ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball problems on AD Lyons?

Nova Mountaineer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
Morgantown
I observe that football team had an offensive problem and AD had a "prayer meeting" with HCNB and then Brown
announces the hiring of an Offensive Coordinator. The basketball team seems to have an overall problem which requires
some new assistants and AD Lyons is silent. Reporters ought to be asking him (on the record) his feelings about the men's
basketball program. If he won't answer the question THAT'S news, if he does answer the question THAT'S news. I suggest to those
that say Huggs is untouchable - you might be right. I suggest the "why" of that. Huggs is close of a fellow by the name of Drew Payne of
Charleston. Payne has been Chair of Board of WVU Board of Governors (maybe still is a member), I believe he has been on the
WVU Foundation Board. Bottom line Payne carries a big stick. And because of some of his experiences on WVU boards is close
to WVU President Gordon Gee. Of course, AD Lyons is well aware of all this. He pressures Huggs to get some new assistants - Huggs
mentions that to Payne, who goes to Gee who has a "prayer meeting" with AD Lyons. Now I have season ticket to BB and expect
to have it next year. But the state of program cries out for some changes. It's just painful to watch. Would be interested to know
if any BlueLotters thinks Huggs will make any changes in his assistants? Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News