ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Leadoff Dinner

SHB1113

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2018
Really is amazing what Randy has built here. There were 700 plus in attendance for a great night. I heard the story that the first year they did this there about 25 people at this same event.

Wren Baker was in attendance and gave a nice speech. Gee was prowling around. Neal Brown hung out in the back by the bar and looked miserable, downing beer after beer and bit talking to anyone. Lol.

Had a lot of good things to say about the players.

JJ- “The best hitter he’s coached in thirty years.”.

Huss Bus- “before it’s all said and done could go down as one of the best three baseball players to ever come out of the state of WV”.

Tuck- Mazey lost it visibly on stage calling him one of the best team leaders and people he has ever coached.

He played up the culture on this team, again calling it the best team from a culture standpoint he has ever coached.

I wish they would post the hype video online, it was awesome.

It was a good night and I am really excited about the season.

Seeing more and more mentions about us as a serious sleeper team that could make a big run in the postseason.

We are gonna be a big underdog all year and we seem to get out best results out of that scenario, regardless of sport.

Really is amazing what Randy has built here. There were 700 plus in attendance for a great night. I heard the story that the first year they did this there about 25 people at this same event.

Wren Baker was in attendance and gave a nice speech. Gee was prowling around. Neal Brown hung out in the back by the bar and looked miserable, downing beer after beer and bit talking to anyone. Lol.

Huss Bus- “before it’s all said and done could go down as one of the best three baseball players to ever come out of the state of WV”.

Tuck- Mazey lost it visibly on stage calling him one of the best team leaders and people he has ever coached.

He played up the culture on this team, again calling it the best team from a culture standpoint he has ever coached.

Seeing more and more mentions about us as a serious sleeper team that could make a big run in the postseason.

We are gonna be a big underdog all year and we seem to get out best results out of that scenario, regardless of sport.
Thanks a ton for the updates. Please keep them up.

Really excited for baseball season

Mazey has put together a really good program aided by some really nice facilities being added when he started here.

Reactions: SHB1113

May have missed it, but, Where can one find their schedule for 2023?

2 games in Richmond that I’ve got to go and support the team. Damn it’s nice to have a little hope again.

Reactions: SHB1113

Is that Neal brown part true ? Lol

Reactions: smooter
17 days.

Wish the weather would warm a touch. Reasonably sunny next 5-6 days in Morgantown. Reaches 40s and 50s on Sunday and Monday.
The team rule for practice is: if it’s above 35 degrees they are on the field. They have gotten more than usual field time this fall and winter, so that normally bodes well.

Reactions: smooter
I should have taken a picture. He was back there for a long time with a beer in hand talking to one of the strength coaches. Lol. He did look miserable.
I had a friend who saw him before the Texas game. Said he looked very frail and tired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT