ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Another new 2026 DL talks West Virginia offer

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Orlando (Fla.) First Academy 2026 defensive lineman Christian Willis told me that he had been in contact with the coaching staff for a while but was anxious when he talked with defensive line coach AJ Jackson and assistant defensive line coach Jaysen Thompson. Still, that subsided pretty quickly when he found out that West Virginia was extending a scholarship offer because he has spent a lot of time getting to know the staff. I asked him how familiar he was with the program and he had a great response, "Who doesn't know about West Virginia?" Willis told me he plans to take a visit at some point but is still working on that date when it will occur. He is being recruited as a three technique but has the ability to play anywhere on the defensive line and the coaches like his football IQ as well as how he can translate that to the field. He took a bus tour this summer visiting places like Florida, North Carolina, Central Florida, Charlotte, Maryland, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, South Carolina and a few others but now wants to make it back to West Virginia. He wants to find a place where he has a strong connection not only with the coaches but the players on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.