introductory press conference at wvu to know that he never had any intention of taking the wvu job back in 2002. He flipped wvu the bird. You are a very dishonest man you stated that the roof was going to cave in on Beilein when in fact he put the roof back on the coliseum. You stated he didn't do shit for wvu. He produced and elite 8, sweet 16 and nit championship. A troll is someone who relies on lies and deceit and you have told 3 of the biggest whoppers in this thread so i guess that makes you a troll.

I want to apologize to you. I meant to put you on ignore the first time I glanced at this post, but it slipped my mind. I’ve rectified that now.
Spreading Eagle you don't have to apologize for anything please put me on ignore. I can tell you're probably someone who says that to everyone but never follows through. if this lame response is the best you can come up with then i can tell you add very little to the conversation.

LOL at the Texass goofball that joins this site weekly. You are such a loser haha.
All you have to do is post “Texass sucks and WVU is great”. Then it will all be over
And you can go to the afterworld.
Obviously you are not a very successful person in life. It's sad that you spam this site with multiple screen names. Hopefully one day you will find some employment and actually be a productive member of society.

If asbestos ED would have ponied up and kept beilein we would be playing in the Final four this weekend. Instead we know will always get boat raced in the sweet 16.
Beilein moved somewhere every 4years. He was great. Right man for job at that time but he was moving up the ladder regardless of Ed. Was nice to get some buy out cash to help pay for Huggs. Nice to be in Big East to help us recruit. Have no regrets with last two coaches.

Obviously you are not a very successful person in life. It's sad that you spam this site with multiple screen names. Hopefully one day you will find some employment and actually be a productive member of society.

Projection at its best(in your case worst). Everyone here knows me goofball. You’re the worst troll ever Texass loser. Been on Rivals since 2002. You’re such a low IQ troll you can’t even be funny about it. Do the right thing loser and end it.

Reactions: Phil
Huggins first 5 years avg 24 wins at WVU

Beilein 20 in his 5 years at WVU

Huggins overall at WVU has averaged 25 wins a season.

Beilein has kissed his cousin for the 2nd time getting blown out by the team WVU played better.

Not hard to get to the finals when the highest seed you played was a 6.

Beilein has kissed his cousin for the 2nd time getting blown out by the team WVU played better.

Allen Wvu played Villanova better than Kansas did but what was wvu's record against Kansas?

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

Would you care to provide a link or something of this? I have never heard this and would like to see something other than rumor. Please

Would you care to provide a link or something of this? I have never heard this and would like to see something other than rumor. Please

Nope can't find one. Can not confirm other than hearing the rumors I posted. All I could find was...

The Hargett story began to unfold in 2002, just as West Virginia was searching for a new coach to replace the retiring Gale Catlett. When negotiations with Bob Huggins fell through, WVU rushed ahead and hired Dan Dakich from Bowling Green.

http://wvmetronews.com/2012/08/21/hoppys-commentary-for-tuesday-9/

http://www.irontontribune.com/2002/03/25/wvu-awaits-huggins-decision/

And he gives away yet another of his sockpuppets with this post, a move as smooth a hard turd wedged in sideways after a week of constipation. About as smart, too.

That talking dog landed you in prison, Dave. He doesn't know any more about basketball than he did anything else. Don't listen to him. You're talking to yourself, aka, 304, already. Don't start talking to Sam the Dog about basketball. He's like you, he can't dribble, only drool and eat his stool.

The root word of "ignorant" is "ignore", which is what to do to Dave's type, who are hopelessly ignorant. (You've got to love the "ignore" feature for these boneheads.) Dave is the brand new crazy on my long list of ignoramuses and thus moves to the top of the list. Hail Dave, dumbass of dumbasses and loony of lunatics!
Comparing Beileins Big East record to Huggins is irrelevant. Beilein took over the program when it was in much worse shape. The roof or rough as you stated had already caved in. Beilein left because asbestos ED was a cheap ass who wasn't willing to spend money on the program. Asbestos ED tried to screw Huggins out of a practice facility by saying 80% of the funds needed to be collected before construction could be started. Asbestos Ed pulled these shenanigans throughout his tenure at wvu so him and his buddies like John Raese could skim from the till. When the wvu job opened up in 2002 Huggins used it as leverage against Cincinnati to get a better deal. He flipped wvu the Bird when we where in the dumpster. Huggins knew he couldn't turn wvu around the way Beilein did. Huggins only continued what Beilein started. John Beilein is a great coach Huggins is only a good coach. That's why Beilein was sought by elite programs and Huggins hasn't been.
Beilein is a very good coach but the thing i remember is blowing a 20 point lead in the second half against Louisville in the elite eight game and losing in OT after his worst offensive player Collins misses a shot to win in regulation

Beilein is a very good coach but the thing i remember is blowing a 20 point lead in the second half against Louisville in the elite eight game and losing in OT after his worst offensive player Collins misses a shot to win in regulation

I still remember that game. Patrick Beilein couldn't miss a 3. 2nd half, we went ice cold.

Beilein had to pull WVU out from the gutter while Huggins picked up a good program when he came in here.

JB has won at every level he has coached, not just D1 and has never had any scandals or personal transgressions cloud his career. I wouldn't be surprised if JB gets into the hall of fame before Huggy.

Nope can't find one. Can not confirm other than hearing the rumors I posted. All I could find was...

The Hargett story began to unfold in 2002, just as West Virginia was searching for a new coach to replace the retiring Gale Catlett. When negotiations with Bob Huggins fell through, WVU rushed ahead and hired Dan Dakich from Bowling Green.

http://wvmetronews.com/2012/08/21/hoppys-commentary-for-tuesday-9/

http://www.irontontribune.com/2002/03/25/wvu-awaits-huggins-decision/
This doesn't mean anything. Deals always fall through when one side doesn't get what they want. If you can't confirm anything then stop stating as fact.

There are several things that I have already learned on this message board. The first is that there are too many willing to defend the status quo. The people who challenge it don't go far enough. See Rootmasters Michigan thread. It was a total failure he took a swipe at huggins but didn't have the balls to go the distance and admit that Beilein is a better coach than huggins. Secondly the first person that usually respond to you is the Resident board Knuckle head which I'm assuming That this Still5-Ovastarheels character must wear that crown. Finally I have a full set of Teeth and I'm not married to my sister so that disqualifies me from being a Texan.
Beilein a better coach than Huggins? Based on what?

Beilein and Huggins are both outstanding college basketball coaches.

But Huggins is better than Beilein in career victories, winning percentage, number of NCAA tournament appearances, equals Beilein in Final Four teams.

Beilein has one title game appearance to none for Huggins. Cincinnati and Michigan were in the 1972 Final Four, with Huggins the Bearcats coach, when Michigan lost in the title game, without Beilein as its coach.

John Beilein Bob Huggins

Career 859 wins 1,089

W Percentage 63% 71%

NCAA teams: 10 24

Final Four: 2 2

Title game: 1 0

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

- - - Abraham Lincoln

Beilein a better coach than Huggins? Based on what?

Beilein and Huggins are both outstanding college basketball coaches.

But Huggins is better than Beilein in career victories, winning percentage, number of NCAA tournament appearances, equals Beilein in Final Four teams.

Beilein has one title game appearance to none for Huggins. Cincinnati and Michigan were in the 1972 Final Four, with Huggins the Bearcats coach, when Michigan lost in the title game, without Beilein as its coach.

John Beilein Bob Huggins

Career 859 wins 1,089

W Percentage 63% 71%

NCAA teams: 10 24

Final Four: 2 2

Title game: 1 0

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

- - - Abraham Lincoln
Huggins coached Cincinnati in the 1972 final four at age 19? . Beilein has been in 2 titles games. Not one.

Huggins coached Cincinnati in the 1972 final four at age 19? . Beilein has been in 2 titles games. Not one.
1992 when Steve Fisher coached Michigan.
2013 to 2018 for Beilein in title game.
Huggins still has the edge in everything else, though, including the all-important winning percentage, which is tougher to manage when you coach longer than the other guy.

Again, it's nonsense to trash either Beilein or Huggins. I would take either as WVU's coach in a heartbeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT