ADVERTISEMENT

B1G players demand cut of new contact $$

1duluth1

Sophomore
Apr 5, 2005
N.VA (Originally- Princeton, W.V.)
This sounds like MLB, NBA, or NFL player union negotiations - demand a certain % of revenue.
Goodbye, college sports. I enjoyed you since my first Mountaineer game in 1977. R.I.P. 2022.

College football players group talks with Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren, demands include share of revenue​

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Lol— but it’s ok to pay coaches, Ads, etc.

The schools that choose to not provide athletes bringing in the revenues will lose the athletes and lose their own revenues.

Dont think you’ll see too many cutting their own income just to spite athletes they’ve never had to share a cut with, not gonna happen.

For the coaches it's their job. Do you work for free? I can see players making money outside of school no big deal except it legalizes cheating by big pocket Alumni. The conferences are making money off of media not the players. NIL has nothing to do with the schools.

Look for the next thing to be separation from NCAA and then a commissioner hired.

This would be the end of it for sure! If we start paying players then they need to pay their own way to school! And their own meals, books and all the other costs involved with college!

And if that happens, the non-revenue athletes aren't going to be paid as much as they're paying to go to college. The more this becomes a free market the less reason there is to have non-revenue sports.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
And if that happens, the non-revenue athletes aren't going to be paid as much as they're paying to go to college. The more this becomes a free market the less reason there is to have non-revenue sports.
Look for unions for the players in the not to distant future.

If they want that then they need to pay into the facility upgrades that they enjoy every day at their schools. That shit didn't grow on trees.

Reactions: LetsGoBrandon
If they want that then they need to pay into the facility upgrades that they enjoy every day at their schools. That shit didn't grow on trees.
Since football players get their own, personal water park - yea, let them chip in on costs.

>>...the University of Central Florida’s new pool amenity, called “Recovery Cove,” is designed to be used primarily by student athletes, who study, eat, train, and compete in a confined space. The addition of this feature—a 470-foot-long lazy river and 2,680-square-foot, zero-entry connected pool—offers student athletes a place to relax and socialize...<<

Or better yet, just quit going to games and watching on tv! When the money goes, so will the sports! And it is going to go. Why would anyone watch or participate when your team has no chance to win at all!

and the No revenue sports- I would think they would be gone really quick! Who would pay for their activity!

someone said it a long time ago- no scholarships. If you want to play pay your own way! All events charge enough to pay expenses! Coaches get paid the same as professors and must teach a full load as well!

you would see how fast then nfl and nba would create their own minor leagues! Right now they just milk the colleges for all it is worth!

Reactions: 1duluth1
Or better yet, just quit going to games and watching on tv! When the money goes, so will the sports! And it is going to go. Why would anyone watch or participate when your team has no chance to win at all!

and the No revenue sports- I would think they would be gone really quick! Who would pay for their activity!

someone said it a long time ago- no scholarships. If you want to play pay your own way! All events charge enough to pay expenses! Coaches get paid the same as professors and must teach a full load as well!

you would see how fast then nfl and nba would create their own minor leagues! Right now they just milk the colleges for all it is worth!
College sports are worth fighting for. The efforts need to be on a state level since most of these entities are state institutions that apparently feel they don't have to answer to their own tax payers. Unfortunately change will also require the "haves" (Alabama, Georgia, etc) to truly advocate for the "have nots" as well.

The SEC and B10 need to understand that a fan in WV or Kansas won't watch CFB if their team is completely locked out from the chance to equally compete. If this became a elitist group of 24 teams and FL, TX, and MI all have 2 teams in it, then the vast majority of states aren't going to care about college sports anymore.

College sports are worth fighting for. The efforts need to be on a state level since most of these entities are state institutions that apparently feel they don't have to answer to their own tax payers. Unfortunately change will also require the "haves" (Alabama, Georgia, etc) to truly advocate for the "have nots" as well.

The SEC and B10 need to understand that a fan in WV or Kansas won't watch CFB if their team is completely locked out from the chance to equally compete. If this became a elitist group of 24 teams and FL, TX, and MI all have 2 teams in it, then the vast majority of states aren't going to care about college sports anymore.
You could solve a lot of this by making the schools pay taxes on all this revenue.

Making the players pay taxes on scholarships would help also.

This sounds like MLB, NBA, or NFL player union negotiations - demand a certain % of revenue.
Goodbye, college sports. I enjoyed you since my first Mountaineer game in 1977. R.I.P. 2022.

College football players group talks with Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren, demands include share of revenue​

Another sport I can stop watching I guess, keep having more and more time to do other things with my life, which is good.

This is more of the "I deserve to be rich" mentality of the younger generations. Why play 4 years to earn your first professional paycheck when you can demand it when you join a college team who's predominant value is actually the alumni's passion for the program and not specific players? Hopefully if they get the money they invest it in crypto or buy more crap than they can afford, and then they can beg congress to bail them out because those outcomes weren't fair either.

Only thing they will invest in is baggy pants, crooked hats and gold chains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT