ADVERTISEMENT

Angelo's Myrtle Beach steak seasoning, or other suggestions. Back?

Sapphireer

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I read and heard for years that Angelo's had the best steaks in Myrtle Beach. A bold claim for a place that has a pasta buffet, I thought.

Anyway, in the last 12 months I have had a rib eye and a strip there and I must say they do an excellent steak. I don't think I have enjoyed any USDA Prime cut more than the hand cut USDA Choice cuts I've had at Angelo's.

In my opinion, the one thing that really stands out about the steaks there is their seasoning. So I asked what it was and was told that it is a "well kept secret", they wouldn't even give me a clue as to what was in it. No good will there.

So, two questions. Anyone ever have a steak at Angelo's that can guess what is in the seasoning? Any of you kitchen champions (Backcountry) have suggestions for bold steak seasoning. I use a lot of blackened seasoning that I like, but I would like to change up once in a while and the stuff at Angelo's would be the ticket.

I really don't use a lot of steak seasonings per se, I generally use kosher salt and coarse ground pepper and then finish the steak with a compound butter of some sort. Two seasonings I have used in the past and do like for steaks or burgers are Cavender's Greek seasoning and Apollo Meats (Tampa) steak seasoning

Try Western Seasoning by McCormick. Really good on steaks and burgers and also chicken (particularly Rotisserie). I don't believe you can buy it in stores. Amazon and a couple other online sites sell it.

What do you mean "finish the steak" with a butter? Same as having it on the side and applying it as desired?

Angelo's had a tasty blue cheese-garlic butter. I never really paid much attention to steak seasoning untill Angelo's because it was a difference maker, then they wouldn't share....

My favorite way to do a steak is to marinate in your Huli Huli Marinade bro. You could put that stuff on a shoe and it would taste good! LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT