ADVERTISEMENT

Another Wasted Season Thanks Fluffer Holgorsen

I’ve always question if WVU should expect a better coach. WVU isn’t a destination job.
No its not but try and find the next up and comer and ride that pony for as long as you can. You have to remember most legends didn't start at the top. If FSU can't keep a coach then i don't expect wvu to either. Its already been established by the last 3 coachs before Holgorsen that 7 wins is attainable. If you're happy with that then don't pay anymore money for it. 7 win coachs are a dime a dozen.

HOMER ALERT
maybe i am so? what good does it do anybody to constantly berate a coach that obviously likes it here...is recruiting better to needs over the last couple of years...is learning (or was) to be a HC on the job. Also, I'm a realist....even a HoF coach at this University only had 2 of his 21 teams in a position to compete for a NC.....but i will say this...with what is coming back next year, if this team isn't either playing OU for a chance to go the championship game...or playing OU IN the championship game, I'll be disappointed and wondering if Dana is the right guy....on paper this team should be good on both sides

I’ve always question if WVU should expect a better coach. WVU isn’t a destination job.

You keep using that term derogatory to WVU.

And just how many destination jobs are there? I would love to see your list.

You have the old school blue-bloods...USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, Penn State....and even if you throw in some successful schools of late, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Clemson...etc.

You are still looking at 10-15 percent of the schools being destination jobs.

I find it hard to believe that 100 plus DI schools can't hire and maybe even retain quality head coaches simply because they aren't destination jobs.

Please name who you would hire. After all WVU is not Texas, Alabama, OU, Ohio State, Florida. FSU so on and so on that have large checkbooks.
Wvu may not be Alabama but were not some mac school either. If its not broke then don't fix it. We just got our ass handed to us by a 6-6 team from the worst power 5 conference. Things are definitely broke. Saban and Meyer started their careers at non power 5 schools. There are coaches and assistants out there that can do a better job then Fluffer Holgorsen.

Wvu may not be Alabama but were not some mac school either. If its not broke then don't fix it. We just got our ass handed to us by a 6-6 team from the worst power 5 conference. Things are definitely broke. Saban and Meyer started their careers at non power 5 schools. There are coaches and assistants out there that can do a better job then Fluffer Holgorsen.
Maybe Pitt needs a better coach, too?

Disciples of Fluffer Holgorsen once again your messiah has been exposed as a fraud. The 2017 season turned out to be a complete disaster. The days of 7-6 returned like I said it would. Fluffer Holgorsen wasted Grier’s talent but what would you expect from this overrated bum. Fluffer holgorsen is not a CEO. He chooses Joe Wickline a bum who got fired at Texas over Wv native Ron crook and look what happened to the O Line play. He hired this Loser Spavital who got fired at T&Am and got passed over at Cal for The Hc job. This hire turned out to be another debacle. Nobody should be that surprised. The fluffer showed us early on how intuitive he is when he Hired his drinking buddy Joe Deforest. Now the fluffer has two drinking buddies on his staff Wickline and Spavital. Flufferr Holgorsen once again keeps adding to his list of accomplishments. The bum just got bitch slapped by a weak 6-6 pac 12 team in a 2nd rate bowl game. He got exposed in the final 2 games of the season by 2 rookie power 5 coach's. He hasn’t beaten a team that finished in the top 25 in over 3 years. Anybody who still supports this clown after today's embarrassing performance needs to have their Mountaineer patriotism questioned. Ten years ago Wvu's program was a Ferrari cruising down the Auto bon. Today it’s a 1970's VW bus traveling down a dirt road. 3.5 mil for 7-6 yippee but what would one expect out of this Loser, Dope and fraud.

Go back to the MooU or sPitt boards.

Still waiting on that new coaches name.

You keep using that term derogatory to WVU.

And just how many destination jobs are there? I would love to see your list.

You have the old school blue-bloods...USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, Penn State....and even if you throw in some successful schools of late, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Clemson...etc.

You are still looking at 10-15 percent of the schools being destination jobs.

I find it hard to believe that 100 plus DI schools can't hire and maybe even retain quality head coaches simply because they aren't destination jobs.

Point is you homers think P5 coaches would line up to come to Morgantown. That’s not the case. So Holgy, an experienced P5 coach, is probably as good as you homers should expect. Then guys like you are so insecure you act like that’s a putdown to WVU. It doesn’t matter how many destination jobs there are. 5...10...25.....65. The point was WVU is not one of them so no successful P5 coaches would consider Morgantown as their final job.

Point is you homers think P5 coaches would line up to come to Morgantown. That’s not the case. So Holgy, an experienced P5 coach, is probably as good as you homers should expect. Then guys like you are so insecure you act like that’s a putdown to WVU. It doesn’t matter how many destination jobs there are. 5...10...25.....65. The point was WVU is not one of them so no successful P5 coaches would consider Morgantown as their final job.
Still like to know what schools you consider to be destination jobs.

How are things going for you out there in Arizona Rich? Tough week huh? Things so bad you have to distract yourself with a pseudo "cat" name on the WV board? Are you upset you don't have a lackey to blame for your indiscretions this time? Now you resort to attacking another coach? You keep talking about the worst team in the PAC 12 being Utah. Well guess what hairplug .... you lost to them too! Best wishes in 2018 and if you want to come back to WVU ... we have an opening ...... as a hotdog vendor.

Go back to the MooU or sPitt boards.
Never been to either one of those boards. Wvu football after 7 years of Holgorsen Kinda resembles pitt and Marshall football so no reason to go over there. If you actually live in the heart of pac 12 country then you should have your head examined. Wvu just got curb stomped by a weak 6-6 Pac 12 team and you have the gall to defend Holgorsen. Pac 12 fans must be pissed. The pac 12 had a chance to run the table in reverse this bowl season and who screwed that up for them? No other than the fearless leader of wvu football.

How are things going for you out there in Arizona Rich? Tough week huh? Things so bad you have to distract yourself with a pseudo "cat" name on the WV board? Are you upset you don't have a lackey to blame for your indiscretions this time? Now you resort to attacking another coach? You keep talking about the worst team in the PAC 12 being Utah. Well guess what hairplug .... you lost to them too! Best wishes in 2018 and if you want to come back to WVU ... we have an opening ...... as a hotdog vendor.
Congrats Homer I started this thread a week ago and it only took you a week to crawl out from whatever rock you were hiding from to respond. I never went to UA and I could care less what happens their. Its funny that you would bring up RR. What exactly does he have to do with Wvu football these days? Does his misfortune somehow solve the problem that after 7 years we got stomped by a 6-6 team from the worst conference in america. Rich has only had one good season in his post wvu days but Holgorsen hasn't even come close to putting together a team that rivaled what he had at WVU. You can give the we were in the big east then excuse all you want but the teams he assembled beat and Oklahoma and Georgia program. Where are those programs today? The only bowl game Holgorsen has one with a team he recruited was against a 6-6 pac 12 team. Quite a difference but somehow your delusional homer mind will find a way to spin it.

No guarantee the next guy will be better.
There never is any guarantee when you hire someone new. But we know what we have now and there is nothing great about it. If you were to place a bet in Vegas that at the end of 2018 wvu would be around the 7-8 win mark and heading to a crappy bowl it would be considered a safe bet.

Reactions: GoWVU
Still waiting on that new coaches name.
I told you previously if Jason Candle has a good year next year he would probably be one of the leading candidates. I remember when people heard Holgorsens name for the 1st time. Most people said who is he

Maybe Pitt needs a better coach, too?
Pitt is probably happy they missed out on Holgorsen. If Holgorsen ended up at Pitt and produced the same results I doubt you would be jealous of his accomplishments. You would probably be starting threads on how we dodged a bullet on that one. For one time in your life you would actually be right.

I wonder how long before Spookycat starts accidentally fighting with another one of it's sockpuppets and we have another epic meltdown?

No matter what Spooky, remember, we're all behind you until you get your personal issues worked out. Stay on your meds and get some rest. There's no timeline when it comes to the type of issues you're obviously struggling with.

I worry about ol' Spooky.

WVU has won 10+ games in a season, 9 times in program history.

Holgorsen coached two of those teams. The Doom and Gloomers will try to discredit both seasons but the fact remains.

WVU has won 10+ games in a season, 9 times in program history.

Holgorsen coached two of those teams. The Doom and Gloomers will try to discredit both seasons but the fact remains.

Ok...lets see...depending on time in history of Mountaineer and college football teams played two to four games less per season than in the current setup... and that makes ten wins easier don't ya' think? Holgorsen's claim to fame season was his first with recruits from BS and RR...interesting don't ya' think?

If the definition of "doomers and gloomers" is to expect something more than "we are mere, unfortunate West Virginians and we can't expect more than the current state of mediocrity" then I guess I am one of them, as are others. But it is kind of cool being lumped into a basket of deplorables don't ya' think?

Ok...lets see...depending on time in history of Mountaineer and college football teams played two to four games less per season than in the current setup... and that makes ten wins easier don't ya' think? Holgorsen's claim to fame season was his first with recruits from BS and RR...interesting don't ya' think?

If the definition of "doomers and gloomers" is to expect something more than "we are mere, unfortunate West Virginians and we can't expect more than the current state of mediocrity" then I guess I am one of them, as are others. But it is kind of cool being lumped into a basket of deplorables don't ya' think?

You act like we were Alabama before Holgorsen got here. If you do some research you'll find that throughout the history of the program WVU has averaged 6.5 wins per season. We are a state of 1.7 million people that has no recruiting base. Every kid that comes here got passed over by another Institution.

What exactly would make you happy? How many games do you think we should be winning per season? Give me your expert analysis.

Every time spooky talks about Utah...he says a "weak 6-6 Pac 12 team."

How exactly would you describe a 7-5 Big XII team without their starting quarterback and running back in the line-up?

You do know Utah was the favorite in that game right?

wow are you clueless or what? use absolutes much lol.

Several hours and that's all you come up with? Fact is, West Virginia isn't the first choice of many of the kids who end up signing here. Are you going to dispute that?

I'm still waiting to hear how many games you think we should be consistently winning each season. I want to hear the lofty expectations you have for a program that has averaged 6.5 wins per season over its existence.

booger is dana's newest attack dog on the board, ready to pounce if anyone criticizes his idol

Never mind that I've never given an opinion on his performance. You just makes things up as you go.

Still like to know what schools you consider to be destination jobs.

Not WVU. That was the point. Whether you think ND or Ohio State or Michigan or Bama or USC or FSU or LSU or Miami or Texas or Oklahoma or Georgia or Clemson or Penn State are destination spots truly have nothing to do with my point that is obvious to all non homers. Get your head in the game!!! Geez!!!

Not WVU. That was the point. Whether you think ND or Ohio State or Michigan or Bama or USC or FSU or LSU or Miami or Texas or Oklahoma or Georgia or Clemson or Penn State are destination spots truly have nothing to do with my point that is obvious to all non homers. Get your head in the game!!! Geez!!!
like those who say Nick Saban is a great coach..his record at Michigan St was 6-5-1..6-6..7-5..6-6..9-2..he coaches the same way now as he did then..he's not a great coach he just has the best talent and if he coached at WVU his record would reflect close to the same results..

like those who say Nick Saban is a great coach..his record at Michigan St was 6-5-1..6-6..7-5..6-6..9-2..he coaches the same way now as he did then..he's not a great coach he just has the best talent and if he coached at WVU his record would reflect close to the same results..

Nothing to do with my post but ok. Oh and of course Saban would win more games at WVU than any other coach ever has.

Nothing to do with my post but ok. Oh and of course Saban would win more games at WVU than any other coach ever has.
Saban was a failure with the Dolphins because the talent levels are relatively equal. He only wins like he does because Alabama hires some of the best high school players in the country.

Yes....us damn homers are just ruining everything WVU here on the message board and in real life. rolls eyes.

Saban was a failure with the Dolphins because the talent levels are relatively equal. He only wins like he does because Alabama hires some of the best high school players in the country.

So low IQ I can’t help you. Good luck in life sir.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT