ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Investigation Not Over

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/b...dependent-accountability-oversight-committee/

The NCAA’s investigation of Baylor’s football program may be headed in a different and uncertain direction, a source familiar with the process confirmed Wednesday.

The case could be moved to the Independent Accountability Oversight Committee, which was formed “for reviewing select complex infractions cases in Division I,” according to the NCAA.

NCAA’s Baylor investigation should be over. Now it may restart with independent review

In September 2018, it sent Baylor a “notice of allegations,” with charges against Briles and a “lack of institutional control” on the part of administrators.

Sources familiar with the process felt the case would be resolved in the spring of 2019, and then, at the latest, the summer.

On Aug. 1, the NCAA announced a new “Independent Accountability Resolution Process.” This was created after the recommendations were made by the Commission on College Basketball, which was chaired by former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice.

Sources familiar with the NCAA and its investigative process said the organization looks favorably at departments that cooperate during an investigation. As to whether Baylor officials have been compliant in this may no longer matter.

If the NCAA chooses to start all over again, a case that should be resolved is reborn with the reality that when a ruling is made it will finally be final.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article236483023.html

This sounds like a hit job. The investigation should be of Art Briles, NOT Baylor.

Is this an attack on Baylor because of its conservative religious foundation???

I do not know their reasoning. But the corruption for Baylor was deep within their athletic department.

Well then I guess shame on Baylor for having the only athletic department in America that has corruption in it. At least the ncaa may finally leave the fine folks in Columbus, Lansing, Tallahassee, well most of the state of North Carolina, and Miami Florida the heck alone

This sounds like a hit job. The investigation should be of Art Briles, NOT Baylor.

I don’t think I agree with that. A lot of people had to look the other way and some had to do some covering up in order for the rights of these female students to be trampled on.

No. It's because Baylor administration ignored a couple of students complaints about sexual harrassment and attacks.

No. It's because Baylor administration ignored a couple of students complaints about sexual harrassment and attacks.

Baylor University mishandled multiple sexual assault cases after victims came forward. An outside investigation yielded a damning report determining the university and its athletic department systematically and for several years failed students who were sexually assaulted. Baylor administrators were accused of behavior perceived as “victim-blaming,” making football “above the rules, and denying that sexual assault even happened at the university.

Ketchum resigned in 2016 after learning the university had not been fully transparent with its handling of the sexual assault cases, according to the victims’ filing.

Brittany Britto Oct. 3, 2019 Updated: Oct. 5, 2019 1:06 p.m.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...sault-case-is-three-years-in-the-14490970.php

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT