ADVERTISEMENT

Appreciating what you have

Preseason Basketball poll has not been released but they should be top

Konate was listed as a Top 25 player for this upcoming season.
Wonder how they replace Carter.

WVU was a solid edition to the Big XII.
The first few years were tough but they adjusted well.

WVU like LSU and Arkansas has the luxury of being the only major university in state.

Arkansas at one time was the poorest state.
A mix between sharecroppers in the Delta and hillbillies in the Ozarks.

Arkansas like WV had a huge chip on their shoulder and this created men like Sam Walton, Jerry Jones and Don Tyson.

And elderly, rural and white. Given all that, I agree it is pretty amazing that WVU is regularly in the mix at a very high level. In a different world we could easily have FB and BB teams the quality of the University of Maine or Vermont, and nobody would be too shocked.

Agree that the successes of WVU, both athletically and otherwise, are a source of pride. However, since very few money sport athletes from WV get a scholarship to their state school, I wouldn't go overboard on the praise lol. Bottom line...student athletes from other areas are recruited to the university not the state. And before anyone starts making a fool of themselves about my comments...I was born and raised and played sports in the state...went and graduated from the university...worked in the state a while around the program too. Father was a proud coal miner. Athletics at the state university are hardly a reflection of the state in anyway.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Agree that the successes of WVU, both athletically and otherwise, are a source of pride. However, since very few money sport athletes from WV get a scholarship to their state school, I wouldn't go overboard on the praise lol. Bottom line...student athletes from other areas are recruited to the university not the state. And before anyone starts making a fool of themselves about my comments...I was born and raised and played sports in the state...went and graduated from the university...worked in the state a while around the program too. Father was a proud coal miner. Athletics at the state university are hardly a reflection of the state in anyway.
So you're saying don't appreciate what we have. Got it.

Root master is Anti WVU and Anti Big XII.

He has nothing but negative comments about a team that is ranked going into the season

ranked at the end is the only ranking that counts lol

All the polls are perception by the media and coaches but none as much as the preseason poll. This poll is based purely on perception from the outside.

Only person who wouldn't be proud of this is someone who holds animosity towards WVU.

What happen did someone from WVU take your wife?

And we have our success running clean programs for the most part.

Only a small infraction here and there to my knowledge.

No messy scandals....keeps fingers cross.

Root master is Anti WVU and Anti Big XII.

He has nothing but negative comments about a team that is ranked going into the season

I doubt Rootmaster is anti WVU. Rootmaster is just critical of his team and thoughts of where they should be. It's his opinion.

Anti Big 12. Yeah he just might be anti Big 12 or Big 12-2=10.

Reactions: Rootmaster
CFB in the 80's and before was fun in some regards and was horrible in others.

When the Universities of Georgia and Oklahoma sued the NCAA they had the right idea but what ended up happening afterwards has caused the turmoil we are in.
This is the schools bundling their media rights and selling them as one.

ESPN in the early 80's is the main culprit because anyone in their late 40's or older will tell you of an ESPN that had zero programming.

WVU is in the best place it has every been in financially and will be playing Pitt, Penn State, Maryland and its new Big XII rivals in the future.

Can't be upset about this.
The reward of the current system is a lot more.
If WVU played in the Big XII in 2007 they would have played Ohio St for the NC.
The Big East limited WVU financially and in opportunity.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
CFB in the 80's and before was fun in some regards and was horrible in others.

When the Universities of Georgia and Oklahoma sued the NCAA they had the right idea but what ended up happening afterwards has caused the turmoil we are in.
This is the schools bundling their media rights and selling them as one.

ESPN in the early 80's is the main culprit because anyone in their late 40's or older will tell you of an ESPN that had zero programming.

WVU is in the best place it has every been in financially and will be playing Pitt, Penn State, Maryland and its new Big XII rivals in the future.

Can't be upset about this.
The reward of the current system is a lot more.
If WVU played in the Big XII in 2007 they would have played Ohio St for the NC.
The Big East limited WVU financially and in opportunity.

Don't forget, we lost two games that year. And, that was in the Big Least. How many would we have lost if we had been in the B12 then? Maybe none. Or, maybe four. 'What Ifs...' is something we will never know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT