ADVERTISEMENT

Beef Brisket

BradleyStreet

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2005
Mt. Lebanon, PA
I want to make my 1st beef brisket Saturday to celebrate college football return and get ready for the drive Sunday morning to DC for the game. However I don't have a recipe but know there are plenty of ideas within this Forum's crowd. Also, I will be using a Weber gas grill (sorry no smoker), but I do have the smoker add-on. All suggestions are appreciated starting with what specific piece I should ask the butcher for!

Looking forward to watching the Hokies get smoked Sunday evening.

I haven't cooked a lot of brisket, but I'd just be sure to get the highest quality cut you can find. Prime is ridiculously expensive, but worth it. Get choice if that's what you can find, but if you buy select you'll inevitably end up with a big, dry hunk of meat no matter how you cook it.

Your options will basically be to get a whole brisket, a point cut, or a flat cut. I think point and flat are about the same size, though the flat is leaner.

op did not deliver

Really though, all these tips are spot on, in my experience. Brisket is such a huge pain in the ass to get right. Couple things that helped me were getting an instant read thermometer (read: thermapen) and getting another thermometer to monitor the temperature insid my smoker (the built in ones are always trash).

Reactions: 1WVU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT