ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know the reason for so many transfers? Stewart - Bush?

Boomboom521

All-American
Mar 14, 2014
This is beginning to concern me with regards to Brown. I’m hoping it’s a team character thing?

Doesn't concern me at all. Bush had already been beaten out and Stewart was injured and then beaten out by his backup. Then again you can ask wash rinse repeat Bucky. He knows all there is to know about Neal Brown.

Doesn't concern me at all. Bush had already been beaten out and Stewart was injured and then beaten out by his backup. Then again you can ask wash rinse repeat Bucky. He knows all there is to know about Neal Brown.
Brown seems like a no nonsense guy, and he seems like a coach that wouldn’t throw kids under the bus too. I’m thinking these guys just didn’t fit with his culture maybe? Holgs seemed like a coach that would allow kids to get away with anything if they had talent — maybe I’m wrong though.

Brown seems like a no nonsense guy, and he seems like a coach that wouldn’t throw kids under the bus too. I’m thinking these guys just didn’t fit with his culture maybe? Holgs seemed like a coach that would allow kids to get away with anything if they had talent — maybe I’m wrong though.

This^^^

Reminds me of Don Nehlen in many ways.

So just keeping score the reason given in this thread for Stewart is he went through the spring practices, through the spring game, through the summer, through fall camp, through the start of the season and was the starter, he got hurt, and was were being told beaten out for his spot while he was hurt and not playing and that is the sole reason why hes transferring and it's all fine and not one of the many transfers has a single thing to do with any coach. I'm not taking sides I have faith in Brown I'm just making sure I have this story straight

Reactions: JoePaEer
So you're saying Stewart was healthy playing and just one day decides I moving elsewhere.

So you be right... I guess Stewart couldn't handle change.

By Alex Hickey in Sports, WVU Sports | October 08, 2019 at 12:53PM

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Coach Neal Brown confirmed that senior safety JoVanni Stewart is no longer part of the West Virginia football team on Tuesday.

“JoVanni has made the decision to not be an active participant,” Brown said. “As a result he is no longer a member of the team this fall.”

When asked if there was a possibility of Stewart returning to the program next season, Brown said “I’m just dealing with the here and now, honestly.”

Stewart started the first four games at the spear position before deciding to sit out the Texas game and redshirt the remainder of the season.

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/10/08/jovanni-stewart-no-longer-with-west-virginia-football-team/

This is beginning to concern me with regards to Brown. I’m hoping it’s a team character thing?

The more guys that move on means the more of Brown’s guys get here sooner. Admittedly it appears we aren’t fortunate enough to get a smooth transition and some wins to soften that transition but as soon as we got boat raced by Mizzo it was obvious this year would be tough.

The more guys that move on means the more of Brown’s guys get here sooner. Admittedly it appears we aren’t fortunate enough to get a smooth transition and some wins to soften that transition but as soon as we got boat raced by Mizzo it was obvious this year would be tough.

It was obvious for me from the start. If anybody couldn't see that this would be a huge rebuild year, they fooled themselves.

My prediction was 4-8 might looks like it might end up 3-9 but I think there's 1 more win somewhere.

Peoples god coach RR was 3-8 his first year.

It was obvious for me from the start. If anybody couldn't see that this would be a huge rebuild year, they fooled themselves.

My prediction was 4-8 might looks like it might end up 3-9 but I think there's 1 more win somewhere.

Yet, you predicted WVU to win every game this year until this week's game vs. Oklahoma. You can't have it both ways: Either you follow the WVU sports media's lead, and have zero expectations for 2019, or you don't.

If my recollections are correct, WVU had 25 transfers on team and lost 20 to transfers last season. It's happening all over the country, no matter who the departing coach or incoming coach is. The transfer portal and graduate transfers and redshirt rule just exascerbated the situation. It's not only happening to WVU.

This exactly where stood after spring ball. Several of the younger players have commented that the older players just do not want to work all that hard. Some of them have come around, some haven't. I do not know how true that is, but it has been said several times in the media interviews by different players.

There may be reasons, which can all be legit, but they were beat out as starters is garbage to me. Bush stood out as the only player that didnt look out matched to start the season and Stewart was a starter until he got hurt. Whatever else is or isn't going on I'm not going to pretend to know, but spare me the they weren't good enough g as garbage. They were both the best at their positions and this is a team that starts kennedy mckoy and a tonkery. So I'm not saying they didnt need to go, but dont try to sell talent as the reason.

And I'm a believer in Brown I'll make that clear, but I'm not going to attack people that ask questions, this is an awful lot of starters spread out over a decent period of time now so nothing wrong with people having questions, and people having nasty come backs to them questions sometimes say just as much

Warnings from AD and coaching staff during the summer failed to dim the future for Blue Lotters......

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Two more West Virginia men’s basketball players are looking to transfer and reduce coach Bob Huggins’ already-thin roster for the 2019-20 season.

The school said forwards Lamont West and Andrew Gordon have put their names into the NCAA’s transfer portal.

West started about half of the Mountaineers’ games this season, averaging 11.1 points and 4.1 rebounds. Gordon averaged 2.3 points and 1.7 rebounds and played seven minutes per game.

They join guards James “Beetle” Bolden and Trey Doomes, who also are seeking transfers. Their departures would leave West Virginia with just nine players on its roster, although Huggins has signed two recruits for next season.

West Virginia finished last in the Big 12 this season. Forwards Wes Harris and Esa Ahmad were kicked off the team in February while forward Sagaba Konate missed the last three months of the season with a knee injury.

I get that Allen but it’s ok to be hopeful IMO. This can still be a productive season. See! There I go again.

Its pretty clear players are disenchanted with Brown and company and bolting left and right despite trollAllens lies about some character issue with 20 some players that left rather than play for Brown.

At some point you need talented players and Brown is sending them away in droves and this will affect the depth at WVU and perhaps the recruiting too.

Its pretty clear players are disenchanted with Brown and company and bolting left and right despite trollAllens lies about some character issue with 20 some players that left rather than play for Brown.

At some point you need talented players and Brown is sending them away in droves and this will affect the depth at WVU and perhaps the recruiting too.

No, they’re not. Reese Donahue is from my hometown. We are now landing players from Spring Valley again-even one who's father played at Marshall. We didn’t land any Spring Valley players after Wellman. The only players who don’t like Brown are the ones who don’t want to put in the work.

There aren't a lot of things that are fully clear right now. But some things that are clear, our last staff left us some kids with educational issues, and there are clearly some MAJOR connection issues with this coach and these players. Causes and fault are out there, but number of problems are a plenty, and I refuse to just accept that all those players just didnt want to work, that's stupid

Maybe Brown is disenchanted with those players? If you were the leader of an organization, would you try to keep subordinates who don't like the way you're running things and refuse to get on board with your visions and goals? Do you comprehend what "building a program" means?

Reactions: Euell and OHAALUM
No, they’re not. Reese Donahue is from my hometown. We are now landing players from Spring Valley again-even one who's father played at Marshall. We didn’t land any Spring Valley players after Wellman. The only players who don’t like Brown are the ones who don’t want to put in the work.

Its ABSURD to claim players who came within three points of taking WVU to the BIG 12 championship last year " dont want to put int the work" or the other false smear that they have academic issues on a mass scale when WVU has done fine in passing the NCAAs requirement there and receives money as part of that including last year. Not to mention students academic situation is a private matter and cannot be publicly revealed.

But you dont go from competing with Oklahoma to being at the bottom of college football suddenly-- there is a problem at the top. Brown's " culture" is obviously not inspiring very many to want to play for him and that is a BIG problem for WVU.

Reactions: JoePaEer
Maybe Brown is disenchanted with those players? If you were the leader of an organization, would you try to keep subordinates who don't like the way you're running things and refuse to get on board with your visions and goals? Do you comprehend what "building a program" means?

Well you have players from the second winningest regime ever at WVU, who came within points of getting WVU into the BIG 12 CCG just last year. And then you have Brown who has WVU playing terribly, eking out wins over fcs teams, coaching blowout losses good teams, and close to last in most of the important categories in all of college football.

Something is very wrong, players dont just leave in such huge numbers and Brown must have some issues of his own if he so eagerly dismisses players who had been loyal Mountaineers and been contributing to the team.

And in the end WVU needs depth-- quality depth.

Its ABSURD to claim players who came within three points of taking WVU to the BIG 12 championship last year " dont want to put int the work" or the other false smear that they have academic issues on a mass scale when WVU has done fine in passing the NCAAs requirement there and receives money as part of that including last year. Not to mention students academic situation is a private matter and cannot be publicly revealed.

But you dont go from competing with Oklahoma to being at the bottom of college football suddenly-- there is a problem at the top. Brown's " culture" is obviously not inspiring very many to want to play for him and that is a BIG problem for WVU.

Look at last year’s results and see how many times we got our ass kicked in the 4th quarter. The players were out of shape. I don’t give a f’uck if you believe me or not. Obviously the truth hurts your feelings.

Reactions: OHAALUM
Look at last year’s results and see how many times we got our ass kicked in the 4th quarter. The players were out of shape. I don’t give a f’uck if you believe me or not. Obviously the truth hurts your feelings.

Your emotional ranting shows you are the one with hurt feelings as your savior coach fails miserably for WVU.

WVU lost some close games to very good teams. Thats what happens when you play in one of the top conferences in the country and have to play everyone. Did you really think WVU was going to be beating up teams like Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, etc etc? It shows you have delusions about WVUs program. Yet somehow you are ok with the miserable showings now?

Now? WVU is getting its ass kicked all game long or for entire halfs. By teams like Kansas and fcs programs as well as middle level P5 teams like Missouri and good teams like Texas and ISU.

Holgorsen had built some depth and was working on building more, and now Brown is moving WVU back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Well you have players from the second winningest regime ever at WVU, who came within points of getting WVU into the BIG 12 CCG just last year. And then you have Brown who has WVU playing terribly, eking out wins over fcs teams, coaching blowout losses good teams, and close to last in most of the important categories in all of college football.

Something is very wrong, players dont just leave in such huge numbers and Brown must have some issues of his own if he so eagerly dismisses players who had been loyal Mountaineers and been contributing to the team.

And in the end WVU needs depth-- quality depth.

Second winning-est only because he had the second longest tenure here. You are comparing Dana, who was here for 7 years and had all of his own recruits, to a coach who just got here less than a year ago. We are talking about two coaches on completely opposite ends of the spectrum (personality-wise, motivation-wise, coaching-wise, etc.) with completely different views on how to run (build, in the case of Neal Brown) a program. Do you think they are likely to recruit the same types of players? Are you being very fair and rational in your assessment? Nope. Do you remember how many wins Rich Rodriguez had his first year at WVU or did you block that from your memory? I think it's time to take the mask off, Dana. You have been exposed.

Second winning-est only because he had the second longest tenure here. You are comparing Dana, who was here for 7 years and had all of his own recruits, to a coach who just got here less than a year ago. We are talking about two coaches on completely opposite ends of the spectrum (personality-wise, motivation-wise, coaching-wise, etc.) with completely different views on how to run (build, in the case of Neal Brown) a program. Do you think they are likely to recruit the same types of players? Are you being very fair and rational in your assessment? Nope. Do you remember how many wins Rich Rodriguez had his first year at WVU or did you block that from your memory? I think it's time to take the mask off, Dana. You have been exposed.

BS. You dont win just because you are there, he could have lost alot more games- BUT HE WON THEM.

MORE THAN EVERY OTHER COACH except one at WVU much much longer. And you left out that the teams Holgorsen faced made up the toughest schedules in WVU history too.

Holgorsen took b.s.es recruits and immediately won 10 games and beat Clemson's @ss in the Orange bowl in historic fashion.

Holgorsen motivated his players to beat many highly ranked teams over the years and came within mere points of playing in the BIG 12 CCG. His players respected him and played their hearts out for him regardless of whether others bashed like you bash them or him.

Brown is chasing away players, losing games, making wild roster changes-- nothing that illustrates motivation, character, or anything else other than self preservation.

WVU won 8 games last year. 10 just two years prior. WVU was a very different team when Rodriguez took over and had been mediocre for a few years by that time leading to Nehlens departure.

Theres no reason Brown should be producing a 3 win season, but it wont be surprising to see just that.

Last edited:

You're an idiot.

Yet, you predicted WVU to win every game this year until this week's game vs. Oklahoma. You can't have it both ways: Either you follow the WVU sports media's lead, and have zero expectations for 2019, or you don't.

And yet you continue to stalk me. I know I'm good looking and all. But damn I don't swing from the banana nut tree like you do.

This exactly where stood after spring ball. Several of the younger players have commented that the older players just do not want to work all that hard. Some of them have come around, some haven't. I do not know how true that is, but it has been said several times in the media interviews by different players.

Kind of sounds like the basketball team from this past year.

You're an idiot.

You are a liar, a moron and a childish troll and in no place to say anything to anyone else after bashing WVus program for the last 8 plus years and pushing out the second winningest coach ever at WVU either due to a complete lack of understanding of cfb, or worse because you want WVUs football program to fail.

BS. You dont win just because you are there, he could have lost alot more games- BUT HE WON THEM.

MORE THAN EVERY OTHER COACH except one at WVU much much longer. And you left ou that the teams Holgorsen faced made up the toughest schedule in WVU history too.

Holgorsen took b.s.es recruits and immediately won 10 games and beat Clemson's @ss in the Orange bowl in historic fashion.

Holgorsen motivated his players to beat many highly ranked teams over the years and came within mere points of playing in the BIG 12 CCG.

Brown is chasing away players, losing games, making wild roster changes-- nothing that illustrates motivation, character, or anything else.

WVU won 8 games last year. 16 just two years prior. WVU was a very different team when Rodriguez took over and had been mediocre for a few years by that time leading to Nehlens departure.

Theres no reason Brown should be producing a 3 win season, but it wont be surprising to see just that.
Nonsense. Where did DH take the program after using BS's recruits? Oh, he took it downhill from there. Regressed to the mean of somewhere between 7-8 wins per year. Nothing spectacular whatsoever. His teams had a recurring history of late season collapses when DH got tired of coaching football and decided to pack it in for the winter. The Dude did just enough to not get fired and nothing more. He patched together teams every year instead of doing a face-lift from the ground up by trying to recruit high-school players that would come here and be in the system for several years. That is how you build depth. Dana wanted nothing to do with it because it took too much planning and too much work. His laziness is rubbing off on your analysis.

You are a liar, a moron and a childish troll and in no place to say anything to anyone else after bashing WVus program for the last 8 plus years and pushing out the second winningest coach ever at WVU either due to a complete lack of understanding of cfb, or worse because you want WVUs football program to fail.

Like I said bitch bring a link or don't raise a stink. Why so many profiles anyway? Are you lonely and have to pretend you have friends. You seem like the next big media serial killer.

I'm more of a fan of WVU than you believe Brown chased off players. Dude your ban days are coming. There will soon just be you and your multiple profiles with Texass and Greg. Board should be removed and have paid membership only.

Like I said bitch bring a link or don't raise a stink. Why so many profiles anyway? Are you lonely and have to pretend you have friends. You seem like the next big media serial killer.

I'm more of a fan of WVU than you believe Brown chased off players. Dude your ban days are coming. There will soon just be you and your multiple profiles with Texass and Greg. Board should be removed and have paid membership only.

idiot troll Allen still attacking other posters as his bruised ego is crushed by facts once again.

Bring a link--something Allen can't do since he makes up 99% of everything he states as he bashes and trolls WVU boards and chases and tries to chase off every poster that wants to discuss facts.

Either a bot, or an extremely disturbed ego in need of desperate help.

I don't "believe" Brown chased off players THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

He came in and players left. IN DROVES. and are still leaving while you play make believe that its my fault. Or the players fault. Or Holgorsen's fault. Or anyone's fault other than where the blame actually lays.

Nonsense. Where did DH take the program after using BS's recruits? Oh, he took it downhill from there. Regressed to the mean of somewhere between 7-8 wins per year. Nothing spectacular whatsoever. His teams had a recurring history of late season collapses when DH got tired of coaching football and decided to pack it in for the winter. The Dude did just enough to not get fired and nothing more. He patched together teams every year instead of doing a face-lift from the ground up by trying to recruit high-school players that would come here and be in the system for several years. That is how you build depth. Dana wanted nothing to do with it because it took too much planning and too much work. His laziness is rubbing off on your analysis.

Where did DH take b.s.s recruits?

To a ten win, Big East championship season where WVU represented the Big East in its BCS game and CRUSHED Clemson in historic fashion.

Then, WVU SWITCHED CONFERENCES, to one of the most difficult conferences in the country. WVU didn't "regress", WVU historically has won at a clip of 7 or 8 wins per year. Holgorsen maintained that even though WVU had to rebuild depth, play all new teams, all new coaches, at all new venues and facing long travel to every game. He even brought in another 10 win season to go along with his first one. He had his players on the verge of competing for a BIG 12 championship just last year.

You seem to not understand just how difficult it is to win in the BIG 12. There are many great and good programs there, and more depth than in any other conference and every team plays every other. WVU has never torn up the recruiting rankings and its not going to dominate such a conference like it could the Big East. You wouldn't accept that, but perhaps now you'll finally see that not just anyone can coach WVU to the second most wins in its history while facing such difficult schedules.

Brown so far is looking more like a Cignetti than the far more successful Holgorsen at WVU.

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Two more West Virginia men’s basketball players are looking to transfer and reduce coach Bob Huggins’ already-thin roster for the 2019-20 season.

The school said forwards Lamont West and Andrew Gordon have put their names into the NCAA’s transfer portal.

West started about half of the Mountaineers’ games this season, averaging 11.1 points and 4.1 rebounds. Gordon averaged 2.3 points and 1.7 rebounds and played seven minutes per game.

They join guards James “Beetle” Bolden and Trey Doomes, who also are seeking transfers. Their departures would leave West Virginia with just nine players on its roster, although Huggins has signed two recruits for next season.

West Virginia finished last in the Big 12 this season. Forwards Wes Harris and Esa Ahmad were kicked off the team in February while forward Sagaba Konate missed the last three months of the season with a knee injury.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep long?

idiot troll Allen still attacking other posters as his bruised ego is crushed by facts once again.

Bring a link--something Allen can't do since he makes up 99% of everything he states as he bashes and trolls WVU boards and chases and tries to chase off every poster that wants to discuss facts.

Either a bot, or an extremely disturbed ego in need of desperate help.

I don't "believe" Brown chased off players THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

He came in and players left. IN DROVES. and are still leaving while you play make believe that its my fault. Or the players fault. Or Holgorsen's fault. Or anyone's fault other than where the blame actually lays.

I'm the one attacking posters and calling names. What are you 12?

Your fun to play with but we are still waiting for a real sports post from you without incompetence.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT