ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here own a Chevy Cruze ?

Looking to buy a small car for daily commute. Wondering what your thoughts are on the Cruze. Thanks in advance.
Win 5 straight days on Family Feud and you drive off in a brand new, fuel efficient, Ford Fusion Hybrid. That seems like the better play.

It's a fairly conservative design, but I know of no compelling reason to avoid the Cruze (unless you're a Right-winger like DvlDog. who'd sooner walk than give money to GM) :p

Smart-assedness aside, it's been a very strong seller for GM, and I believe its quality reputation to be pretty decent. It's also one of the only domestic cars with a diesel option (and no, I don't want that either). I'd also guess you could deal very aggressively on a Cruze.

It's never going to convert a Corolla or Civic buyer, but I have no problem recommending the Cruze; in fact, if f I were in the market for a small car, it'd certainly be on my short list of cars to evaluate.

It's a fairly conservative design, but I know of no compelling reason to avoid the Cruze (unless you're a Right-winger like DvlDog. who'd sooner walk than give money to GM) :p

Smart-assedness aside, it's been a very strong seller for GM, and I believe its quality reputation to be pretty decent. It's also one of the only domestic cars with a diesel option (and no, I don't want that either). I'd also guess you could deal very aggressively on a Cruze.

It's never going to convert a Corolla or Civic buyer, but I have no problem recommending the Cruze; in fact, if f I were in the market for a small car, it'd certainly be on my short list of cars to evaluate.
Lol, I drive a 4 door Silverado. Wife drives a Range Rover and we have an Audi TT for a fun car.

Lol, I drive a 4 door Silverado. Wife drives a Range Rover and we have an Audi TT for a fun car.

I'l give you props for admitting that; of course, THE and 3:16 probably have you on their Ignore lists by now :scream: Anyway, which Range Rover does your wife drive ?? I ask because a former associate of mine drove an LR4, and never had much luck with it. In fact; he actually ended up trading it in for, of all things, a Hummer H3.

Of course, the LR4 really doesn't seem to me to have a whole lot in common with the other current models (either smaller or bigger). For that reason, I'm surprised it remains part of their otherwise fairly updated line. Then again, I guess I always thought of it as the entry point for traditional, dyed-in-the-wool RR type who I doubt would want to have a whole lot to do these days with the LR2, Discovery, or Evoque.

I'l give you props for admitting that; of course, THE and 3:16 probably have you on their Ignore lists by now :scream: Anyway, which Range Rover does your wife drive ?? I ask because a former associate of mine drove an LR4, and never had much luck with it. In fact; he actually ended up trading it in for, of all things, a Hummer H3.

Of course, the LR4 really doesn't seem to me to have a whole lot in common with the other current models (either smaller or bigger). For that reason, I'm surprised it remains part of their otherwise fairly updated line. Then again, I guess I always thought of it as the entry point for traditional, dyed-in-the-wool RR type who I doubt would want to have a whole lot to do these days with the LR2, Discovery, or Evoque.

A friend of my wife recently bought a Cruze. The transmission went out the first week. After a months of them pissing around and her threatening legal action, they finally gave her a new car. So far ..... no problems.

We have the HSE. It's an 08 and we just crossed 125k. Have had zero problems with it. It went back and forth across the country twice. We bought it with 30k on it in 2010.

My next daddy car will be the defender. Those things are tanks.

We have the HSE. It's an 08 and we just crossed 125k. Have had zero problems with it. It went back and forth across the country twice. We bought it with 30k on it in 2010. My next daddy car will be the defender. Those things are tanks.

Good for you; RR always struck me as one of those brands where if you were fortunate enough to end up with a unit that avoided those "traditional" problems which have always seemed to plague the British makes, you'd have a fabulous long-term buy. BTW Dog, do you have Land Rover dealer near to you.....and if so, do they have the Defender in stock yet ??

I read pre-release stuff claiming it would sticker around $40K...... but I'd be curious to know the MSRP for typical dealer-stocked units (most of which I assume would be pretty-much loaded). That's obviously a fair amount higher than the typical Jeep Wrangler; though it's no secret maxed-out Unlimiteds.....which probably compete less against the Defender than the short wheelbase model.....can easily exceed $45K (and actually approach $50K).

Of course, if your eyes are focused specifically on a Defender, I seriously doubt anything sold at a Jeep/FCA dealer would excite (or satisfy) you very much.

I own one. If you don't have adults in the back seat it's a pretty good car. I've put 80000 miles on mine and haven't had any breakdowns. I have done all the maintenance. The only issue I have had with mine is the check engine light has been going off and on since mile 6000 and no one can seem to get it to stop. My only worry with that is I am not going to pay attention to the light when it's important.

Good for you; RR always struck me as one of those brands where if you were fortunate enough to end up with a unit that avoided those "traditional" problems which have always seemed to plague the British makes, you'd have a fabulous long-term buy. BTW Dog, do you have Land Rover dealer near to you.....and if so, do they have the Defender in stock yet ??

I read pre-release stuff claiming it would sticker around $40K...... but I'd be curious to know the MSRP for typical dealer-stocked units (most of which I assume would be pretty-much loaded). That's obviously a fair amount higher than the typical Jeep Wrangler; though it's no secret maxed-out Unlimiteds.....which probably compete less against the Defender than the short wheelbase model.....can easily exceed $45K (and actually approach $50K).

Of course, if your eyes are focused specifically on a Defender, I seriously doubt anything sold at a Jeep/FCA dealer would excite (or satisfy) you very much.
I've had a Wrangler and loved it. I just got tired of the noise, smell (was rained in so much I just pulled the drain plugs permanently), and cold in the winter. Moved to an FJ Cruiser for a while. I loved that one but once we had kids, the suicide doors became an inhibitor.

I have RR dealer about 2 mins from where I work. I have not seen one in stock yet.

Cheat Lake, does the cruze have O2 sensors? When they start to go bad it can make the engine light go on and off. Just pull in to an advance auto and let them check the sensors for free and tell you what it is next time it is on.

I've had them as rental cars a lot.

Get a VW Golf or Jetta TDI. Ford Fusions aren't bad.

Looks like you're not the only one. Can't imagine this is good for resale value.

BT-AC465A_RENTA_16U_20150614213907.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT