ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Could be Closing in on Coaching Hire

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/arkansas-could-be-closing-in-on-coaching-hire/

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Arkansas could be closing in on a coaching hire after reportedly spending approximately four hours on Sunday meeting with Florida Atlantic head coach Lane Kiffin in Boca Raton.

Kiffin has coached FAU to a 9-3 mark and spot in the Conference USA Championship Game. If hired Kiffin would bring a vast amount of experience at various levels to Arkansas.

At Arkansas, Kiffin will be given the money to hire a very capable staff. One former member of his staff at FAU, Kendal Briles, could be reunited with Kiffin at Arkansas. Briles spent this past season at Florida State. He is considered a great recruiter with extensive ties to The Lone Star State. Briles played at Texas and Houston. He has been an assistant at both Baylor and Houston. He was the offensive coordinator for the Owls and Kiffin 2017 when they went 11-3. They beat Akron 50-3 in the Boca Raton Bowl.

Kiffin’s defensive line coach at FAU is Lance Thompson, who coached with him at Alabama. Thompson, likewise, is considered an elite recruiter.

I’ll never get the fascination with this guy and why ANY P5 school given his record would hire him. If you can’t beat Doc Holiday every time, you probably can’t ever beat Nick Saban, Gus Malzagn, Jimbo Fisher, or Farmer Fred at LSU.

I’ll never get the fascination with this guy and why ANY P5 school given his record would hire him. If you can’t beat Doc Holiday every time, you probably can’t ever beat Nick Saban, Gus Malzagn, Jimbo Fisher, or Farmer Fred at LSU.

Frank Broyles (144-58-5) was the most successful coach at Arkansas with a National Championship in 1964.

Arkansas hasn't beaten those teams much anyway.
Last win over Alabama 2006. Alabama has a 23-7 over Arkansas.
Auburn is 17-11-1 last Hogs win 2015
Arkansas leads series over TAMU 41-32-3 (2011 was last win)

November 23, 2007 the Razorbacks beat then top-ranked, and eventual BCS National Championship game winner LSU 50-48 in three overtimes in Baton Rouge.

LSU leads, 41–22–2. The last time Hogs won 2015.

Arkansas has had some great coaches that either retired there or moved elsewhere and continued being successful.

I don't think they will hire Kiffin. But I've bee wrong before.

Petrino has pretty much destroyed a decent program.

Arkansas All-time record 716–504–40 (.584) to compare WVU All-time record 755–498–45 (.599)

Reactions: 3xWVUenginEER
Because they are listening to the tREC.
Bama has been promoting Kiffin for awhile in the SEC. They tried to get LSU to hire him.

Even Bama is afraid of Arkansas.
They screwed them out of a win a few years ago. One of the most outrageous screw jobs in recent history
But unlike LSU fans and boosters the Piggies still think Bama is their friend.

Kiffin will run that program even further into the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT