ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona school choice

Brian Kemp in Georgia...are you listening? This will win the city of Atlanta and Fulton and DeKalb counties for you!

Perfect! I hope this expands exponentially.
Yes! We need to break up the government monopoly on education. They can compete for dollars just like private schools do. The more competition the better, particularly for poor Parents who simply can't afford to take their kids out of failing government schools. This will help them find better private schools or spur new lost cost alternatives that improve the quality of their children's education.

Don't forget what Grandpa creepy Joe once said:

Right creepy Joe, you're absolutely racist, but also 100% correct! So why don't you get your worthless party to stop blocking school choice vouchers Hmmmm?????

Well atl....I do have those radical Leftists in the Teacher's union to answer to 'ya know?
iu

Hey creepy Joe...just tell those radical Teacher's union thugs there's a new Sheriff in town, dedicated to making sure poor kids learn just as much as White kids! :rolleyes:

Get real atl...
iu

So, the majority of public schools are "failing"?
Yes.
Here watch this...(I can't prove it) but I'll 100% guarantee they were NOT educated in Private schools!

I'd be willing to 100% guarantee those kids in that video are products of government run schools. It's hard for me to believe they were educated in private schools, and can't even name three countries in North America (US of course being the main one?)

Yup, bet 'ya they went to government schools. Now to be sure their abject stupidity is not an indictment on all government schools, nor is it to say all students in them are as dumb as those kids are/were. However they did likely come from government schools, and I doubt they are exceptions of the type of product those Left wing indoctrination centers produce. Their ignorance is not by accident.

I'll also 100% guarantee every single one of them could tell you what "gay pride day" is all about... even what day it is? Or what does the acronym LGBTQ(plus) mean? Again, that's no accident.

Last edited:
Yes.
Here watch this...(I can't prove it) but I'll 100% guarantee they were NOT educated in Private schools!

I'd be willing to 100% guarantee those kids in that video are products of government run schools. It's hard for me to believe they were educated in private schools, and can't even name three countries in North America (US of course being the main one?)

Yup, bet 'ya they went to government schools. Now to be sure their abject stupidity is not an indictment on all government schools, nor is it to say all students in them are as dumb as those kids are/were. However they did likely come from government schools, and I doubt they are exceptions of the type of product those Left wing indoctrination centers produce. Their ignorance is not by accident.

I'll also 100% guarantee every single one of them could tell you what "gay pride day" is all about... even what day it is? Or what does the acronym LGBTQ(plus) means? Again, that's no accident.
Does this mean a condemnation of all private schools? Does this mean abuse happens at all private schools? (Do you know who this "braniac" is?) No, it doesn't. But the attack on public schools is getting old. My children attend a public school. And my oldest has a 30+ ACT score.

1_Paris-Hilton-throwback.jpg

paris-hilton-boarding-school-te-inline-201010.jpg

Does this mean a condemnation of all private schools? Does this mean abuse happens at all private schools? (Do you know who this "braniac" is?) No, it doesn't. But the attack on public schools is getting old. My children attend a public school. And my oldest has a 30+ ACT score.

1_Paris-Hilton-throwback.jpg

paris-hilton-boarding-school-te-inline-201010.jpg
You didn't read my post in #9 (did YOU attend government schools too?)

I issued this caveat to my assertion:
Now to be sure their abject stupidity is not an indictment on all government schools, nor is it to say all students in them are as dumb as those kids are/were. However they did likely come from government schools, and I doubt they are exceptions of the type of product those Left wing indoctrination centers produce. Their ignorance is not by accident.
I'm not "attacking" government run schools. Your kids probably attend a fine school, but on average government run schools are inferior to private schools. I can cite statistic after statistic which conclusively proves this but you and I have had this discussion before and it's pointless to rehash all that now.

My point is we need better schools period. I do not exclude Private schools from that assessment! Many are forced to close each year due to poor performance metrics, as it should be. How many government schools are forced to close because of poor performance?

I live near Atlanta. The largest city in Georgia, that spends the most per pupil than any other school district has the absolute worst performing schools in this State! That my friend is a fact. If there ever was a case for school choice vouchers, it's here in Atlanta. That's why I posted earlier ITT that I hope Brian Kemp follows Arizona's Governor's lead and takes up the crucible for school choice vouchers in this State. It would be a hit with many Atlanta parents, and parents in DeKalb, Clayton, Henry, Douglas, Rockdale, and other poorly performing counties in this State.

Tell me something @MountaineerWV , if the overall quality of education for BOTH public and private schools improves because of school choice vouchers where parents direct the education dollars to the schools doing the best jobs providing measurably superior instruction to their students, why oppose it?

You didn't read my post in #9 (did YOU attend government schools too?)

I issued this caveat to my assertion:

I'm not "attacking" government run schools. Your kids probably attend a fine school, but on average government run schools are inferior to private schools. I can cite statistic after statistic which conclusively proves this but you and I have had this discussion before and it's pointless to rehash all that now.

My point is we need better schools period. I do not exclude Private schools from that assessment! Many are forced to close each year due to poor performance metrics, as it should be. How many government schools are forced to close because of poor performance?

I live near Atlanta. The largest city in Georgia, that spends the most per pupil than any other school district has the absolute worst performing schools in this State! That my friend is a fact. If there ever was a case for school choice vouchers, it's here in Atlanta. That's why I posted earlier ITT that I hope Brian Kemp follows Arizona's Governor's lead and takes up the crucible for school choice vouchers in this State. It would be a hit with many Atlanta parents, and parents in DeKalb, Clayton, Henry, Douglas, Rockdale, and other poorly performing counties in this State.

Tell me something @MountaineerWV , if the overall quality of education for BOTH public and private schools improves because of school choice vouchers where parents direct the education dollars to the schools doing the best jobs providing measurably superior instruction to their students, why oppose it?
You don't "attack" public schools? How come I don't see you post about the private or charter schools that fold and fail each year, only about public schools?

You don't "attack" public schools? How come I don't see you post about the private or charter schools that fold and fail each year, only about public schools?
Simple...the majority of "failing" schools are run by the government. (they don't close btw, they just get more funding to keep failing)

(I tried to find some recent statistics for you in this one example...there is a veritable plethora of other data confirming what's chronicled here)

excerpt
Once again, low-income students in Kansas private schools outperform their public school counterparts on state assessments, this time from the 2021 state assessment results. KPI has shown here and here that economically disadvantaged students in private schools do better on the state tests than their public-school counterparts.

2021-state-assessment-public-private-comp-Table-1.png

2021-state-assessment-public-private-comp-Table-2.png

Keep in mind, this is an APPLES-TO-APPLES comparison. While not perfect, this analysis clearly shows that private schools outperform public schools on the same populations of kids. This isn’t about private schools “picking” their students. It’s about those kids outperforming their peers in public schools.

Full article

Look I'll be honest with you, I don't like government schools. Hardly anything government does it does well, and the way it screws up kids in the schools it runs is the reason why when parents can afford to, they put their kids into Private schools. You won't change my mind about that, as I'm sure I won't change your mind about how lousy most government education is run. I think there are some good people in there, however they're just trapped in a badly bureaucratized Union dominated system.

I think school choice vouchers addresses the deficiencies inherent in the top heavy one size fits all government run schools. Just as it is in private schools, administrators and teachers with the help of funding from parents determine the quality of education delivered and the results are tested and measured against other schools.

Those that do well expand and continue to attract quality teachers and students. Those that do not deliver measurable results, lose faculty and students and ultimately close due to failure. As it should be. I paid for my kid's education by sending them to Private schools. My Wife and I are very satisfied with the results for our 7 kids. It was expensive, but money well spent. Poor parents especially, and all parents honestly deserve to have that option too. Public or Private.

I think that's the solution. I've always favored school choice vouchers...Trump did too which is another reason why I supported him. I know you hated him, and maybe that's why you also don't like the idea of school choice vouchers? Thankfully you're outnumbered by those of us who support the idea, which is growing around the country.

Isn't Democracy wonderful?

I think poor kids should have their choice of schools just like rich kids do atl!
iu

Me too DJT....It's a winner...so are YOU!!!!! [thumbsup]

Haven’t read the specifics. I’d love it if it by way of a tax rebate and it had the tripling effect of reducing public school budgets, class size, and weakened the teacher’s Union.
Why do we even need teachers unions? Private schools get along fine without them. If teachers have a problem in one of them, it's handled at the source. If a teacher is not performing in a private school, they are not kept around long.

The exact opposite of all that happens in government schools, the worst part being it's nearly impossible to dismiss bad teachers. Let's not even get started on their politics or organizing for the Left. 😒

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Why do we even need teachers unions? Private schools get along fine without them. If teachers have a problem in one of them, it's handled at the source. If a teacher is not performing in a private school, they are not kept around long.

The exact opposite of all that happens in government schools, the worst part being it's nearly impossible to dismiss bad teachers. Let's not even get started on their politics or organizing for the Left. 😒
I understand & I'm all for school vouchers 100% . Having said that I think public schools are at a disadvantage. Aside from the indoctrination that goes on & teaching kids more about gay pride than balancing a check book , private schools have a big advantage, that is all the parents care about their kids, in public schools not so much . Ben Carson is a prime example of a child whose mom cared enough to push him . Public schools have parents who don't care , private schools have parents who do . & that is the key .

I understand & I'm all for school vouchers 100% . Having said that I think public schools are at a disadvantage. Aside from the indoctrination that goes on & teaching kids more about gay pride than balancing a check book , private schools have a big advantage, that is all the parents care about their kids, in public schools not so much . Ben Carson is a prime example of a child whose mom cared enough to push him . Public schools have parents who don't care , private schools have parents who do . & that is the key .
I agree with that, which is another reason why I believe vouchers helps solve that problem. Parents who don't care about their kid's education have no financial say in it (by way of their dollars). Putting them in charge of where those dollars are spent by default forces them to be more responsible for how the kids are educated.

We hold them responsible if they abuse or neglect those kids by not feeding them or providing them shelter correct? OK, so if they're responsible enough to at least feed and house them, why can't they be responsible enough to educate them too? I refuse to believe the vast majority of poor parents care absolutely nothing about their kids' education. Hell half of 'em would leave the squalor tomorrow if they had the means. They're trapped in poor and failing schools. Some true enough are pure deadbeats and don't care what their kids are learning, but you have that among the wealthy too. They're just better able to hide their irresponsibility.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I agree with that, which is another reason why I believe vouchers helps solve that problem. Parents who don't care about their kid's education have no financial say in it (by way of their dollars). Putting them in charge of where those dollars are spent by default forces them to be more responsible for how the kids are educated.

We hold them responsible if they abuse or neglect those kids by not feeding them or providing them shelter correct? OK, so if they're responsible enough to at least feed and house them, why can't they be responsible enough to educate them too? I refuse to believe the vast majority of poor parents care absolutely nothing about their kids' education. Hell half of 'em would leave the squalor tomorrow if they had the means. They're trapped in poor and failing schools. Some true enough are pure deadbeats and don't care what their kids are learning, but you have that among the wealthy too. They're just better able to hide their irresponsibility.
Middle class parents trying to keep up with the Jones family. Not that they don't care about their kids, they just care more about their wants .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT