ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any Pre-season mags out there

We 'll never know for certain since you boys took a powder! Discretion being the better part of valor.

I agree. Without us playing though it helps us. We can claim to be the toughest without having to play that juggernaut out of Huntington. We can stick with Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, etc and not have to worry so much now. I think it was a smart plan.

Reactions: countryroads89
I agree. Without us playing though it helps us. We can claim to be the toughest without having to play that juggernaut out of Huntington. We can stick with Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, etc and not have to worry so much now. I think it was a smart plan.
No question since you've had such dominance over the teams you mentioned. I'd duck MU and play YSU at home if I were you boys.

No question since you've had such dominance over the teams you mentioned. I'd duck MU and play YSU at home if I were you boys.

I agree. I couldn't sleep for 2-3 days before WVU played Marshall. I was a nervous wreck thinking about what those WVU players were getting ready to go through. Yes, YSU at home is a much better option in my opinion.

I agree. I couldn't sleep for 2-3 days before WVU played Marshall. I was a nervous wreck thinking about what those WVU players were getting ready to go through. Yes, YSU at home is a much better option in my opinion.
Penguins are tough, nobody can say the Mounties don't play 'em all!

Penguins are tough, nobody can say the Mounties don't play 'em all!

I'm wondering which games on our future schedules we could drop to allow us to play Marshall. Penn State......Florida State.......Pitt........Virginia Tech ? Why should we be playing a bunch of teams like that, ones that no one has ever heard of when we could instead play the mighty Herd ? And to think of all the wasted opportunities when we were playing the likes of LSU, Alabama, Notre Dame and Brigham Young in years past when we could have played Marshall instead. We can only hope that Shane Lyons reads this board and wises up.......

Last edited:
I hope we stick to our guns. I don't think my heart could take another Marshall vs. WVU game. I say stick to the also rans of Florida State and Va. Tech and not to delve into these games that forces our players to play over their heads to win. Marshall after all is the Notre Dame of G-5 teams

I'm wondering which games on our future schedules we could drop to allow us to play Marshall. Penn State......Florida State.......Pitt........Virginia Tech ? Why should we be playing a bunch of teams like that, ones that no one has ever heard of when we could instead play the mighty Herd ? And to think of all the wasted opportunities when we were playing the likes of LSU, Alabama, Notre Dame and Brigham Young in years past when we could have played Marshall instead. We can only hope that Shane Lyons reads this board and wises up.......
Maybe your annual I-AA game!

I hope we stick to our guns. I don't think my heart could take another Marshall vs. WVU game. I say stick to the also rans of Florida State and Va. Tech and not to delve into these games that forces our players to play over their heads to win. Marshall after all is the Notre Dame of G-5 teams
Nah, it's just a game bro...had to talk many Mounties from jumping late in the game last time you boys worked up the nerve to visit Huntington. For a bunch that's never won anything, you boys take this stuff/ yourselves too seriously!

You're right. I could hardly breathe before the huge WVU / MU games. My health can't handle it anymore. Knowing my beloved Mountaineers have to go against the Notre Dame of G-5 teams is too much to bare. I am so glad that WVU decided to end this match up before it killed me.

You're right. I could hardly breathe before the huge WVU / MU games. My health can't handle it anymore. Knowing my beloved Mountaineers have to go against the Notre Dame of G-5 teams is too much to bare. I am so glad that WVU decided to end this match up before it killed me.

We would have still been playing Marshall if they had lived up to their promise of letting us bring our dogs when we're "askeert". Once we found out that they don't let dogs into the Joan.......that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

We would have still been playing Marshall if they had lived up to their promise of letting us bring our dogs when we're "askeert". Once we found out that they don't let dogs into the Joan.......that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
You can bring your dogs and musket firing mascot.....home and home , we'll send you boys the contract but won't hold my breath in regards to getting it back!

You can bring your dogs and musket firing mascot.....home and home , we'll send you boys the contract but won't hold my breath in regards to getting it back!

Your team isn't worthy of a home and home contract with us, or even a game at a neutral site. We tend to save that honor for P-5 programs, not bottom dwellers in CUSA.

We 'll never know for certain

You lost at home to UNCC (that stands for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte). It was their fourth season of having a football team.

I think we know.

But for a serious question: do you think you guys will win more than 3 games this year?

You lost at home to UNCC (that stands for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte). It was their fourth season of having a football team.

I think we know.

But for a serious question: do you think you guys will win more than 3 games this year?
Spain was once the most dominate world power...past is the past!

It's not like it is ancient history. It is only one year ago.

Give me a prediction for this year: over or under on the 3?
Over the bus Gus! How many yards will the Sooners rush for this season on poor Dana? I'd be tempted to say under 400 but wouldn't bet a dime on it!

Over the bus Gus! How many yards will the Sooners rush for this season on poor Dana? I'd be tempted to say under 400 but wouldn't bet a dime on it!

We know you will be watching that game. Your interest in the flagship football program of our state has been duly noted. Can't blame you for tuning in since Marshall games are no longer televised.

We know you will be watching that game. Your interest in the flagship football program of our state has been duly noted. Can't blame you for tuning in since Marshall games are no longer televised.
I watch it and pull for you boys every year but since I'd be no more effective than your sorry defense in tackling Perine and Mixon that doesn't seem to help much. At least those two are gone but Oklahoma won't get caught short on RB talent.

Oklahoma is a tough one for sure but I just don't want to face the Thundering Herd! Home and home?!? Please no!!! My nerves would be put to their limit and I would probably have a stroke.Marshall only won 3 games last year but I have to think that was by design. Marshall knows that as the Notre Dame of G-5 they were getting out way ahead of the other teams. They knew if they kept playing their brand of football the other teams would just drop football altogether and then Marshall would be in a one team conference. I think it was decided to let the other teams think they had caught up. This year will be different though and I see Marshall going 12-0

Oklahoma is a tough one for sure but I just don't want to face the Thundering Herd! Home and home?!? Please no!!! My nerves would be put to their limit and I would probably have a stroke.Marshall only won 3 games last year but I have to think that was by design. Marshall knows that as the Notre Dame of G-5 they were getting out way ahead of the other teams. They knew if they kept playing their brand of football the other teams would just drop football altogether and then Marshall would be in a one team conference. I think it was decided to let the other teams think they had caught up. This year will be different though and I see Marshall going 12-0

No doubt you meant 14-0 after the Herd wins the CUSA championship and whichever Junior Varsity Bowl they find themselves in.

Undefeated might be overly optimistic but appreciate the vote of confidence.

I think it is a done deal. No way Marshall loses any games this year with their schedule.

No doubt. Too bad that the legitimate teams on their schedule are just like us and afraid to play them at the Joan. Their fans deserve to see them pound the tar out of NC State and Cincinnati, but both games are @, as usual.

Honestly I would make a bet on it but since we all know Marshall will probably put their 3rd and 4th stringers in around the 2nd quarter and that can throw the score off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT