ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Hall of Fame Finalists Announced

December 2017 and went into effect in 2018, a coach must be retired for three years before they are eligible for the HOF.

Thread Fail in progress.

December 2017 and went into effect in 2018, a coach must be retired for three years before they are eligible for the HOF.

Thread Fail in progress.
You forgot to PM BuzzTard and decided to respond to my thread by yourself for a change, huh? You have a link for this rule change, correct? Let's assume--for the sake of argument--that you are correct. Why do so many delusional WVU fans refer to Huggins as a "Hall of Fame Coach," if he isn't and can't be for at least three years, post-retirement? Moreover, why didn't tHuggs get voted into the HOF before this alleged rule change? It isn't as if tHuggs has added HOP credentials since this alleged rule change went into effect in 2018, right?

By the way, I saw something on TOS, which is of relevance to tHuggs: https://247sports.com/college/west-.../Coach-youd-least-like-to-play-for-130797782/

tHuggs was voted the coach for whom the most NCAA Tournament participants who answered survey questions would least like to play. Not good for recruiting, huh?

First it clearly states in your very own article you linked to that rule change. The retirement clause took effect last year and the other two (age and number of years coached) requirements start next year. I don't need any help, but you better get Michigan on the horn to proof read your smack before posting.

As far as calling him a HOF coach, sorry, I don't dabble into that or really care.

As for your survey...... Who cares. Huggins is not recruiting college kids.

But it's good to know you are keeping up with WVU 24/7. Go Bucks?

Oh, you begged for Buzzard's help, as his posts yesterday mimicked the same stupid sh!t that you've spewed for years...or are Westsider and Buzzard the same poster? It's one or the other. Because you're incredibly lazy, I have looked up information about the alleged rule, which you have completely MISINTERPRETED. To Buzztard's great chagrin, you're definitely no lawyer. The three-year waiting period applies to already RETIRED coaches, idiot. tHuggs clearly qualifies for HOF consideration NOW, but doesn't deserve to be enshrined. Now, stop wasting my time with your drivel, PestsideBuzztard.

[roll]

P.S. Thread fail, huh?

I'm starting to feel bad now that I am so ingrained in tOSUdogpeckergnat's skull that he thinks there's two of me............

Thank you toeshit for the interest and concern of WVU sports.

I'm starting to feel bad now that I am so ingrained in tOSUdogpeckergnat's skull that he thinks there's two of me............
No, I don't, but do know that Pestsider has been PMing you. Only Pestsider or his proxy would ask me about going outside at 5:30 to exercise, as I haven't left the office that early since Trump thumped the Hildabeast. The coal business has improved dramatically since 2016, and I've been along for the ride. Somebody has to pay for your government benefits.

First it clearly states in your very own article you linked to that rule change. The retirement clause took effect last year and the other two (age and number of years coached) requirements start next year. I don't need any help, but you better get Michigan on the horn to proof read your smack before posting.

As far as calling him a HOF coach, sorry, I don't dabble into that or really care.

As for your survey...... Who cares. Huggins is not recruiting college kids.

But it's good to know you are keeping up with WVU 24/7. Go Bucks?
He didn't even read the article. Lol. He was busy posting it as fast as he could. FAIL

He didn't even read the article. Lol. He was busy posting it as fast as he could. FAIL
Hey, dumb a$$: In fact, tHuggs is eligible for the Hall of Fame, just not good enough to get in there. I guess that you didn't bother reading the rest of the thread before you rushed to post your reach-around of Pestsider. Well done, idiot!

[laughing]

Ole bucky is going to cry when Huggs officially gets into the HOF. Kill me if I ever care if an OSU coach gets in or not

Huggins will be in the HOF, it’s a certain. I’ve been there a few times and he’s actually quoted on a statue outside the building

So you screwup your own thread and divert off to saying that Buzzard and I are one.

That's really stretching it don't you think?

Ole bucky is going to cry when Huggs officially gets into the HOF. Kill me if I ever care if an OSU coach gets in or not
Fred Taylor is in the Hall of Fame. He led the Buckeyes to an NCAA National Title, which is something that no WVU coach has ever done. It was a long time ago, but you're old enough to remember it.

So you screwup your own thread and divert off to saying that Buzzard and I are one.

That's really stretching it don't you think?
Yeah, double down on being a complete imbecile. You derailed this thread with your bullsh!t about tHuggins allegedly not being eligible for the Hall of Fame. You were 100% WRONG, as usual, f-tard.

"To be considered for induction by a screening committee, a player, retired coach, or referee must be fully retired from that role for at least three full seasons.[9] The waiting period had originally been five years, but was changed to four years in December 2015,[10] and to three seasons in December 2017.[9] Prior to the induction class of 2018, referees had been eligible for induction after 25 years of full-time service, even if still active.[10] Changes to the criteria for consideration of active coaches were also announced as part of the 2017 changes. Currently, coaches become eligible upon 25 years of full-time service at the high school level or above, or three seasons after retirement.[10] Effective with the class of 2020, active coaches must meet the years of service requirement and be at least 60 years old.[9] No years of service criterion is required for those who have made a "significant contribution to the game of basketball". Sportswriters and commentators are elected as full-fledged members, in contrast to the Baseball Hall of Fame that places them in separate wings from the "real" Hall of Fame.[6]" Bold added for fourth-grade reading level posters, such as Westsider.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naismith_Memorial_Basketball_Hall_of_Fame

So in the last .... long long span of two years have the Hall of Fame been able to elect current coaches that have won titles and more games than Huggins. Coach K, for example. Hugs could coach for 10 more years and not get nominated as long as others that have won more or gotten farther are still coaching.

It amazes me as to why you care so much about WVU's head coach so much. Well not really since I am suppose to be someone else now and you must be Michigan-herd or T-bone or herd4life or O'Neal or foxyfan or herd0ne or silkashocker's wife or pride .......

My first two replies to Westsidersjhs77 were a diversion off topic as I claimed he was another poster. I'm fully aware Westsidersjhs77 was replying to the topic of Huggin's HOF status and not flying off topic like I claimed.
I know he clearly stated his position (not too concerned about Huggs in the hall like I am obsessed over) but when he exposed me for being a girl poster known as foxyfan, I kept clear of this thread over the weekend hoping it would just go away. Too bad I can't keep my big yap shut.

Sorry posters
Well I know for sure on that list who you are not, but you are far behind on your prayers that there will be no one remembering how the past few years the placement of the NCAA tournament was your measuring stick for how good the conferences are. "No Big 12 in the final 4 ... you guys suck."

So, you're hiding behind the Big 12 now, Pestsider? I guess that I would hide behind the B1G, if my alma mater had been blown clear out of its arena by an angry flock of Chanticleers, and established a school record for losses in the process. What an embarrassment for you and your idol, tHuggy Bear!

[laughing]

I am so glad I wasn't pounding my chest about being number one in the NCAA's new poll.

That really was an accurate read on the best team in all of college basketball.

Plus I noticed how when it goes against WVU it's okay to trash the Big 12, but on the other hand.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT