ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Baker checks all the boxes for West Virginia athletic director

Honestly I was impressed with him. I've heard good things from those that have spent time in private meetings as well. You never know what you're truly getting but so far it looks good.
That is awesome. Its obvious he's a very smart dude. I hope he thrives in Morgantown.

Reactions: locustwv and Vernon
I think he will thrive. Don't know how long he stays but he has innovative ways of raising money. Not sure he can do the other side of it in managing the athletics. Yet to be sign on both I guess.

Reactions: locustwv
I think he will thrive. Don't know how long he stays but he has innovative ways of raising money. Not sure he can do the other side of it in managing the athletics. Yet to be sign on both I guess.
Raising money is big deal. Fans will mostly measure his success by the next football coach hire. There is a lot more to it though.

For people wondering why Shane was pushed out. He was unwilling to accept the fact that NIL is being used as a recruiting factor.

In addition to assessing which team facility possesses the most bells and whistles, high school prospects and transfers are going to think about, Well, what’s my opportunity at Texas compared to Texas A&M or at Florida compared to Miami?

Programs aligned with the most deep-pocketed boosters that are willing to push the envelope in using NIL as a recruiting tool are ideally positioned to thrive. Schools are calling the best players and telling him, here is what we will give you if you come here and not stay at such and such school. At the end of the day, that’s just real life. If we don’t do anything about it, within a year you lose him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT