ADVERTISEMENT

Another ESPN glorified hit piece

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
The best part is looking at the title of the article and then look at the picture directly below it. ESPN’s not even trying to hide their blatant posturing against the big 12

https://es.pn/2PpsVMg

Seem logical and based on the facts to me. How could an objective observer think WVU would run they table when the team has been so mistake prone against its lightest opponents?

I think its a little bit of both - truthful and a hit piece.

First, WVU still controls their own destiny. As long as OU and UT don't lose again until our match-ups, we're in. Too many quality wins to keep us out.

From what I've seen, ND looks the part. They've played quality opponents and beaten them. That does not include VT, despite what the article implied. No team that loses to a FCS team, and resoundingly at that, deserves to be ranked at all. Of course, we all see that the "voters" brought them back into the top 25 just to hype up a snoozefest that ND dominated from start to finish.

So, the team that should get left out is probably Clemson. The argument made last year against UCF was that even though they were undefeated they hadn't played quality competition. That same argument could be made against Clemson. They barely squeaked out a win a couple of times this year already - against hardly world beaters. They could finish the year without a win against a top 25 team and win a conference championship game against whom?

But since this is an ESPN article, and by proxy a pro-ACC article, this was hardly given a mention. So, a hit piece not so much as a propaganda article.

At seasons end, there will not be 4 undefeated schools.

I don't think we are going undefeated. I hope I'm wrong.

I also think barring something crazy Alabama is the only team that can beat Alabama.

Based on Saturday's results the Big 12 is fair game for disrespect.

Grier thrown 3 interceptions in the end zone. Team looks uneven against bottom-feeder Kansas.

Oklahoma loses to Texas, which lost to Maryland.

Oklahoma States loses to Iowa State, which struggles with reaching .500 every season.

IF Notre Dame, or any Power Five team, goes undefeated then it will be in and belongs in the Football Final Four. But history tells us no more than one unbeaten team will be in the FFF.

The onus is on WVU. Go undefeated or don't crybaby about national disrespect. And its plays in the last three halves doesn't merit bouquets, but brickbats.

I say that with love, because its my alma mater. WVU desperately needs a return to what it did in the first half against Texas Tech.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
I mmense upgrade needed against Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

I think its a little bit of both - truthful and a hit piece.

First, WVU still controls their own destiny. As long as OU and UT don't lose again until our match-ups, we're in. Too many quality wins to keep us out.

From what I've seen, ND looks the part. They've played quality opponents and beaten them. That does not include VT, despite what the article implied. No team that loses to a FCS team, and resoundingly at that, deserves to be ranked at all. Of course, we all see that the "voters" brought them back into the top 25 just to hype up a snoozefest that ND dominated from start to finish.

So, the team that should get left out is probably Clemson. The argument made last year against UCF was that even though they were undefeated they hadn't played quality competition. That same argument could be made against Clemson. They barely squeaked out a win a couple of times this year already - against hardly world beaters. They could finish the year without a win against a top 25 team and win a conference championship game against whom?

But since this is an ESPN article, and by proxy a pro-ACC article, this was hardly given a mention. So, a hit piece not so much as a propaganda article.

Every team controls their own destiny. Warez

At seasons end, there will not be 4 undefeated schools.

I don't think we are going undefeated. I hope I'm wrong.

I also think barring something crazy Alabama is the only team that can beat Alabama.

Well said. I think this game will tell us volumes Saturday. IMO I have never seen a Dana WVU team come into a game pissed off. This needs to change this week.

As of right now the Big XII is in better position than last year

Big XII will get three NYD games instead of one CFP game.

Larger payout for the Big XII
Then the conference can position themselves for next year if they go 3-0 in those games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT