ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have a scratch pepperoni roll recipe?

Mog

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
It dawned on me the other day I've never actually baked a batch of my own. I'm going to fix that problem in the next week or two.

It dawned on me the other day I've never actually baked a batch of my own. I'm going to fix that problem in the next week or two.

My wife makes the very best and they are super easy. She uses Rich's frozen bread. You can make any size you want, I prefer the smaller version. She will embed 3 or 4 small chunks of a good pepperoni ( Hormel,Margarita and Surgardale are a few good ones) into each roll and bake them. I have tried, Country Clubs, Dairy Marts,D’Annunzio’s and many others and there is no comparison. If you still want to go full tilt, just google them and you will get a lot of results.

Reactions: pacs life
My wife makes the very best and they are super easy. She uses Rich's frozen bread. You can make any size you want, I prefer the smaller version. She will embed 3 or 4 small chunks of a good pepperoni ( Hormel,Margarita and Surgardale are a few good ones) into each roll and bake them. I have tried, Country Clubs, Dairy Marts,D’Annunzio’s and many others and there is no comparison. If you still want to go full tilt, just google them and you will get a lot of results.
May have to try that, my wife makes a killer Stromboli with Rich's frozen bread, and those rolls sound like what my mother used to make when I was at WVU.

I make my dough from scratch and use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer.

7 cups bread flour
2 tsp salt
2 eggs beaten
2 cups scalded milk
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
Scald the milk and melt the butter set aside to cool.
Beat the eggs.Make sure the eggs are room temp.
Add the Luke warm milk, eggs, sugar and yeast. Let proof for around 10 mins.
Add butter,flour and salt. ( flour one cup at a time) add the last cup a little bit at a time you may not need all of the flour if the dough is the right consistency.
Knead the dough for five minutes. Roll into a ball and coat with olive oil. Let rise until double, punch down and make the pep rolls. Let them rise again and bake at 350 until golden brown.

7 cups bread flour
2 tsp salt
2 eggs beaten
2 cups scalded milk
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter
Add butter,flour and salt. ( flour one cup at a time) add the last cup a little bit at a time you may not need all of the flour if the dough is the right consistency.
Knead the dough for five minutes. Roll into a ball and coat with olive oil. Let rise until double, punch down and make the pep rolls. Let them rise again and bake at 350 until golden brown.
Where the pics man? :)

I use frozen bread too and they turn out great and are extremely easy. The only difference is that I use fresh sliced deli pepperoni.

Made @Rivereer's recipe again today...

eCmt3yk.jpg

Reactions: COOL MAN and Vernon

7 cups bread flour
2 tsp salt
2 eggs beaten
2 cups scalded milk
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter

@UltraMarathonEER

Reactions: UltraMarathonEER
There's a pizzeria in St. Albans called Lorobi's that's had people trying to crack it's sausage code for decades. It's store bought and delivered, but that's where it ends. The women in the family add a lil' bit of this and a lil' bit of that after it's rested for awhile then let it rest some more until Mama say's it's ready to be pie quality.

If you like it, and I do, there is nothing like it.

Does it make you any weirder if you do a drive-by first to see who baked them? I don't like a crunchy roll but some people do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT