ADVERTISEMENT

And the rumors start - crazy

Nova Mountaineer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
Morgantown
1) January 1 Dana's gone - said buyout goes from $5 million to $1 million then. I don't
that is accurate.
2) Dana to go to Houston as Head coach. Seems weird they have a head coach
3) Top prospect for WVU head coaching position is Alabama offensive coordinator

These came out of Charleston. They all seem really far-fetched. But in the interest
of ending year with a bang wanted to share.

1) January 1 Dana's gone - said buyout goes from $5 million to $1 million then. I don't
that is accurate.

These came out of Charleston. They all seem really far-fetched. But in the interest

Quick question - who is UMD’s HBC and where was he before taking the UMD job?

I think Dana will be here next season, but last night at the post game he had the look of a coach who knew his best shot of having a great season at WVU went down the crapper in the last three games. Next year looks rough.

that is accurate.

His buyout will be 6.9 million next season and it will remain that way as long as his current contract is in place. Next season would be the cheapest time to fire this guy if that's what Lyons has in mind.

that is accurate.

Let it be known I predicted Dana would leave WVU and return to Houston back in 2016 when they hired Herman.

DH was on the hot seat but put together a 10 win season. If it wasnt for that, I think DH goes to UH back then.

Its not the worst move. You can win there.

Last edited:
Should he be dismissed during the final three years of the contract, WVU would owe him up to $6.9 million.

If Holgorsen leaves for another job, he would owe West Virginia between $1 million and $3 million depending on his departure date.

Fire him now. Why wait if you still have to spend that kind of money. Fire the terrible coach. Man up Shane.

that is accurate.

Alabama doesnt have an offensive coordinator. Locksley was hired by Maryland and they havent filled the position.

that is accurate.

Rumor has legs...

https://247sports.com/college/west-...-Virginia-Houston-Cougars-football-126979716/

http://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...-major-applewhite-considering-dana-hoglorsen/

Its not a bad move, esp if you think you will be fired next year.

You can win big in Houston, and set yourself up for another big job.

It's a good spot for him. A big 3-4 run would position himself nicely and folks outside of WV think hes done a nice job here.

Just bragging more....i called this years back.
1371607143890.jpeg

Heupel gets my vote hands down. Dude is legit. A better OC then Holgerson and probably a better overall HC

If Dana leaves then the haters will have to find someone else to hate every time WVU loses a game or doesn't win by 40 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT