ADVERTISEMENT

Article of Big 12 going beyond 12 after Texas, Oklahoma leave is nonsene

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
The new TV contract beefs up the payout at $10 million more for each of the 12 members after Longhorns and Sooners leave.

Adding more PAC teams after that will NOT add to the per-team total from TV!

Why bring in new teams if you means the current members lose money?

There will be another contract in 6 years, plus pro rata doesn’t mean you can’t get more if you add more, it’s a minimum.

Stability comes with more schools though- especially if they get the conference into more media windows like ASU, Utah, Arizona and CU would.

There will be another contract in 6 years, plus pro rata doesn’t mean you can’t get more if you add more, it’s a minimum.

Stability comes with more schools though- especially if they get the conference into more media windows like ASU, Utah, Arizona and CU would.

I ONLY GO BY HOW MUCH MORE WVU WILL GET IF THEY ADD TEAMS. PERIOD. IF YOU DON'T ADD ENOUGH $$$ TO PAY CURRENT MEMBERS AS MUCH OR MORE, WHAT'S THE POINT?

I ONLY GO BY HOW MUCH MORE WVU WILL GET IF THEY ADD TEAMS. PERIOD. IF YOU DON'T ADD ENOUGH $$$ TO PAY CURRENT MEMBERS AS MUCH OR MORE, WHAT'S THE POINT?
Stability of WVUs conference which will allow WVU to continue making more money each year for years into the future

so my fingers hit an "R" instead of a "T." You sure work hard to nitpick people you don't like because they are right when you're wrong. Back to your guitar for pennies life!

so my fingers hit an "R" instead of a "T." You sure work hard to nitpick people you don't like because they are right when you're wrong. Back to your guitar for pennies life!
You seem to make a habit of hitting the wrong keys along with a complete disregard for editing lol. Thankfully you were never a professional writer/journalist!!

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The new TV contract beefs up the payout at $10 million more for each of the 12 members after Longhorns and Sooners leave.

The Big 12 new deal does have a pro-rata clause for expansion of teams from current power five leagues. So, essentially it covers for the Pac-12 teams if they would add them and everybody would make the same amount of money per team added.
Yes it does.

Glad to hear adding teams won't reduce WVU's annual Big 12 payout. Didn't see that in articles I read. I only judge every proposed move by what it means for my alma mater. Thank you for the info.

Learn to count

ADVERTISEMENT