ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know the reason for so many transfers? Stewart - Bush?

Its pretty clear players are disenchanted with Brown and company and bolting left and right despite trollAllens lies about some character issue with 20 some players that left rather than play for Brown.

At some point you need talented players and Brown is sending them away in droves and this will affect the depth at WVU and perhaps the recruiting too.

Go away expansion boy

You are a liar, a moron and a childish troll and in no place to say anything to anyone else after bashing WVus program for the last 8 plus years and pushing out the second winningest coach ever at WVU either due to a complete lack of understanding of cfb, or worse because you want WVUs football program to fail.
Damn! That WVUALLEN must have some clout to "push out" the 2nd winningest coach in WVU history!

Holgorsen coached the second most number of games at WVU against the toughest schedules, yet still accomplished the second most wins-- something any Mountaineer fan is proud of.

Constantly libeling Holgorsen and calling for his head and whining and screaming and lying and trying to convince fans not to attend and shitt!ng on every accomplishment and blowing up every mistep and creating fake bs to whine about and chasing away recruits-- had an effect.

Now that the desired result was achieved-- the coach moved on-- and the new guy is faltering miserably in comparison-- the egos who cant admit how wrong they were just wont shut up and deal with reality.

Not really surprising, they never have.

And here we are again- BROWN is chasing away players-- and the trolls are still yammering about a coach at another school.

And yet you continue to stalk me. I know I'm good looking and all. But damn I don't swing from the banana nut tree like you do.
Swinging from trees might short-circuit your fake ticker, T-Bone. You have a very good reason for changing the subject, as you're unable to explain why you keep picking WVU to win, then excusing and rationalizing each loss.

tOSUGrad is still trying to find his way. I've explained numerous times why I pick WVU in the the pick'em thread. If you had any intelligence you would actually look it up.

Why is an Ohio State fan on a WVU board stalking WVU fans? It's obvious you like WVU and their fans.

Swinging from trees might short-circuit your fake ticker, T-Bone. You have a very good reason for changing the subject, as you're unable to explain why you keep picking WVU to win, then excusing and rationalizing each loss.

Bingo

Allen did say it could be a 4-8 year before the season.

He does point out games that WVU has to win to be bowl eligible.

Allen underestimate certain teams and overestimates WVU. That is normal behavior on a message board. Like arguing for 2-3 days about Matt Rhule.

Texas Tech at home is the best chance at a win but Matt Wells turned the corner.
Like I said at the beginning of the year they had the most to work with.
I think the fanbase finally has a little bit of belief in their coach.

Thing about WVU. They have had belief in their new coach from the beginning.
Some of you want to take this away.

Last edited:
Allen did say it could be a 4-8 year before the season.

He does point out games that WVU has to win to be bowl eligible.

Allen underestimate certain teams and overestimates WVU. That is normal behavior on a message board. Like arguing for 2-3 days about Matt Rhule.

Texas Tech at home is the best chance at a win but Matt Wells turned the corner.
Like I said at the beginning of the year they had the most to work with.
I think the fanbase finally has a little bit of belief in their coach.

Thing about WVU. They have had belief in their new coach from the beginning.
Some of you want to take this away.

I still think WVU can beat Tech at home. If we have any players left. I like the freshman Neal Brown has brought in. They will continue to learn and progress due to being coached up. Especially on the defensive side.

When Tech and Baylor finally begin playing some better teams of the conference you will see both bottom out some.

Tech still has ISU, @Kansas, @WVU, TCU, KSU, @Texas I still see a possible 3 to 4 losses. Tech has yet to win a road game.

Baylor has @OSU, WVU, @TCU, Oklahoma, Texas, @Kansas BU could still lose 3 or more. Baylor has been lucky in 3 games this season.

Sometimes that's all it takes. But lady luck can also turn around and bite you in the ass.

Going to be interesting to see the rest of the year play out.

So your really tOSUgrad? Is that it. You trying to tell us that? It's interesting 11 minutes later you post.
No, as I am neither a friend nor a foe of Dana Holgorsen. He is a good offensive coach, who has plenty of flaws, but blaming him for every current WVU failure only reinforces that you're a delusional homer, desperate to believe that Neal Brown is the answer. No matter how many fans--including the fan boys in the West Virginia media--tell you that Brown will be an enormous success, nobody knows whether Brown will be great, good, fair, or bad as a Power 5 head coach. Only time will tell this.

Reactions: JoePaEer
No, as I am neither a friend nor a foe of Dana Holgorsen. He is a good offensive coach, who has plenty of flaws, but blaming him for every current WVU failure only reinforces that you're a delusional homer, desperate to believe that Neal Brown is the answer. No matter how many fans--including the fan boys in the West Virginia media--tell you that Brown will be an enormous success, nobody knows whether Brown will be great, good, fair, or bad as a Power 5 head coach. Only time will tell this.

Great. If you can just get everybody on this board to buy into that last sentence then we're good. I see much less "Brown is going to be great" than I see "It's already proven that Brown is terrible."

You're right, nobody knows. I see Brown doing a few things I like, like trying to get guys to stay in the program for 4-5 years and instilling some discipline, but even so that does not necessarily mean he'll be a successful coach. WE DON'T KNOW. Please preach that to EVERYBODY on here.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
I still think WVU can beat Tech at home. If we have any players left. I like the freshman Neal Brown has brought in. They will continue to learn and progress due to being coached up. Especially on the defensive side.

When Tech and Baylor finally begin playing some better teams of the conference you will see both bottom out some.

Tech still has ISU, @Kansas, @WVU, TCU, KSU, @Texas I still see a possible 3 to 4 losses. Tech has yet to win a road game.

Baylor has @OSU, WVU, @TCU, Oklahoma, Texas, @Kansas BU could still lose 3 or more. Baylor has been lucky in 3 games this season.

Sometimes that's all it takes. But lady luck can also turn around and bite you in the ass.

Going to be interesting to see the rest of the year play out.

Baylor is better than Iowa State and you play them on the road.

Charlie Brewer looked like his dad in the Cotton Bowl late in the Tech game when he made that run for the end zone.
If that game is close you expect Brewer to make the needed plays.

Last edited:
IMHO, there isn't a coach around that is worth $5 million a year. And Dana definitely doesn't fit the bill.

Baylor is better than Iowa State and you play them on the road.

Charlie Brewer looked like his dad in the Cotton Bowl late in the Tech game when he made that run for the end zone.
If that game is close you expect Brewer to make the needed plays.

Iowa State is better than Texas. I never counted Baylor as a win in the first place.

Just because Baylor got lucky and made a final second FG to beat ISU doesn't mean they're better. Baylor will be like the rest of us outside looking in at Big 12 title game.

Baylor 6-0 3 wins against high school teams. let them play 11 P5 schools and see how they fair.

Iowa State is better than Texas. I never counted Baylor as a win in the first place.

Just because Baylor got lucky and made a final second FG to beat ISU doesn't mean they're better. Baylor will be like the rest of us outside looking in at Big 12 title game.

Baylor 6-0 3 wins against high school teams. let them play 11 P5 schools and see how they fair.

They did have a 20-0 lead on Iowa State.

Baylor is a tougher more athletic version of Iowa State.
Iowa State is good when they can control the game and bully an opponent. They couldn't against Baylor.

They are much better than West Virginia.
Doesn't matter who they played and didn't play.

This week they are in trouble. If they find some way to win against Oklahoma State after they had a bye week they are a threat for the Big 12 Championship game.

If you are going to call Bucky out for twisting the truth don't do it yourself.

Never said WVU would beat Baylor.

Their OOC teams 3-15 (Their a P5 Big 12 team. Grow a sack and Play somebody)

Luck has a funny way of catching up to you. Would not surprise me to see Baylor go 2-4 in final 6.

Personally not a fan of Baylor and pray they go 0-6 the rest of the way. If you don't like that then go elsewhere to post your propaganda.

It’s funny we are talking about schedules. I saw Minnesota was ranked and thought how the hell is that possible???

Then I looked at their CRAP schedule. Hell, we could be 5-1 or 6-0 against that lame ass schedule.

How do the crap Big X teams get away with this? Those bloated conferences should be punished in the rankings.

That is because of PJ Fleck.

Neal Brown is doing something similar to Fleck but not a total rebuild.
Fleck visited the Texas HS Football Coaches Convention in Houston and left quite an impression this summer and it wasn't because he broke a vase in the lobby.

Minnesota is legit. They punched Wisconsin in the mouth last year in Madison more than once.
They turned the corner last November and only lost one game and that was barely to Northwestern who won that division.

Funny how this goes back to transfers.

Fleck ran everyone out and started freshmen in 2017.

Matt Rhule at Baylor is another who started with a rebuild.

But you saw signs in Year 1
Like when Baylor came back on WVU
Saw a lot more in year 2
Then see results in Year 3

Reactions: JoePaEer
Buckaneer #hypocrite
trashing the current coach. So ironic.

Its pretty clear players are disenchanted with Brown and company and bolting left and right despite trollAllens lies about some character issue with 20 some players that left rather than play for Brown.

At some point you need talented players and Brown is sending them away in droves and this will affect the depth at WVU and perhaps the recruiting too.

Last edited:
That is because of PJ Fleck.

Neal Brown is doing something similar to Fleck but not a total rebuild.
Fleck visited the Texas HS Football Coaches Convention in Houston and left quite an impression this summer and it wasn't because he broke a vase in the lobby.

Minnesota is legit. They punched Wisconsin in the mouth last year in Madison more than once.
They turned the corner last November and only lost one game and that was barely to Northwestern who won that division.

Funny how this goes back to transfers.

Fleck ran everyone out and started freshmen in 2017.

Matt Rhule at Baylor is another who started with a rebuild.

But you saw signs in Year 1
Like when Baylor came back on WVU
Saw a lot more in year 2
Then see results in Year 3

This is literally the smartest post you’ve ever made.

Don’t get me wrong...that’s a realllllly low bar, but still.

congrats

This is literally the smartest post you’ve ever made.

Don’t get me wrong...that’s a realllllly low bar, but still.

congrats

I don't post what people want to hear.
I post what I believe to be true.

I said last November that WVU needed a rebuild and some people didn't think your program was that bad.
Not really the rebuild it is creating a program at WVU that can compete for a Big 12 Championship and that is going young and having future 3-4 year starters at a lot of positions.

This includes players transferring.
If you want to say Neal Brown pushed players out. Nothing wrong with that.

BS. You dont win just because you are there, he could have lost alot more games- BUT HE WON THEM.

MORE THAN EVERY OTHER COACH except one at WVU much much longer. And you left out that the teams Holgorsen faced made up the toughest schedules in WVU history too.

Holgorsen took b.s.es recruits and immediately won 10 games and beat Clemson's @ss in the Orange bowl in historic fashion.

Holgorsen motivated his players to beat many highly ranked teams over the years and came within mere points of playing in the BIG 12 CCG. His players respected him and played their hearts out for him regardless of whether others bashed like you bash them or him.

Brown is chasing away players, losing games, making wild roster changes-- nothing that illustrates motivation, character, or anything else other than self preservation.

WVU won 8 games last year. 10 just two years prior. WVU was a very different team when Rodriguez took over and had been mediocre for a few years by that time leading to Nehlens departure.

Theres no reason Brown should be producing a 3 win season, but it wont be surprising to see just that.
Didn’t Holgs only have 4 wins his first full year as HC?

And yet you continue to stalk me. I know I'm good looking and all. But damn I don't swing from the banana nut tree like you do.

Are you and Michiganherd fvcking on the low? Asking for a friend

Reactions: WVUALLEN
There may be reasons, which can all be legit, but they were beat out as starters is garbage to me. Bush stood out as the only player that didnt look out matched to start the season and Stewart was a starter until he got hurt. Whatever else is or isn't going on I'm not going to pretend to know, but spare me the they weren't good enough g as garbage. They were both the best at their positions and this is a team that starts kennedy mckoy and a tonkery. So I'm not saying they didnt need to go, but dont try to sell talent as the reason.

And I'm a believer in Brown I'll make that clear, but I'm not going to attack people that ask questions, this is an awful lot of starters spread out over a decent period of time now so nothing wrong with people having questions, and people having nasty come backs to them questions sometimes say just as much
It is a bit like when RR came onboard and ran off half of the team he inherited from Dandy Don.

Hard to say you inherited a "bare cupboard" when so many players leave for whatever reason - especially IN SEASON!.

I remember watching WVU get absolutely embarrassed over the last eight years. But instead of it only being only to "so blue it's almost black" blood Oklahoma, it was ass whipping from Maryland, Baylor, and KSU and humiliating loses to Miami, Kansas, and pre-Campbell ISU.

Say, does anyone remember having a Heisman front-runner and top 10 draft pick and going into Austin and squeaking by no. 11 Texas and thinking we're on the downhill turn to greatness? Remember the following weeks when we lost to some obscure, unranked team in Lubbock by 35? Then by 41 Kansas St. No, not KU in basketball. Kansas St. in football.

Then we lost by 21 to unranked OK St and capped off the year with a demoralizing defeat to a Syracuse team that lost to Rutgers? Man, the glory dayzzz.

ADVERTISEMENT