ADVERTISEMENT

Are Toussaint and Stevenson better than Curry and McNeil?

The offensive weapon(s) are in the pipeline and yet to be announced. McNeil was not as productive this season (for several reasons) so rest your keyboard, Huggins is putting it back together.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Kinda seems like we downgraded.
Don't know much about new guys other than what I read. M2C Im saying total game they might be an upgrade. Curry a turnover machine and looked to score first. McNeil no rebounds or defense just three point shooter. So offense definitely a downgrade but rebounding , defense , passing , turnovers, I think will be an upgrade. Therefore potential better all around players.

McNeil is inconsistent and cant play D. Taz looked great against lesser teams, but when the B12 started he wasnt nearly as good. This team really didnt have much talent last season.

Reactions: pressvirginia
Does our offensive scheme need to change?
I'm not an expert on scheme or even close, but in my opinion Huggs should take this team back to Press Virginia and hang his hat on it until he retires. Even if we lose, its a very exciting brand of basketball and received a lot of nation hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: pressvirginia
They were also physically weak as well as mentally. No presence in the paint at all. Easy to defend.
The guys Huggs is getting seem to be defensive minded guys with a rep for being tough. So imo, if thats true then its an upgrade. We couldnt rebound or play D to save our lives last season, and Taz's hot shooting against small schools didnt sustain against good teams at all. Taz and McNeil would be good in 3pt competitions that have no one guarding them, but their overall talent wasnt much. They were both shooters in Jr College but the B12 ate them up.

Kinda seems like we downgraded.
Two completely different types of players. Toussaint is a better D and distributer. Better PG. Stevenson much better D, ball handler and slasher. McNeal was a typical catch and shoot.

Better? More like much different.

Two completely different types of players. Toussaint is a better D and distributer. Better PG. Stevenson much better D, ball handler and slasher. McNeal was a typical catch and shoot.

Better? More like much different.
How the hell do you know?

Lol...gullible fans...always believe that scorers are in the pipeline...castoffs from other programs are the new Larry Bird and Mucheal Jordan....and the program is cleansed of the deadwood. It's like a program on auto rerun.

Lol...gullible fans...always believe that scorers are in the pipeline...castoffs from other programs are the new Larry Bird and Mucheal Jordan....and the program is cleansed of the deadwood. It's like a program on auto rerun.
You bitch when we lose players and now we get some decent players and you call them castoffs from other programs.

What exactly do you want?

Sure...same "fan" reaction as always. Gullible.
Sure… same “fan” reaction as always. down any player that comes to the university with pessimistic comments. Same intelligent to approach being negative in hopes reverse psychology will produce positive results LOL.

it’s such a display of ignorance and also cowardice. So much easier having a loser mindset instead of taking a chance and actually putting something out there that could possibly be positive.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Sure… same “fan” reaction as always. down any player that comes to the university with pessimistic comments. Same intelligent to approach being negative in hopes reverse psychology will produce positive results LOL.

it’s such a display of ignorance and also cowardice. So much easier having a loser mindset instead of taking a chance and actually putting something out there that could possibly be positive.
Wow...that's just about the worst grammar I've ever seen in a post. Maybe you should consider a remedial English course. Lol.

Wow...that's just about the worst grammar I've ever seen in a post. Maybe you should consider a remedial English course. Lol.
You always ignore the content when you get called out...no wonder your biggest fan is turdboy and queencoal.

The answer to the OP thread title is Yes. But the bigger question... is Mitchell/Mathews better than Cottrell/Bridges? I's say, Yes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT