ADVERTISEMENT

Another bad sign. $3 tickets at WVU

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Jackonsville tickets are selling for $3!

And those are online tickets, which usually are jacked up above market value.

Someone is taking a bath on those tickets. $3 to watch Jacksonville play WVU in Morgantown. Who would think that it would come to that?

Hope the Mountaineers can win this one. Need all the victories before the Big 12 slaughterhouse.

Free market at work. Things are worth what they are worth.

Good opportunity for families to attend a game.

I see it as a positive.

Someone is taking a bath on those tickets. $3 to watch Jacksonville play WVU in Morgantown. Who would think that it would come to that?

Hope the Mountaineers can win this one. Need all the victories before the Big 12 slaughterhouse.

LOL at Big12 slaughterhouse. Homers are so adorable.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I'll be watching and hoping to see improvement in the young guys. Kinda hope to see Sags dismissed from the team by then. Let someone else get his minutes. Unless he pulls his head out of his ass, which is probably unlikely.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Go take your family. You can buy uppers for $3 and go sit lower.

Funny thing is the secondary market and ticket hustling is hitting the fan. The big Oklahoma football game had a sell out but they were selling tickets outside lower level for $20-40 cause they couldn’t give them away. Why anyone buys off internet is crazy. Those thugs from Pittsburgh standing out there trying to sell tickets are not making much money anymore. They were desperately selling tickets vs Oklahoma for $10. Big screen TVs are too good at home for many now. Cost of living is so overpriced in America a lot of people only can go to 1-2 games now. I still go to all home games but I’m a real WVU homer.

Gotta make amends for the ridiculous price gouging for shit games during football season when the athletic department screwed over fans by treating every game like it's the Super Bowl.

Go take your family. You can buy uppers for $3 and go sit lower.

Funny thing is the secondary market and ticket hustling is hitting the fan. The big Oklahoma football game had a sell out but they were selling tickets outside lower level for $20-40 cause they couldn’t give them away. Why anyone buys off internet is crazy. Those thugs from Pittsburgh standing out there trying to sell tickets are not making much money anymore. They were desperately selling tickets vs Oklahoma for $10. Big screen TVs are too good at home for many now. Cost of living is so overpriced in America a lot of people only can go to 1-2 games now. I still go to all home games but I’m a real WVU homer.

What do you mean by thugs?

LOL at Big12 slaughterhouse. Homers are so adorable.

Final 2017 national rankings:
3. Kansas.
6. Texas Tech.
13. West Virginia.
19. Kansas State.

40% of the Big 12 was in the top 20. That's 20% of the top 20.
I stand by my "slaughterhouse" statement.
Facts get in the way, don't they?

Here's your problem...you are trying to use LAST YEAR'S teams to justify your ridiculous statement for the UPCOMING conference season. This is a new year and the league with the exception of Kansas is mediocre...while WVU one of the teams you base your description upon...sucks.

On part of it I will agree...if WVU continues to perform as it is now then anyone else in the conference will feast upon the Mountaineers.

But your continuing PR shrill routine for the conference that starts 850 miles away from Morgantown makes you the center of the idiot universe. Just sayin'

I think he means that WVU is going to take a beating when they start playing Big 12 teams more so than the conference being totally awesome at basketball.

Nope! Eers is the biggest Big12 homer in the country. It’s actually pathetic.

Final 2017 national rankings:
3. Kansas.
6. Texas Tech.
13. West Virginia.
19. Kansas State.

40% of the Big 12 was in the top 20. That's 20% of the top 20.
I stand by my "slaughterhouse" statement.
Facts get in the way, don't they?

Listen up old timer. 4 top 30 teams in 2017 is far from a slaughterhouse. It’s hilarious when you homers go down the % argument haha. Facts are manipulated to serve certain narratives. Your post serves as a perfect example. Big12 is a one trick pony.

hbs85Zo.gif

Listen up old timer. 4 top 30 teams in 2017 is far from a slaughterhouse. It’s hilarious when you homers go down the % argument haha. Facts are manipulated to serve certain narratives. Your post serves as a perfect example. Big12 is a one trick pony.

As of right now 14 of the 18 conference games are against NCAA tournament teams.
I don't think anyone can say that except for Baylor and Oklahoma State.

The ACC has 15 teams...

4 of those teams are horrible.

So with an 18 game conference schedule you are playing at most 8-12 games against NCAA tournament teams.

If the Big XII is a one trick pony the ACC is a no trick pony.

Duke is no where close to Kansas right now.
Neither is Virginia or UNC.

Texas played UNC. They have no defense and Texas has better athletes.
If it wasn't for Crabman they would have loss by 15+.

As of right now 14 of the 18 conference games are against NCAA tournament teams.
I don't think anyone can say that except for Baylor and Oklahoma State.

IMO I think it’s fairly clear the the Big TEN, Big12, ACC, arguably the SEC, Nova and 1 or 2 other Big East or mid majors are all very competitive and fairly even. Getting in a pissing contest over Conference Pride is a joke until these teams hit March Madness. In some years it’s obvious when one Conference is strongest. In most years toss em in a hat and match ups and luck determine who wins. There where homer says on this site acting like Kansas St was a top 8 team LOL. They were the lucky team that rode upsets into final 8.

The ACC has 15 teams...

4 of those teams are horrible.

So with an 18 game conference schedule you are playing at most 8-12 games against NCAA tournament teams.

If the Big XII is a one trick pony the ACC is a no trick pony.

Duke is no where close to Kansas right now.
Neither is Virginia or UNC.

Texas played UNC. They have no defense and Texas has better athletes.
If it wasn't for Crabman they would have loss by 15+.

Then UNC pounds the #1 team in America. You’re better than this. Old man Eers isn’t. I bust your balls but it’s obvious you’re a bright guy that does his research. Honestly I don’t have time or desire to research like you do. I respect it though. The WVU homer thing is annoying. I’ll never consider you that. But it’s impossible claiming one Conference is king in most years. Specially at this point. Kansas is Blue Blood. Anyone saying different because they haven’t won titles in awhile is a moron. On the flip side anyone thinking TCU or Texas or Oklahoma would dominate ACC is also a moron. They would face the same 12-14 tough games like in any of the other conferences minus the pathetic PAC12.

Why was Gonzaga #1?

Because they beat an overrated Duke team who crushed an overrated Kentucky team.

Duke is going to have issues against Tech because Tech is very athletic.
Duke/Tech will be a lot like Florida vs Tech last year when Texas Tech proved to be the more athletic team.

UNC has no perimeter D.
They have the same issues as they did last year.
Like I said a hot shooting night by Crabman prevented UNC from getting blown out by Texas.

Texas' entire roster is Top 100 recruits except Long and the senior forward Osetkowski.

ACC is actually a better conference because its wide open play for Texas.
But the Big XII is better for D because the Big XII allows a lot more physical play by the guards.

Why was Gonzaga #1?

Because they beat an overrated Duke team who crushed an overrated Kentucky team.

Duke is going to have issues against Tech because Tech is very athletic.
Duke/Tech will be a lot like Florida vs Tech last year when Texas Tech proved to be the more athletic team.

UNC has no perimeter D.
They have the same issues as they did last year.
Like I said a hot shooting night by Crabman prevented UNC from getting blown out by Texas.

Texas' entire roster is Top 100 recruits except Long and the senior forward Osetkowski.

ACC is actually a better conference because its wide open play for Texas.
But the Big XII is better for D because the Big XII allows a lot more physical play by the guards.

Straw man argument by you from your own question. No way to validate your opinion that Duke is overrated one and two that that win alone made Zaga #1. So I get you brother. All things ACC sucks. Cool.

You saw how WVU manhandled Pitt without Culver. ACC hoops overhyped. WVU beat UVA last 2 years they played. UNC Tarheels are average in basketball again. Buffalo just strangled Syracuse. Duke 1 and done won’t make it past sweet 16 in tourney.

I went to Jackonsville for the Gator Bowl in '04. We got smoked but had a great time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT