ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Freshman Forward Duo- Konate and West

Sep 7, 2016
Each are excellent additions to WVU's front court.

Konate is a true 4 or 5 low post player with tremendous hops. He's difficult to box out in space and has good hand and feet.

Long can play 3/4. He's one of the more athletic forwards I've seen at WVU. Ebanks and Long while not identical in style of play, are similar enough I'm comfortable in comparison. I expect Long to mirror Ebanks freshman production of 9ppg and 5rpg.

It will be interesting to see if Bender will move into the frontcourt rotation. Watkins looks vastly improved and healthy. With Long and Konate emerging, Bender may see less minutes than many thought.

Last edited:
This team is long and athletic. Should be a fun team to watch this year. Some stuff to improve but it's the 1st game of the year with many new faces.

Sags, West, and Beetle really impressed me tonight. All 3 are freshmen too.

Lots of kids on this team that can play if they can figure out the chemistry. I don't think there was one of them Huggins would have any concerns about putting on the floor, Great hedge against injury and the stupid fouls that are getting called. All the players look like they have already spent some time in the weight room. Really liked the confidence we saw from Macon and Watkins and Ahmad. Defense got sloppy in that second half tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT