ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball next year

skygusty

All-Conference
May 14, 2003
Besides Bolden and Ahmad, who does not come back next year? There are just two commits signed, a 3 star point guard and a 5 star center. Who else leaves? I think Sags is gone, maybe a guard or two who think they will be a better fit elsewhere. Any good JUCO prospects out there that WVU is involved with?

Besides Bolden and Ahmad, who does not come back next year? There are just two commits signed, a 3 star point guard and a 5 star center. Who else leaves? I think Sags is gone, maybe a guard or two who think they will be a better fit elsewhere. Any good JUCO prospects out there that WVU is involved with?

Beetle is a junior.

McCabe

Sags is a big question. It appears hes done with the team, but then he tweets how he wants to play really bad and is seen sitting with the team jumping p and down cheering them on with no brace. Right now it seems like he will be gone, but to where is the question I have? Certainly not the NBA.

Doesnt Harler graduate? Esa and Harler? Thats almost addition by subtraction as sad as it is to say that.

Esa (obviously), Sags, McCabe, and Culver will not be on the roster next year. We have two recruits coming in and that allows for two JUCO guards to get picked up. The four I mentioned is at a minimum as Harler is pretty worthless and he could be gone as well. Whomever Huggs farmed his recruiting out to should be farred!

Esa (obviously), Sags, McCabe, and Culver will not be on the roster next year. We have two recruits coming in and that allows for two JUCO guards to get picked up. The four I mentioned is at a minimum as Harler is pretty worthless and he could be gone as well. Whomever Huggs farmed his recruiting out to should be farred!

Wow, you almost sound like you know wtf you’re talking about.

Too bad you don’t. Time for IGNORE.

What makes you think that? From what I have seen and read, he's not showing signs of being upset. Personally, I think it would be great if players like Routt and Harler transferred to smaller school and played their final year and enjoyed success. No doubt they appear to be great young men, but athletically they just don't cut it in the Big 12.

Where do you get your information? I believe McCabe may be one of the strengths ver soon. Culver is a strength, but I assume he is going to class and will remain eligible. Sogs may leave,but the huge contract he was counting on at the end of last year has, in my pinion, ,largely evaporated. IMO, he NEEDS another year to re-establish his reputation which terribly 'Sags' at the moment.

Where do you get your information? I believe McCabe may be one of the strengths ver soon. Culver is a strength, but I assume he is going to class and will remain eligible. Sogs may leave,but the huge contract he was counting on at the end of last year has, in my pinion, ,largely evaporated. IMO, he NEEDS another year to re-establish his reputation which terribly 'Sags' at the moment.

If Sags returns next year, then Culver will leave because Oscar is starting from day 1 next year. A concern I do have is if Bolden graduates this spring semester and decides to transfer his final year. He could go to UC or Univ. of Northern Kentucky, back home for his final year.

McCabe is physically outmatched and will look worse as we play the stronger Big 12 teams. Culver was a one and done from the start and if not the NBA, he will go to Europe and make a very nice living. Assuming no injury, Sags can also go to Europe and make a very nice living as he is from Mali and will not count against a team's allotment of American-born players. Sags may not get an NBA type contract overseas but European money is still a very nice living and more than anybody on this board makes. Regarding where I get my information from, I have eyes my friend. I predicted 15 wins for this bunch...I may be 5 too heavy on that estimate.

If Sags returns next year, then Culver will leave because Oscar is starting from day 1 next year. A concern I do have is if Bolden graduates this spring semester and decides to transfer his final year. He could go to UC or Univ. of Northern Kentucky, back home for his final year.
Why do you not see a place for three players to occupy two positions?
All will need rest during the game.Three players competing for the equivalent of 80 minutes gives each 27 minutes. Because of foul trouble or other individual game situations one or two might then get significantly more at the expense of the others, but to have them share equally seems quite desirable. Could also 'go BIG' with all three on occasion which then substantially increases the time for each. Under this scenario I'm not sure here is room for Gordon and/or Routt on scholarship. I think this would be a formidable front line and rim protectors.

All will need rest during the game.Three players competing for the equivalent of 80 minutes gives each 27 minutes. Because of foul trouble or other individual game situations one or two might then get significantly more at the expense of the others, but to have them share equally seems quite desirable. Could also 'go BIG' with all three on occasion which then substantially increases the time for each. Under this scenario I'm not sure here is room for Gordon and/or Routt on scholarship. I think this would be a formidable front line and rim protectors.
Yeah, if they didn't have people whispering in their ears, it would be a formidable front line. Having all three of them would be a good draw for recruiting a guard and a forward.

Routt is not as agile and athletic as other players, but he may be the most improved.

Sags, Culver, Routt, Oscar and Gordon - 5 players for one position...I don't think so.

Sags, Culver, Routt, Oscar and Gordon - 5 players for one position...I don't think so.
Did you intentionally mis-represent what I wrote in my post? I did not say we would have 5 players for ONE position, I had at lest two of them playing together (note the use of 80 equivalent minutes per game for them--that's 20 minutes per half times 2 halves times 2 positions. ) In addition you ignored my comments about Routt and Gordon. Routt could stay around as a walk-on or be on some other In-State scholarship. Yes, I see Gordon as redundancy.
Surely you are clever enough to KNOW what you did to my post was dishonest (fake news). Your attempt to make me look silly is vivid evidence that you either lack the capacity to think and analyze what is said or a lying, misleading soul who is willing to treat fact and truthfulness as being burdensome, unnecessary, and undesirable.

Did you intentionally mis-represent what I wrote in my post? I did not say we would have 5 players for ONE position, I had at lest two of them playing together (note the use of 80 equivalent minutes per game for them--that's 20 minutes per half times 2 halves times 2 positions. ) In addition you ignored my comments about Routt and Gordon. Routt could stay around as a walk-on or be on some other In-State scholarship. Yes, I see Gordon as redundancy.
Surely you are clever enough to KNOW what you did to my post was dishonest (fake news). Your attempt to make me look silly is vivid evidence that you either lack the capacity to think and analyze what is said or a lying, misleading soul who is willing to treat fact and truthfulness as being burdensome, unnecessary, and undesirable.

I love words in all caps so please do that more. You should really run your posts through grammarly or some other clean up tool as "mis-represent" is actually just one, unhyphenated word not to mention it is at least, not at "lest". So, when you take so little care in what you write on this board, I value you even less. None of those 5 players will ever play together in tandem as they all have the skill set of a center, get it? You may not value what Esa does at the 4 but none of the players you mentioned can do what he does or what a power forward is supposed to do. If you listen to last week's 3 guys before the game podcast, Adrian called Brad Howe an idiot for even suggesting the twin towers thing. I roll with proper grammar and Nathan Adrian.

Sags
Esa
Knapper
Mathews
Horton - not on scholarship but leaves
Gordon

Doomes - He burned his red shirt for a reason so 1 of the guards will be gone.

I see Huggs getting rid of Gordon or Gordon leaving on his own. Gordon is soft and not aggressive. He is along for the ride. He was laughing and joking with Esa and Wes during timeouts. I don’t think Gordon or Esa give a shit about the team or university. It’s a $100,000 scholarship and they are along for the free ride and playing Huggs and everybody. Gordon also isn’t very good. Huggs has already said he isn’t aggressive or tough enough. Huggs wants to clean house.

I also see Sags obviously gone. He’s a pain in the ass and I’m not sure he’s worth the trouble. If Culver leaves then I give up. College basketball and NBA are a mess anyway. They need to fix this mess together. Culver is good but needs at least 1 more year.

McCabe is so slow I’m not sure Huggs wants him back. He has no speed or quickness. He has a chance for open court surge and within 2 steps he’s caught. That’s bad. I don’t think he lasts here. Knapper has regressed and lost all confidence. I hope it’s just his 2 years of healthy issues. If not then he needs to go as well. Harler is D2 at best. He needs to practice, ride bench or be gone. We can’t take another year of this from Huggs playing him all game. Doomes is D2 to low D1 at best. Horton is getting screwed. If Huggs won’t play him now over these lower players then he never will.

Thank goodness Esa is gone. Wes Harris isn’t worth the trouble. These guys just aren’t good enough. Period. Routt has regressed as well. This coaching staff is the problem too. They can’t recruit good enough or smart enough.

So who made up Teddy Allen's mind to transfer last year? Did he just want to leave or was he encouraged? It remains to be seen if unproductive players continue to get lots of PT, whether players that were counted on to make an impact do not, if bad chemistry has a source and is removed. I hope Matthews stays. He will get some PT as a freshman, even more next year, and could be a solid player as a junior. I think there will be big changes at the guard position. We have some talented big men for a change but are two of them one and done and is Sags already done with college ball?

I love words in all caps so please do that more. You should really run your posts through grammarly or some other clean up tool as "mis-represent" is actually just one, unhyphenated word not to mention it is at least, not at "lest". So, when you take so little care in what you write on this board, I value you even less. None of those 5 players will ever play together in tandem as they all have the skill set of a center, get it? You may not value what Esa does at the 4 but none of the players you mentioned can do what he does or what a power forward is supposed to do. If you listen to last week's 3 guys before the game podcast, Adrian called Brad Howe an idiot for even suggesting the twin towers thing. I roll with proper grammar and Nathan Adrian.
Were I to do as you suggest, I would surely pick someone far more intelligent that you seem to be. I grant that I have misspellings (I trained as an intelligent scientist and dod not follow your obvious path as a typist. So continue with your typing skills and open dictionary and let others think and express ideas. As for my future regarding you---BYE.
Another to the 'ignore' pile.

Reactions: RoanokeVAEer
Oscar is highly likely 1 and done. He’s incredible athlete. The system is so screwed up it wouldn’t surprise me if Culver leaves after a solid freshmen year even though he is not ready and needs that 2nd year. The NBA, NCAA have created a mess and dont be surprised if the sport dies out over the next 10-15 years in the USA. Low ratings, low interest will happen. It’s already been happening. It’s a mess. I wish they could fix it a little. Anything would help. The NCAA and NBA need to get together on this.

Keaton is that you?

Were I to do as you suggest, I would surely pick someone far more intelligent that you seem to be. I grant that I have misspellings (I trained as an intelligent scientist and dod not follow your obvious path as a typist. So continue with your typing skills and open dictionary and let others think and express ideas. As for my future regarding you---BYE.
Another to the 'ignore' pile.

A little mistake here and there and Apollo 11 would have missed the moon. Try harder dickhead, that is the point.

Culver would be idiotic to leave after a half season. A full season next year and he might have a chance at the NBA. You develop in college. Even the G league isn’t for learning. It’s for getting PT to work on your skills since you would be parked on a bench in the NBA.

From everything I hear, he’s not a big fan of school but at this juncture in his career school is a “necessary evil.” Suck it up and it could mean the difference in tens of millions of dollars.

This team lacks experienced Guards. That's the key to running almost 90% of the offenses in this country. Look at every good team and you'll see a good guard. IDGAF what "big man" you have, if they cant get an offensive tempo started, its dead. You need that spark and Jevon Carter WAS that spark.

You could always email one of the mods and have them run my history / ip address, etc. I love single digit posters btw.

And we love asshats that have been here for a hot minute and act like they have a damn clue. Slow your roll.

Reactions: lakeers
And we love asshats that have been here for a hot minute and act like they have a damn clue. Slow your roll.

I've watched the board for a long time but just registered a short time ago so I can see why you'd think that but you, like a lot on here, are incorrect. As for the Steelers...man, that sucks. I love when hacks dictate message board decorum. Slow yourself there friendo.

You could always email one of the mods and have them run my history / ip address, etc. I love single digit posters btw.

Am I supposed to be impressed because you have a 145 or so posts to my single digits on a sports forum? Well as you say I mostly lurk and read the forum but have been doing so since 2012!

If Sags comes back Culver is gone? Pffft, if Sags comes back, he will be behind Culver on the depth chart. Oscar probably wont be a C here he will more likely be Foward like in his role.

If anyone leaves I think it would most like be Sags, Knapper (Herd bound), and maybe Gordon. I dont think we would miss any of them except Sags defensive game..

I've watched the board for a long time but just registered a short time ago so I can see why you'd think that but you, like a lot on here, are incorrect. As for the Steelers...man, that sucks. I love when hacks dictate message board decorum. Slow yourself there friendo.

If that’s true you should have kept watching... because you add zero to the conversation.

Noob.

Reactions: RoanokeVAEer
*Enters Mountaineers Message Board*

*Sees @5-Technique making an idiot of himself*

*Slowly backs away towards The Blue Lot*

The ignore function, when used in moderation, is a revelation.

Where is that thread titled “posters that need to placed on ignore”? That idiot needs added.

Reactions: lakeers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT