ADVERTISEMENT

Ashli Babbitt Change of Venue

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
A court has transferred the wrongful death suit filed by the family of Ashli Babbitt from her home jurisdiction of Southern California to Washington, DC, where she was killed by law enforcement while taking part in the riots at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

The Department of Justice's request to make the move was approved in April, and June 12, the case was transferred electronically to the District of Columbia. Two days later, all the relevant documents were received.

The case will now be overseen by Judge Jia Cobb, who was appointed to the bench in November 2021 by the Biden administration.

If they haven't already, they should give that policeman a medal for defending himself and government employees against the violent MAGA domestic terrorists.

If they haven't already, they should give that policeman a medal for defending himself and government employees against the violent MAGA domestic terrorists.
Yea...she had no gun...she was no threat...she never put her hands on him...or even advanced toward him...she was climbing thru a broken window...he could have easily grabbed her and taken her into custody.
The trigger happy low IQ security guard should have his ass put in jail. The moron also made headlines in 2019 for leaving his loaded gun in a Capitol restroom.

Last edited:
she had no gun
This is so stupid. How was he supposed to know that? How about the next one behind her? He had a job to do and he did it. She made a terrible choice. You're typical MAGA, no respect for law enforcement officers. Lots of police officers beaten and injured that day and only one MAGA got shot and killed. I'd say pretty good day for MAGA death/injury wise. Could have been much worse.

This is so stupid. How was he supposed to know that? How about the next one behind her? He had a job to do and he did it. She made a terrible choice. You're typical MAGA, no respect for law enforcement officers. Lots of police officers beaten and injured that day and only one MAGA got shot and killed. I'd say pretty good day for MAGA death/injury wise. Could have been much worse.
First rule, know what you are shooting at. He just pointed his gun from the side, it's on video. If he were white he'd be in jail. Esp of it were a black woman.

• Haha
Reactions: bornaneer and moe
I NEVER said what she/they did on Jan 6th was right...IT WAS WRONG. Why was she the only protester shot ? There were several other security agents looking at what she and others were doing...none of them fired any shots .
This trigger happy dumb ass should have been thrown in jail.
There were ZERO police officers beaten...one was hit by a thrown fire extinguisher and slightly injured. How did you arrive at " lots of police officers beaten and injured" ? Prove it.
BTW...unlike you...I respect all police officers...as I have several in the family...And unlike you I fully support increased pay and increased numbers.
Bottom line...this low IQ nut was wrong.

There were ZERO police officers beaten...one was hit by a thrown fire extinguisher and slightly injured. How did you arrive at " lots of police officers beaten and injured" ? Prove it.
Wow, just wow. No wonder it's so easy for you to defend Jan 6 rioters, you have no idea what happened that day. Watch the whole video below which is just a tiny sample. There are lots of articles and video out there.

GAO says 114 Capitol Police officers reported injuries on Jan. 6

At least 17 police officers remain out of work with injuries from the Capitol attack

In total, more than 150 officers were injured in the attack: 86 Capitol Police officers reported injuries, the sources said, along with 65 members of the Metropolitan Police Department, Chief Robert Contee testified in January. Contee also said that even more D.C. police officers sustained injuries they "did not even bother to report," including scratches, bruises and eyes burned from chemical spray.

Violence that day left officers with head wounds, cracked ribs and smashed spinal disks, according to Capitol Police Labor Committee Chairman Gus Papathanasiou. Court documents in the federal criminal investigation describe a number of alleged assaults that sent officers to the hospital.

One Metropolitan Police officer, identified in court documents only as "A.W." said he was pulled into the crowd, kicked, hit with poles and stomped on by several individuals. He emerged from the crowd bleeding from his head, with a laceration that required two staples to close.

Riot defendant and former Green Beret Jeffrey McKellop allegedly assaulted four officers, shoving a flagpole into an officer's face and then throwing it like a "spear," causing a laceration near the officer's left eye, prosecutors said. McKellop has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Officer Mike Fanone, a D.C. Metropolitan police officer, penned a letter in May about his ongoing trauma after he was pulled into a crowd, beaten and repeatedly Tased on January 6. Prosecutors have said that as a result of being attacked in the crowd, Fanone lost consciousness and was subsequently hospitalized for his injuries.

"Since then I have struggled with many aspects of that day. As the physical injuries gradually subsided," Fanone wrote, "in crept the psychological trauma."

A congressional source told CBS News, "Keep in mind that PTSD experienced by officers as a result can be reported as injuries after the fact so the number could go up."

Pro-Trump rioters beat and stomped DC police officer with American flag pole

Wow, just wow. No wonder it's so easy for you to defend Jan 6 rioters, you have no idea what happened that day. Watch the whole video below which is just a tiny sample. There are lots of articles and video out there.

GAO says 114 Capitol Police officers reported injuries on Jan. 6

At least 17 police officers remain out of work with injuries from the Capitol attack

In total, more than 150 officers were injured in the attack: 86 Capitol Police officers reported injuries, the sources said, along with 65 members of the Metropolitan Police Department, Chief Robert Contee testified in January. Contee also said that even more D.C. police officers sustained injuries they "did not even bother to report," including scratches, bruises and eyes burned from chemical spray.

Violence that day left officers with head wounds, cracked ribs and smashed spinal disks, according to Capitol Police Labor Committee Chairman Gus Papathanasiou. Court documents in the federal criminal investigation describe a number of alleged assaults that sent officers to the hospital.

One Metropolitan Police officer, identified in court documents only as "A.W." said he was pulled into the crowd, kicked, hit with poles and stomped on by several individuals. He emerged from the crowd bleeding from his head, with a laceration that required two staples to close.

Riot defendant and former Green Beret Jeffrey McKellop allegedly assaulted four officers, shoving a flagpole into an officer's face and then throwing it like a "spear," causing a laceration near the officer's left eye, prosecutors said. McKellop has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Officer Mike Fanone, a D.C. Metropolitan police officer, penned a letter in May about his ongoing trauma after he was pulled into a crowd, beaten and repeatedly Tased on January 6. Prosecutors have said that as a result of being attacked in the crowd, Fanone lost consciousness and was subsequently hospitalized for his injuries.

"Since then I have struggled with many aspects of that day. As the physical injuries gradually subsided," Fanone wrote, "in crept the psychological trauma."

A congressional source told CBS News, "Keep in mind that PTSD experienced by officers as a result can be reported as injuries after the fact so the number could go up."

Pro-Trump rioters beat and stomped DC police officer with American flag pole
I never defended anyone...I said the rioters were wrong. You continue to defend the nut that murdered an UNARMED women.
Hell half the DC Police were probably injured...laughable....but here is the real deal...maybe you can figure it out ;

BTW...show me the autopsy report that states FIVE homicides.

• Haha
Reactions: moe
Yea...she had no gun...she was no threat...she never put her hands on him...or even advanced toward him...she was climbing thru a broken window...he could have easily grabbed her and taken her into custody.
The trigger happy low IQ security guard should have his ass put in jail. The moron also made headlines in 2019 for leaving his loaded gun in a Capitol restroom.
It wasn't just some security guard. He was a high ranking member of the Capitol Police.

Reactions: Airport
Bigtime. This is going in a trash can.
I'll give you some credit for having a few brain cell left in your head...What did you think was going to happen when Garland ordered the change of venue to D.C. ? Why do you think the trial was moved to D.C. ?

I'll give you some credit for having a few brain cell left in your head...What did you think was going to happen when Garland ordered the change of venue to D.C. ? Why do you think the trial was moved to D.C. ?
DC is the only federal court in America where the DOJ can win its political persecution agenda

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Everything is political, "rigged" or a conspiracy with you and most MAGA types. Ever consider that the case has no merit if it's a fail? Do you enjoy going through life thinking that no one can be honest or fair? it sure comes in handy when things don't go your way. Donnie taught you well. So, because you don't know why the trial was moved, that somehow makes the move shady? No it just means you're a low-info conspiracy theorist suggesting (w/o evidence) that somehow the Babbitt family won't get justice due to the move. Not a lawyer but not surprised it was moved to where the events occurred. Keep us posted.

I never defended anyone
?? Scroll up and read about you defending Babbitt and the rioters generally by falsely saying there were hardly any injuries to police suggesting that the rioters were less violent than they actually were. Sure, many were peaceful insurrectionists but many were very violent against police and most of those are getting well-deserved long prison sentences.

?? Scroll up and read about you defending Babbitt and the rioters generally by falsely saying there were hardly any injuries to police suggesting that the rioters were less violent than they actually were. Sure, many were peaceful insurrectionists but many were very violent against police and most of those are getting well-deserved long prison sentences.
I was wrong about the assaults on the police...your provided proof...you are/were correct. Those who assaulted the police should be sent to jail...I never said they shouldn't.
The security who killed the unarmed women should be charged at least with using unnecessary use of a firearm.

Reactions: Airport
I was wrong about the assaults on the police...your provided proof...you are/were correct. Those who assaulted the police should be sent to jail...I never said they shouldn't.
The security who killed the unarmed women should be charged at least with using unnecessary use of a firearm.
The Babbit shooting was completely unrelated to the rioting that was going on outside the Capitol. I mean there is video of the whole situation and you are correct it was unnecessary. Any decent cop would agree

Reactions: bornaneer
I NEVER said what she/they did on Jan 6th was right...IT WAS WRONG. Why was she the only protester shot ? There were several other security agents looking at what she and others were doing...none of them fired any shots .
Andy Griffith only allowed Barney Fife to carry one bullet...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT