ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield

I might be wrong, but, I think the Browns may well have blown another pick. I can imagine Mayfield being another Manzel. Not basing this on skills just the Brown's past history and Mayfield's questionable charactor.

What do you mean "MAY have blown another pick?" The owner Hasslet has done it again. He picked Johnny Football and he's picked this guy. I guess if you got enough $$$$$ you don't care if you've went 1-31 the last 2 seasons which is why they didn't fire the coach with the worst record in NFL history..

Anybody with common sense and watching college football knows:
1. Big XII QBs don't translate and do well in the NFL. The list gets longer every year.
2. Questionable/immature behavior with multiple incidents and examples doesn't win at the qb position in the NFL.

I guess like in NASCAR, the car wreck is something everyone wants to watch in football too.

1. Mayfield has nothing to lose. QB standards in Cleveland are extremely low if at all.
2. I don't think any QB in the draft stands out to me. Rosen if anything...

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I don't watch the NFL anymore. It isn't my game. The league got too much about ego, $$$$$, & distraction and not enough about fans. I watch college ball and as much as I can for every game on tv and in person.

With that said, the #1 overall draft pick in any sports drafts has to be an immediate starter, immediate impact player. Can anybody say Baker Mayfield is that guy? I don't think he's the best pro qb prospect coming out of the state of Oklahoma ie Mason Rudolph (bigger and better arm and more mature) and he's a 2nd round pick-maybe.

There wasn't one Big XII defensive player drafted in the first round and chances are there won't be one in the second round. The Big XII isn't known for Defense.

Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, and Tyron Taylor are the QBs of the AFC North..
Q: Which one is the worst?
A: Tyrod Taylor and he will be the starter over the Browns #1 OVERALL draft pick. INSANITY in that pick. It makes Bob Griffin III & Brandon Weedan & Tim Teebow look like draft day steals.

Mason Rudolph is the BEST QB in the draft. He is NFL size with the strongest arm. The league still blows my mind when Bryce Petty wasn't really given a chance.

What do you mean "MAY have blown another pick?" The owner Hasslet has done it again. He picked Johnny Football and he's picked this guy. I guess if you got enough $$$$$ you don't care if you've went 1-31 the last 2 seasons which is why they didn't fire the coach with the worst record in NFL history..

Anybody with common sense and watching college football knows:
1. Big XII QBs don't translate and do well in the NFL. The list gets longer every year.
2. Questionable/immature behavior with multiple incidents and examples doesn't win at the qb position in the NFL.

I guess like in NASCAR, the car wreck is something everyone wants to watch in football too.
Lets be honest tho, how many people watch the draft to see the Browns screw up a pick??

Might be poetic justice for BM. Lots of QB tombstones on the Lake.

Unless the Browns offensive line has pulled a Lazarus, Mayfield is headed for Cleveland Clinic by game 3. I think Mayfield has the tools to be a good NFL QB. But in Cleveland that's a tremendous mountain to climb.
But I'm waiting for any Mountaineer to be drafted. Hell, Alabama had 4 of the first-round picks. A quality program draws quality recruits. That's a given.

1968 Monongah High state title team QB is clearly the best coach with the best program in college football. And he still helps the folks back home without national publicity for it. Every year.

Browns are terrible at the draft which is a big reason why they are terrible.
The notion that RBs shouldn't be taken early or first is flawed. When you have a sure thing like Saquon you pick him.
Or, take: Chubb. 2 out of 3 of Darnold, Allen and Rosen would've been available then at 4.

The Browns strike out drafting QBs. Maybe they needed to rethink that and should've gotten two non-qbs at 1 and 4 like 2 out of these: Chubb, Saquon, Ward, Roquan Smith. Then, just trade for a decent qb that already has a track record.
The Browns are on permanent reset with the constant QB shuffling as a result of guessing in the draft.

I might be wrong, but, I think the Browns may well have blown another pick. I can imagine Mayfield being another Manzel. Not basing this on skills just the Brown's past history and Mayfield's questionable charactor.

Mason Rudolph is the BEST QB in the draft. He is NFL size with the strongest arm. The league still blows my mind when Bryce Petty wasn't really given a chance.

I can't say Rudolph is the best in the draft. I do believe he was the best out of the Big XII and the state of Oklahoma. Rudolph hasn't been arrested nor made didn't make an ass of himself entering his final year of college as a team leader.

The reason I won't say Rudolph is the best in the draft is the Big XII will probably not have 1 player drafted in the 1st 2 rounds (64 picks). Plus he plays in Shotgun 95% of the time & the offenses are primarily a simple read system based on defensive schemes that you can't disguise too well in college.

There isn't a lot of pro style qb in college ball anymore. It's throwers and athletes playing qb.

The best qb prospect in this draft may be the guy out of Richmond Kyle Lelutta.

If you want a qb that will be an NFL QB, he's got to be above all intelligent, decent arm is a must, and durable-which means big and thick . My next door neighbor married an NFL QB out of Marshall who had everything but the Big and thick and he got injured a lot. I don't think Josh Rosen is that good of a pick cause he missed games in college due to durability. Why does anyone think he will durable vs Bigger, Faster, Stronger, & more PED aided defensive players?

Lets be honest tho, how many people watch the draft to see the Browns screw up a pick??

What's really sad to say is the Browns are coming off 1-31 last 2 years & are worse today than the were when they were reborn like an expansion franchise after the Old Browns became the Ravens. How can one franchise screw up for what 19 out of 20 seasons. How many bad picks can they make? Bill Belicheck has 5 Superbowls but more impressive actually won the last playoff game in Cleveland.

No wonder the Steelers and Ravens have been so Good. They get to play the Bungals and the Browns 4 games a season!

The Browns should have picked Barkley on the first pick then pick up a quarterback on their fourth pick. Dumb move Browns
No running is worth #1 pick cash. If you take a QB #1 and sign him to a rookie contract and he excels you have a bargain for 4-5 years. His next contract will be astronomical. For the first 4-5 years you have him for pennies on the market-value dollar. If you take a RB #1 and sign him to a rookie contract and he excels you paid market value for a top NFL RB. His next contract will be about the same.

Browns are terrible at the draft which is a big reason why they are terrible.
The notion that RBs shouldn't be taken early or first is flawed. When you have a sure thing like Saquon you pick him.
Or, take: Chubb. 2 out of 3 of Darnold, Allen and Rosen would've been available then at 4.

The Browns strike out drafting QBs. Maybe they needed to rethink that and should've gotten two non-qbs at 1 and 4 like 2 out of these: Chubb, Saquon, Ward, Roquan Smith. Then, just trade for a decent qb that already has a track record.
The Browns are on permanent reset with the constant QB shuffling as a result of guessing in the draft.
It's funny. The Browns' fan base loves to tout the glory days of Jim Brown and the at least exciting days of Bernie Kosar. (disclaimer: I'm not a fan of the NFL but, having been born and raised in Clarksburg I do pull for the Steelers, a habit from my misspent youth. Perhaps needless to say, I loath the Browns' fan base. Actually I loath all things Ohio sports related except the Indians, whom I love.) In the interest of full disclosure I digressed; anyway given the complete adulation of Jim Brown among said fan base I couldn't help thinking when they picked Mayfield instead of Saquon that they may have just passed on their chance at a new Jim Brown. Que Sera. By the way, even among the delusional dog pound denizens the pick is not going over all that well up here.

I agree. Mayfield will not be a good NFL qb. He’s not tall enough and not a pure pocket passer. His scrambling/running ability made him a threat at the college level but the NFL needs pure passers.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Unless the Browns offensive line has pulled a Lazarus, Mayfield is headed for Cleveland Clinic by game 3. I think Mayfield has the tools to be a good NFL QB. But in Cleveland that's a tremendous mountain to climb.
But I'm waiting for any Mountaineer to be drafted. Hell, Alabama had 4 of the first-round picks. A quality program draws quality recruits. That's a given.

1968 Monongah High state title team QB is clearly the best coach with the best program in college football. And he still helps the folks back home without national publicity for it. Every year.

Another shot at WVU. Priceless. You’re a WVU troll and you don’t even know it. With fans like you it’s no wonder Holgy hates some of you guys. Sir you support the Big12 Conference more than you support WVU. You just don’t realize it.

No running is worth #1 pick cash. If you take a QB #1 and sign him to a rookie contract and he excels you have a bargain for 4-5 years. His next contract will be astronomical. For the first 4-5 years you have him for pennies on the market-value dollar. If you take a RB #1 and sign him to a rookie contract and he excels you paid market value for a top NFL RB. His next contract will be about the same.

Not because of the cash band geek. It’s because you don’t rebuild a NFL franchise through the RB position. You obviously don’t understand Pro football.

I can't say Rudolph is the best in the draft. I do believe he was the best out of the Big XII and the state of Oklahoma. Rudolph hasn't been arrested nor made didn't make an ass of himself entering his final year of college as a team leader.

The reason I won't say Rudolph is the best in the draft is the Big XII will probably not have 1 player drafted in the 1st 2 rounds (64 picks). Plus he plays in Shotgun 95% of the time & the offenses are primarily a simple read system based on defensive schemes that you can't disguise too well in college.

There isn't a lot of pro style qb in college ball anymore. It's throwers and athletes playing qb.

The best qb prospect in this draft may be the guy out of Richmond Kyle Lelutta.

If you want a qb that will be an NFL QB, he's got to be above all intelligent, decent arm is a must, and durable-which means big and thick . My next door neighbor married an NFL QB out of Marshall who had everything but the Big and thick and he got injured a lot. I don't think Josh Rosen is that good of a pick cause he missed games in college due to durability. Why does anyone think he will durable vs Bigger, Faster, Stronger, & more PED aided defensive players?

I just feel that his size and giving him a team where they sling it like the Steelers do, he should flourish. Even Ronnie Millsap can see that Big Ben is nearing his close and then Rudolph COULD fill that gap well in an otherwise successful offense.

So your neighbor married Pennington?

I agree Rudolph could do well, and should especially in a good organization like the Steelers. He will have the best opportunity for success out of the top 6 picks in this draft. He can learn and he's at a quality organization.

I should have said my childhood neighbor married Pennington. I went to school with her for 12 years. I don't live there anymore. He's a pretty good guy. I've seen him there around the Holidays a few times. Interesting her family and her Dad was a big WVU fan, even in 97 when he got sacked like 5 or so times in Morgantown.

Chad just couldn't take the hits from Roided up, PED & HGH using defensive players over consecutive multiple NFL seasons. It's why he won comeback player of the year at least twice

I agree Rudolph could do well, and should especially in a good organization like the Steelers. He will have the best opportunity for success out of the top 6 picks in this draft. He can learn and he's at a quality organization.

I should have said my childhood neighbor married Pennington. I went to school with her for 12 years. I don't live there anymore. He's a pretty good guy. I've seen him there around the Holidays a few times. Interesting her family and her Dad was a big WVU fan, even in 97 when he got sacked like 5 or so times in Morgantown.

Chad just couldn't take the hits from Roided up, PED & HGH using defensive players over consecutive multiple NFL seasons. It's why he won comeback player of the year at least twice

Yes, Nate Terry did a pretty damn good job on Moss that game. Pennington was a very good QB and did well in the pros as well.

LOL AT FAKE NEWS AND THE GOOFS THAT LISTEN TO IT HAHA.

Might want to tap the brakes on that.

Patriot fans have been quoted saying the same thing.

Several in the NE camp liked Mayfield performance against the Buckeyes in the worst road game arena in CB.
The Buckeyes put about 6 or 8 of their starters in the NFL this year. Not an ugly team.

BM Reminded them of a younger TB.

Another shot at WVU. Priceless. You’re a WVU troll and you don’t even know it. With fans like you it’s no wonder Holgy hates some of you guys. Sir you support the Big12 Conference more than you support WVU. You just don’t realize it.

Those who know me are rolling in the Mountaineer Field aisles laughing over that claim. I once finished second to the legendary Big Cat in a WVU forum poll for #1 WVU fan BY ONE VOTE. Every piece of clothing I own has WV on it. So does my double grave marker with my wife already resting under it. My Ohio license plate is JO 4 WVU . I've had season tickets for Mountaineer Fieldf for more than two decades. "A shot at WVU." Ha! But I do notice that you like to piss on posters on this board a lot so I won't take it personally. It's just your personality dysfunction.

Reactions: Phil
Those who know me are rolling in the Mountaineer Field aisles laughing over that claim. I once finished second to the legendary Big Cat in a WVU forum poll for #1 WVU fan BY ONE VOTE. Every piece of clothing I own has WV on it. So does my double grave marker with my wife already resting under it. My Ohio license plate is JO 4 WVU . I've had season tickets for Mountaineer Fieldf for more than two decades. "A shot at WVU." Ha! But I do notice that you like to piss on posters on this board a lot so I won't take it personally. It's just your personality dysfunction.

You just don’t post like WVU is more important than the Big12. You claim to have a respected background in journalism too but are as unprofessional as I’ve seen so your claims don’t mean much to me.

I just feel that his size and giving him a team where they sling it like the Steelers do, he should flourish. Even Ronnie Millsap can see that Big Ben is nearing his close and then Rudolph COULD fill that gap well in an otherwise successful offense.

So your neighbor married Pennington?

BR announced he’s playing at least 3 more years. That means year 5 haha. Check your facts.

You just don’t post like WVU is more important than the Big12. You claim to have a respected background in journalism too but are as unprofessional as I’ve seen so your claims don’t mean much to me.
Coming from you and your lack of credibility, that's a compliment even though you don't know it. I'll cry all the way to my portfolio.

Coming from you and your lack of credibility, that's a compliment even though you don't know it. I'll cry all the way to my portfolio.

Listen Eers we’ve had this conversation before. Don’t talk money with me sir. That might work for ya with some of the kids on here but your eyes would blow out if you paid my lifestyle for one month haha.

We good sir?

Listen Eers we’ve had this conversation before. Don’t talk money with me sir. That might work for ya with some of the kids on here but your eyes would blow out if you paid my lifestyle for one month haha.

We good sir?
Lol. You such a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT